“Metal shards in pasta and manager not helpful”
Review of Oakfire

Oakfire
Ranked #11 of 104 Restaurants in Lake Geneva
Description: Oakfire is a Neapolitan Pizzeria located in downtown Lake Geneva in a new 2 story building that has the most magnificent views of Geneva Lake. You'll find a variety of pizzas, salads, and paninos all made with top quality ingredients, including San Marzano tomatoes and imported cheeses. The pizzas are cooked in 90 seconds in a wood burning oven that was imported from Italy.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We have been there plenty of times in the past with great experience. Our sever was great, food was awesome. Reason for the low rating was the manager on duty. My daughter spit out a metal shard out of her pasta dish (butter noodles) male sever very, attentive was there with in 30 seconds. Luckily she didn't cut herself or swollow, and spit it out right away. Server asked the manager to take off dish from meal. Ok cool... were satisfied. Earlier order a glass of wine, it was stale, no biggy, ordered a different one that I knew i liked. Now now comes the end of meal, server presents the check, kids meal, and stale wine are still on it... obviously a mistake, okay.... things happen... been in the buisness. Server comes back address the correction of the bill bla bla bla, brings new bill still wine on there? Okay now I'm agitated. I bring up the bill to the manager. I ago him to take off the wine. He asked me what was wrong with it. I said I had returned it because it didn't take good. He returned with the check and said normally I wouldn't take things off the bill but because of your daughters dish (who had metal shards in it) we comped your beverage.

I asked again clearly, if someone doesn't like something, sends something back, the quality is bad? You still charge? He said yes or half price I said I will remember that. And I hope you do to when you decide to go there.

This though should have no reflection on the staff but the blonde male manager

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Loved the atmosphere. We were seated on the second floor in the outdoor space. Great view of the lake and nice breeze on a hot day. Service was good....had to ask for silverware twice after food was served. We saw the pizza on other tables. Crust edges appeared burnt and dry with center soggy. It may have been good but not what we like. We all ordered the Sant Elmo- a tender juicy grilled chicken sandwich. Crust on bread was not edible. All four of us ate only the center of the bread. Sandwich comes with fries or side salad. Fries okay but salad was very tasty. Good variety of mix drinks on menu.

1  Thank IllinoisKate1
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We came at 12:15 on a Saturday and were able to score an outdoor seat. We enjoyed the wood fired bread, Mickey Mouse pizza for the kid, bosse pizza and Napoli salad for us. Everything was delicious. The kid would have liked more sauce and cheese on pizza or maybe dipping sauce for the bread ears. Great stop before the beach!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The thin crust pizza is amazing. My choice was the Capricciosa and I wasn't disappointed. Great fresh toppings and wonderful taste.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I didn't have high expectations going in to this place because every place at the lake sounds delicious and is just "meh". Our favorite place used to be Sprechers, but now it's our second favorite because holy wow is Oakfire delicious! The fresh mozzarella here is amazing! I had the caprese panino (sandwich on italian bread) and my husband had a pizza. Both had the mozzarella and we devoured our food. Our kids shared a bowl of butter noodles that they nearly finished (which is unusual). We all thoroughly enjoyed our lunch and can't wait to go back to try other menu items! Staff was friendly and place has a great view of the lake.