“Why can't we go sledding at Aztalan State Park anymore?”
Review of Aztalan State Park

Aztalan State Park
Reviewed 6 March 2013

I grew up sledding at Aztalan State Park. It was awesome, easily the best sledding hill ever. Now, there are signs and fences prohibiting sledding or other fun activities. I am really sad and disappointed about this, because I would love to take my kids there. No reasons are given at the site or online. It just seems like a little but of fun got crushed in the universe. Sledding has zero environmental impact, doesn't disrespect anyone, doesn't cost any money and has very little risk. Basically, it just seems like someone is enjoying a power trip. It takes a petty, despicable person to enjoy ruining children's fun over something trivial. I just want my kids to be able to enjoy the greatest sledding hill ever, like I did when I was growing up. Does anybody know any reasons, or know anybody that we can contact over this?

5  Thank m240g
"river"
"replica"
"hiking"

Reviewed 7 February 2013

This park has a great history of the Mississippian People with its burial mounds and pyramid mound. There is also a number of old building and a museum just outside of the park. It is a great place to walk around and see the historical information exhibits.

Reviewed 24 December 2012

We were interested in finding our more about the mound building culture of Wisconsin. We were able to complete a walk through Aztalan in a couple of hours. We found it informative, with good supplemental I formation to help support understanding of what you are viewing. We were glad we took the time to walk through Aztalan.

1  Thank MSUmindy
Reviewed 23 December 2012

If you're in the area, you must stop and see Aztalan State Park. It's a wonderful spot to picnic, right on the river, with the historic Indian Mounds to explore. There are several hiking trails (many new) that make it a worthwhile stop anytime of year.

1  Thank Jane W