“China in Middle America”
Review of Ming's Garden

Ranked #12 of 21 Restaurants in Lake Mills
Price range: US$1 - US$15
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 12 July 2012

When we drove through Lake Mills, they were having their Wednesday evening farmer's market on the city's square - its more of a triangle but you know what I mean. We were in town for some golf at the local country club. After we finished we googled "Lake Mills Chinese" and up came Ming's. We got there a bit before 9pm so our server was quick to point out that they closed at 9:15. I'll admit it did feel kinda rushed so I recommend that you get there before that - unless you just want take-out. Anyway, ordered the Szechuan Shrimp - really liked it - of course I'm no expert on Chinese cooking but the shrimp were nice and firm and very large. The veggies were colorful and it was plentiful and spicy. I'll get there earlier the next time. @jrmigs

1  Thank jrmigs

Reviewed 9 July 2012

Do mostly the lunch buffet and takeout. Buffet has a good variety and is very flavorful compared to other other chinese restaurants in the area. The takeout combination meals are almost enough for two people.

Reviewed 14 March 2012

You will love Ming's Garden. It's a small place, with a small buffet, but it has everything you want.

Reviewed 22 February 2009

The staff is always friendly and welcoming. Whether you eat in or dine out it is good. My family enjoys the Happy Family and Sesame Seed Chicken. I can honestly say we have not had a bad dish there - oh yeah the dumplings are great too.

Reviewed 27 December 2008

I live in Lake Mills, and I love this place. The buffet lunch is excellent! Very reasonably priced as well. The take out dinners are hot and delicious. This is the best Chinese restaurant I've ever been to. The best kept secret in Lake Mills.