“Great Taste of Wisconsin's Northwoods”
Review of Waubee Lake Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lakewood
Waubee Lake Lodge
“Great Taste of Wisconsin's Northwoods”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

More casual than a traditional Wisconsin supper club, Waubee Lake Lodge offers many of the same classics, done well. The new owners are lovely people. steaks are delicious, prime rib is a good or better than most supper clubs that I have been to, and the walleye is out of this world. The hotel rooms are very large and clean. Ours had a great view of the lake and a fireplace, along with a kitchenette. Not very secluded, but the lodge is close to hiking trails and other outdoor activities to do in the Nicolet National Forest. Waubee Lake is clean and beautiful, and the lodge lets you use their paddle boats and canoes on the water for no additional charge. Waubee Lodge is a nice place to spend a weekend in the northwoods.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Birchplease

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Rockford, Illinois
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Beautiful place, great rooms and fully wheelchair accessible except the loft area. The only thing I didn't like was that all housekeeping did was change towels. They don't even make your bed yet change the sheets. Good luck calling the front desk; nobody answers it most of the time unless the bartender happens to hear it.

Room Tip: Look at their web site. Every room is different.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 14 March 2013

My wife booked this place for our anniversary and we could not have had a better time. The rooms are fantastic - design and amenities are thought out and well maintained. The staff was extremely friendly - our server stayed after her shift was over and had a few drinks with us, as did the owner. The view is gorgeous, and the area offers a lot for recreation. Overall it was the best anniversary of our young marriage (5 years) and I just booked us for this July. Highly, highly recommended.

Room Tip: L05 was the perfect romantic escape!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Oregon, Wisconsin
Reviewed 18 August 2012

Huge newly remodeled rooms. Super comfortable beds and pillows. Awesome shower. Full kitchen in our room, which was more like a suite! Everything was very clean. Awesome rates. Food is really good. I would stay here again for sure.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the lake.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed 12 August 2012

If you have reservations good luck when you get there. We had a group of 8 of us that went there to enjoy a nice fun relaxing weekend and this place almost made us want to just go home. We go to check in and they have no reservation for us, coincidently there was a wedding there with a lot of people and guessing their group was more profitable then ours. The place we finally found to stay at said this is a common thing that happens all the time there. The service seems very disorganized, they couldn't even keep dinner reservations straight. We waited a half hour to get in for our RESERVATIONS. Then 45 minutes to even get our meals. They act like its no big deal. We would have never even went there for dinner if one of our friends didn't have a gift certificate. Food was mediocre at best.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 July 2012

I recently held my wedding at waubee lake lodge this past june, and every one of my guests said it was the best wedding they have ever been too! I will however let u know the negatives and positives. First negatives...Friday we checked into the lodge, whereas my room was ready and gorgeous, unfortunately my fiances was not. All would have been fine but checkin was technically 2 hours prior to this and the front desk lady was rather inconsidrate/rude to him. I made my cake which turned out great, but their bartender, a much older gentleman kept removing it from the refrigerator....this caused my cake and its fondant (3 tiers suited to serve 200) to melt! ( no worries it still was edible and looked acceptable). My fiance spoke with the man who could have cared less, was rude, and continued to remove the cake! Lastly we had a sit down plated dinner....service could have been a bit faster and tear down for the dance faster. For large events, having a few extra servers and staff for teardown is highly recommended. Now for positives....first the value is great! You stay in gorgeous rooms with great views for very affordable prices. The food was great at the rehearsal dinner and phenominal at the wedding....several told me it was the best prime rib and walleye they've ever had! The cost of the sit down dinner was super affordable... there was a cocktail hour outside as we did our grand march by coming in on a pontoon boat! I heard the apps were great as well!
I requested certain ppl have certain cuts of prime rib...as well as long table clothes and risers....all were there! The dance was great!..and russ let us light off fireworks at the end. The evening prior to we had a get together next door at the beachclub to welcome our guests....sandy did a great job with food and accomodations (I highly recommend this place as well). The hall fee was great ( basically nothing and included everything...food and drinks was all so incredibly priced we were able to really treat our guests well! Russ was great, didn't complicate, nitpick or nickel and dime us to death.....
Fyi this venue is unique, intimate, beautiful and classy! However it is in northern woods wisco...so u have to understand its a bit more laid back than your typical wedding venue...all in all my guests and I had an amazing time and i highly recommend this venue...not a single bad comment was made and my guests had the best time. Thanks waubee for everything!

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank kyates3611
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 11 June 2012

My wife and I recently stayed at Waubee Lake Lodge and found the room and whole experience to be great. The room was huge had nice amenities and was very reasonably priced. The lodge has nine rooms all with either small balconies or patior overlooking the lake and 8 more rooms that face the parking lot. Get a room facing the lake as they are no more expensive than the other rooms. Rooms have a variety of layouts. Many have separate bedrooms and full kitchens. They have paddle boats and row boats for use with no fee.

Only problem is that our balcony was only a few feet from the dining room's balcony. (this affects any room number ending in a one.) Some type of partition running the height of the lodge would help. We are already planning a return trip.

Room Tip: Rooms ending in 02 or 03 have lake views and are away from restaurant deck.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank BadgerTripper

Been to Waubee Lake Lodge? Share your experiences!