“A Bit Disappointed This Time”
Review of Bent's Camp

Bent's Camp
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Torrington, Wyoming
“A Bit Disappointed This Time”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

My husband and I have been to Bent's before and always enjoyed our meals. However, this time was quite different...I ordered the walleye fingers, which were shaped like those factory-made fish sticks! I was very disappointed because they were also breaded a bit heavily for my taste. I thought they might be hand breaded, in-house, but they were obviously right off the truck! My husband tried the walleye sandwich and wasn't any more impressed with his meal than I was with mine. Too bad because the Friday Night Fish Fry is fantastic! Guess I'll stick to that from now on...

Visited June 2014

Lombard, Illinois
“Great Family Place ”
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

My parent have a place on the chain and we go to Bents a lot by both boat and car. It is very kid friendly and we have been going for long time. I remember watching Braves vs Pirates playoffs games when Barry Bonds was on the pirates and thin. Good food. Decent price. Great location.

Waukegan, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Family Friendly and Fantastic Food”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

My family and I had dinner at Bent's Camp with some dear friends. We had never been there before and often cringe at the thought of eating out with our children, as they can be a bit of a handful in public...Luckily, the hostess provided crayons and coloring pages upon being sat AND there is a game room for added entertainment. The Gift Shop provided ample retail therapy for the ladies, while the men enjoyed a cocktail, popcorn, and watched sporting events on one of the MANY large screan TV's in the bar area until we were sat in the dinning room. The wait wasn't too long and the food pleased all ages and tastes. The kids had pizza, chicken tenders and cheese curds. The moms were happy to hear apple sauce was an options as well:). The adults had pizza, steak, burgers, and a few appetizers. All were fantastic with a very reasonable cost as well. Overall, the dinning experience, atmosphere and views at Bent's Camp are TOP-NOTCH!!! We will be back.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Thomas W
Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin
“Dinner was a disappointment”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I am not commenting on Bent's Camp as a place to lodge as it has spectacular views and charming old cabins-REALLY OLD-that are something to see.
My complaints are the dinners we had when we dined last Thursday on vacation. I ordered the 14 oz ribeye for $22. A little pricey but I figured it was aged for that price. OMG, no it wasn't. It was substandard even to a grocery store cut of ribeye. First it was at MOST 10 oz. No way was it 14 oz. Second, it was loaded with tough gristle and flavorless fat (fat on ribeyes can be as delicious as butter) and the edges hadn't been trimmed of the tough thick membrane surrounding the roast. Just disgusting. I was pissed. I had 5 or 6 oz of substandard beef for $22. Come on people. People who order steak know steak. It was insulting. Did you think I didn't know that wasn't 14oz? And could you serve untrimmed unaged meat for that price? Are we paying just to enjoy the views? No thanks.
Then my husband got their "famous" potato crusted walleye fillets for $23. They were good size but they were very fishy and watery as though they'd been frozen and oozed their fishy watery-ness into the supposed-to-be-crispy mashed potato coating. Yuk!
Salad bar was very small. Nothing special. Rolls were dried up and had to be several days old. You can't serve the table hot bread at that price? Might go for drinks sometime but dinner just made me angry after I got the bill. Yukky food for outrageous prices. And the service was also so-so.

• Visited October 2013
Naperville
“Wonderful Lake View!”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Our party of nine visited Bent's Camp one evening during our week long stay in the northwoods this past summer. We always stay on Lac Vieux Desert at Sunrise Lodge but decided to go out for pizza/beer to change things up a bit. Friends who regularly stay at Bents suggested we give it a try and we're so glad they did. It was a bit of a drive from Sunrise but worth it. We were greeted promptly upon arrival. We asked for a table with lake views and although we were told it might be a bit of a wait, we decided to pass the time in the bar area with some good craft beer. They had plenty of offerings both on tap and bottled. There was fresh popcorn being popped to go along with the beer and beautiful lake views to enjoy as we waited. We were soon escorted to our rustic dining tables in the adjacent room, again with terrific lake views! Everyone quickly decided upon their favorite pizza and orders were placed. The service was quick and friendly, the homemade pizza was delicious! No one left disappointed! I would definitely recommend Bents Camp to anyone looking for a great casual Northwoods dining experience. You'll love it!

• Visited July 2013