“The Ultimate UK Diner Experience”

50's American Diner
Price range: US$12 - US$18
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The diner is open friday 5pm til 9pm saturday 12 noon til 9pm and sunday 12 noon til 7pm to book please give us a call the diner has received a 5 star food hygeine rating for the last 11 years and is the highest rating available We have recently won The Food Awards category " Best World Cuisine" both in the Midlands and in England.
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My wife and I ate there three times inside a week - you can draw your own conclusions from that. It's an eating experience like no other, particularly if you're a sucker for 40s and 50s Americana (as I am). Don't over order, though, or you might not eat it all. I'd recommend Naked Dog with a cool drink, followed by waffles or pancakes.
Remember, too, everyone is working hard for your enjoyment. Some of the staff are young, so be nice to them (they naturally are!)
I just can't wait to get back there, in a few weeks time, for another chocolate malted.

(Surroundings are just right, too).

Reviewed 18 July 2014

My first visit to this iconic diner that has been shipped from the good old USA. the atmosphere was excellent with background music of the 50's that lets your imagination runaway to back in time. The staff were attentive and very friendly and there attention to cleanliness was excellent. The menu is a choice of burgers, hot dogs and typical american food. The milkshakes are to die for. Overall VFM was good, 3 courses and drinks for under £20pp, space can be limited so its well worth booking in advance. The only improvement maybe would be thicker and tastier burgers. Would I go back - yes i would.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Unless you know about this place you would never stumble upon it, it is well hidden away. We had been told by several friends about it.
You generally need to book but it is only open on fri, sat and sun so this can be difficult.
The diner itself is fantastic, true original and lots to look at once you are inside. Don't spend too much time outside as it will put you off. The surroundings of the carpark are not great but just but your blinkers on and go inside.
Once inside the atmosphere is great, this place does not serve alcohol as it is a true diner. There is a huge choice on the menu and whatever you order, you get masses of food. There is hardly room for pudding especially if you have one of the milkshakes. My boyfriend managed waffles for pudding!!!
Nice place to go if you fancy something different.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Visited the 50's American Diner on Saturday 5.7.14.

Previous reviewers have already mentioned the surrounding car park but it is true ignore this because the diner itself is picture perfect. Captures the 50's feel perfectly and this continues inside- all chrome,neon, American memorabilia and appropriate juke box music.

The waiting staff are all dressed 50's style- polka dots a-plenty.

We we're politely greeted and even though early we were seated within a few minutes.

Drinks were offered almost immediately and we had a mixture of kids drinks and milk shakes.

The shakes were good and beat the chain burger joints hands down - worth the £4.95. We shared starters of Garlic bread and sticky chicken nuggets - the garlic had lashings of butter and garlic and were very good as was the chicken. So a good start - and so far 5 stars but then came the main courses.

The adults had various beef burgers, the children had the kids menu - chicken nuggets and chips. I had a Marilyn Munro burger - with chili (Some like it hot), wife had Cisco Kid with guacamole and daughter had a blue cheese burger, all with chips. First impressions were good - looked like a nice burger with a mountain of chips.

Chips were OK but the biggest let down were the burgers. They were obviously frozen, mass produced burgers and were over cooked and quite tough to eat. The side salad was a lettuce leaf and a tomato. We were not asked how we wanted the burger cooked, I like mine medium rare, but I doubt this would have make much difference. This was the main part of the meal and a complete disappointment. Perhaps we were unlucky with our choices, perhaps the dogs and steaks are better.

We had deserts, the ice creams were good, my treacle sponge was nice but again it was obviously a mass produced item.

The kids meals were preformed chicken nuggets - chain restaurants offer much better.

I still think the place is worth a visit due to the vibe but choose your food carefully. It is a pity I can't give the place a better review as the place could be perfect - if only they made their own burgers, perhaps providing fewer chips and concentrate on the main event would be my advice - for what its worth.

2  Thank andrewhay
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Sons 17th birthday, and chose the best! Delicious food, excellent service and value for money. Atmosphere was brill, I felt I was in America. Definitely will be coming back. Don't be put off by the outside, just wait till you get in.

1  Thank Michelle W