“Will not go back.”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 16 June 2013

Even though the restaurant had very few people in it, our waitress did not make it over to our table for about five minutes. A number of the employees were setting tables etc and no one even brought us water. Apparently we were not at their table. The experience continued in this vain although our waitress did bring us coffee and water pitchers and picked up our plates. At no time were we asked how our meal was and if she could get us anything else. The buffet was old, beef tips and pasta were congealed and and some of the items were tepid in temperature. Pancakes were sitting on a plate in between the dishes on the steam table and were old and hard. Most everything appeared to be pre-made from a food service company and just thrown on a plate or in the deep fryer. Even the bacon was deep fried and dry. Salad bar had a number of items on it, but the only lettuce, was shredded iceberg.
As I was waiting to pay the bill employees walked by and did not go get anyone to help. Finally a waitress went to the back (maybe to see if the hostess was there) and came back and rang my bill up. All in all a very disappointing service.

2  Thank 898skimmie

Reviewed 10 June 2013

We decided to try this place again after new owners took it over. On our last visit for the Friday Night Seafood Buffet, we found food to be just cooked and reheated items that the restaurant got from their food service supplier. In other words, it was made in Sysco Supply kitchens, and just bags of opened items reheated and/or deep fried. This time around, to our disappointment it was the same exact thing. Nothing had changed in this place at all. Even the menu was the old one. The only thing that was different this time was the lounge bar service was much slower. We sat at a dirty bar with empty glasses and a sticky bar. The only bartender said she would be right with us, but she had to finish getting another customer a drink. So we waited, and watched her make that drink, talk to a couple of people, then wait on 3 guys that walked in and sat down at the other end of the bar. After getting them their drinks, she emptied the dishwasher and put the glasses away. Wiped down the other end of the bar, talked to a woman she knew sitting near her, and then, only then did she realize that we were still sitting there waiting. She came up to us and asked us what we wanted to drink. She completely ignored the empty glasses in front of us, the sticky wet bar, and her tip sitting there from the previous customers. She actually put down cocktail napkins right in the wet sticky spots on the bar in front of us. I told her "before you get us our drinks, clean up the bar please". She grabbed the glasses and again asked us what we wanted, I told her to give me a bar rag and I will clean the bar, as I picked up the napkins she put down. She then threw a wet rag on the bar gave it a quick wipe and put the rag back down. This was not a damp rag it was a wet rag. I took the cocktail napkins she put down and grabbed a few more and wiped the bar dry. I think she got the message and then did the same thing with a dry towel. Finally she got us a drink. As she did I couldn't help but notice the wet sticky bar farther down near the mixing station. She never attempted to clean it all the while sat there.

Our server came up immediatly after we had received our drink. And asked us if were ready to order. We told her no, and that we were waiting for another couple. She left the menus with us and left. But she did check with us a couple of times later to see if we were ready to order. She was friendly and polite. The only highlight in this place.

Three of the four of us ordered the seafood buffet. One opted for the Haddock dinner. The difference between her haddock and the stuff on the buffet was none. All the breaded items were made by a restaurant supply company. And just deep fried here in the restaurant. The soups I fear were the same. I thnk the only thing on the buffet that was actually made in this restaurant were the red potatoes, but even that I cannot be certain. The salad bar was bagged lettuce with other bagged items. Only a couple of pasta salads could have been made in house.
All items were bland with little or no taste. The "sea scallops" were not even scallops, but some sort of pressed item made into a form of a scallop.

As we ate I noticed the table next to us, that someone had ordered a steak. i cannot say how good it was, but I noticed he ordered the vegetable medley with his steak. That consisted of the standard bagged mixed veggies i.e.; canned gr. beans, carrots, and cauliflower. You have seen this medly in your frozen food section of your grocery store before. My guess is that it too comes from the restaurant supply company and is simply reheated.
I actually think this place has no trained chef. Just a cook that does the steaks.

Bottom line is this, the building is nice, thank the previous owners for that. But other than that, this place is a great big waste of money.

We paid $15.95 for this seafood buffet. I think it wasn't worth half of that.

1  Thank jerry m
Reviewed 17 May 2013

One of the best steaks I have had in a long time. Great thing about this place is they have daily specials on steaks, ribs and all you can eat buffets on the weekends. Will dine here every time I come to Little Chute.

Reviewed 22 March 2013

We had eaten here before and was not impressed with the seafood buffet but heard it had new owners and decided to give it another try. It is a nice building, spacious, clean and modern. The furniture is above average and the atmosphere lead you to believe that it will be better than it is. the salad bar consisted of shredded iceberg lettuce and a few vegetables, all looking fresh except the radishes which had seen better days, cottage cheese, coleslaw, a pasta salad, and a couple of spreads and crackers; nothing exciting. The clam chowder was average. The buffet was fresh and consists of mostly fried foods. An employee described the haddock as "like fish sticks" and it was like small pieces of fish fingers. All was acceptable but again nothing to get excited about. Thevprice of the seafood buffet is $15.99. The service was very good...service and building stand out, food doesn't.

1  Thank allez2008
Reviewed 3 March 2013

Went on a Saturday evening with a group. People spoke very well of the restaurant so we looked forward to eating here. My wife and I were very disappointed. I had the buffet and she had scallops and steak combo. First my Chardonnay wine was warm basically room temperature this wasn't a good way to start. The salad bar was small. The seafood on the salad bar was limited to crab legs scallops and shrimp. Except for the crab legs the others were deep fried with little flavor There was also prime rib which was salty and not very good. I left with a sick stomach. This is one place we crossed off the list.

2  Thank petersonge