“Very Accommodating Owners!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lomira
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Very Accommodating Owners!”
Reviewed 26 August 2012

We had a very pleasant stay at this hotel. It is an older hotel, but it was very clean and comfortable. The hotel owner and his wife were so friendly and went out of their way to make us feel welcome. We had forgotten to print out our itinerary for our trip and they were more than happy to do that for us. There is a restaurant a block away that had delicious food! We would recommend this hotel!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Jules B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Elkhorn, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed 19 August 2012

Recently I stayed at this hotel with 3 other adults and a 15 year old. We stayed in a room with 2 double beds and the total came to $175! The room didn't even come with a microwave or refrigerator for that price! We have all been to much nicer hotels with many more amenities for a lot less! (Lomira is not a location that deserves prices like this). One of the adults called the night before to check to see how late the pool was open and she was told 10:30pm. This was important to us because we looked forward to the hot tub and pool after our dinner but knew it would be after 9pm by the time we could finally get down to the pool. We got there at about 9:30pm and saw a huge sign that said the pool closes at 10pm! We figured we would just stay in the pool until we got asked to get out (afterall the clock they provided in the pool area was off by hours so it was impossible to keep track). Once 10pm came no one came to kick us out but all the lights were automatically shut off. We all had to walk from the hot tub around the pool (the floor was soaking wet) in the pitch dark, with only the dim light from the lobby area. Luckily we all got out without slipping or tripping. Also, the jets in the hot tub were broken and shot up out of the hot tub at our faces instead of in the water and the water never got warmer than luke warm. The pool was just slightly cooler.

This hotel was definitely not worth the cost. I felt as if the hotel management was only concerned about receiving the max amount of money out of us and did not do much beyond that. I am getting married this next week and I feel horrible that this was a hotel that was recommended to our guests. We plan on giving guests that we know have already booked rooms at this hotel a heads up so that they still have some time to change their accommodation if they feel it is necessary.

The rooms were decent but not enough for a better rating due to what we payed. It should have been half of that. The vending machines were less than 1/2 stocked. This hotel may be fine for people who just need a place to sleep and not much more, but still, I can't get over the price...

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Mandy T

Travellers are raving about these Lomira hotels

Crystal Lake, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 5 August 2012

We had a wonderful experience here at the Country Hearth Inn & Suites, Lomira, Wisconsin. The management and staff were wonderful, we had a nice clean room.
We were in Lomira for our nephews wedding and had a block of rooms and everyone in the family who attended all had the same area and in close proximity to each other which was very nice.
Thank you again for all you did was a great weekend. We hope to someday come back to Lomira to visit and may stay again.

Room Tip: The managment and staff were great .
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Debbie H
Santa Monica, California
Reviewed 4 August 2012

We stayed in this hotel last weekend for a wedding and had a pleasant stay. The hotel was surprisingly clean and breakfast was good. The staff was very accommodating. We will certainly come again and recommend to our friends.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Niagra F
Omaha, NE
Reviewed 29 July 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Country Hearth Inn in Lomira, Wisconsin on July 27, 2012. We booked our room under a large wedding block that had been established several months in advance. To say that this business' customer service is lacking would be a gross understatement. In addition, one specific act of its general manager/franchisee, Mr. Suri Burman, could be considered criminal activity.

On July 26, 2012, the day before our stay, my wife called to inquire as to the possibility of an early check-in. We were going to be driving from Omaha, Nebraska. We understood that our scheduled check-in time was 3p.m. However, the wedding we were attending started at 2:30p.m., and if we could not check-in early we would need to make arrangements to prepare elsewhere. My wife spoke with Dhrka Patl, who we understand may be Mr. Burman's wife, and she was unnecessarily curt and rude. Ms. Patl angrily told my wife that they could not guarantee an early check-in and made a point to tell her that she was too busy with more valued guests who were attending a nearby airshow. My wife began to ask if it would be alright if we call the following morning (July 27, 2012) while we were en route for an update on the availability of our room. Ms. Patl interrupted my wife, repeating that she could not guarantee an early check-in and ended the conversation.

The next day, July 27, 2012, my wife and I went with my older brother to check-in. When my brother attempted to check into his room, Ms. Patl informed him that he and his wife were lucky to still have a room for the evening. My brother asked Ms. Patl what she meant, and it was then that Ms. Patil informed him that the credit card they booked their room with had previously been declined. My brother told Ms. Patl that he would have appreciated a call informing him that their card had been declined. At that time, Mr. Burman interjected that the hotel does not call guests when their credit cards are declined. But then, Ms. Patl told Mr. Burman that she did call, which led to Ms. Patl and Mr. Burman contradicting one another and bickering in front of a long line of guests in the lobby.

After the wonderful welcome that my brother had just received from Ms. Patl and Mr. Burman, my wife and I checked into our room. As we were walking to the room, Ms. Patl found it necessary to tell my wife and I that there were other guests who were not a part of our wedding block staying in an adjoining room, and that if we wanted to visit with family at the hotel, we had better go to someone else's room.

The most egregious violation occurred later that night, however. Heeding Ms. Patl's earlier warning, my wife and I went to my older brother's room where my younger brother and his fiance were also staying. My older brother and his wife had left to get food from a nearby restaurant. The four of us were simply watching TV and talking quietly. In fact, my younger brother's fiance was already resting in bed. My younger brother and I stepped out of the room, flipping the locking mechanism between the door and its frame to keep the door propped open. We went to my room, where my brother used the restroom and I changed. A few moments later, my brother stepped out of my room. He looked down the hall and saw Mr. Burman with his face up against the door of the other room. My brother approached Mr. Burman and asked what he was doing. Mr. Burman, obviously caught off guard, told my brother that he had just received a noise complaint and was investigating. My brother called Mr. Burman's bluff, as it was only my wife and his fiance in the room, and all they were doing was watching TV. My brother again asked Mr. Burman why he was trying to peek inside the room. Mr. Burman told my brother that since the door was open, he had every right to look into the room. But it was not as if the door was wide open with everyone in plain sight. My brother told Mr. Burman that what he was doing was unacceptable and creepy, and Mr. Burman returned to the lobby.

After informing us of what he had just witnessed, my brother went to the lobby and asked Mr. Burman for the hotel's corporate contact information. He told Mr. Burman that he would be contacting a corporate representative and that he would be posting negative reviews of the hotel online. Mr. Burman responded by threatening to call the police. My brother welcomed him to do so, as did other guests in the lobby who had heard my brother explain what had happened. Mr. Burman backed down and gave my brother a hotel card which listed only his name, Ms. Patl's name hand-written on the card, and the toll free reservations number.

Everyone checked out of their respective rooms on time and without incident the following morning. However, later at a family gathering, we learned that Mr. Burman had called the bride of the wedding we attended that morning, and asked her to tell to my younger brother to not post any negative reviews online.

This hotel is not accredited by the Better Business Bureau, and that does not surprise me. Its current BBB grade is an 'F" and only 1 of the 5 complaints filed through the BBB have been resolved to the customer's satisfaction.

Despite the fact that Mr. Burman's replies to the negative reviews on this website are defensive and condescending, and that he never bothered to reply to 3 of the 5 complaints filed with the BBB of Wisconsin, I have submitted a complaint to the BBB of Wisconsin against Country Hearth Inn - Lomira. I'm not holding my breath that Mr. Burman will take my complaint seriously, so I have also submitted a complaint to the BBB of Metro Atlanta, Athens & NE Georgia against America's Best Franchising, Inc., Country Hearth Inn's corporate franchisor.

At this time, my family has not made its final decision as to whether or not we will be contacting law enforcement to report Mr. Burman's behavior and have him prosecuted under Wisconsin's Peeping Tom/Invasion of Privacy Laws. I believe it would be in America's Best Franchising, Inc.'s best interest to replace Mr. Burman as the general manager/franchisee of this hotel property to protect the Country Hearth Inn brand. It may be hard for Mr. Burman to own/manage any hotel property with a privacy invasion charge on his record, anyway.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
8 Thank Andrew S
Plymouth, Wisconsin
Reviewed 28 July 2012

Our family had a terrible experience when staying there for a wedding.
The two people working behind the desk do not put the customers first - they told my sister in law that her card was declined but are too busy to call customers if the card gets declined. They were very rude to us as guests.
In general, this place is disgusting.
The man working behind the desk was peeping into one of our rooms when the door was propped open - WHAT A CREEP- and he said he had a right to peep because the door was slightly open and the girls were loud - THEY WERE WATCHING TV AND NOT EVEN TALKING.
They threatened to call the police on US when a complaint was issued.
I do not mind so much that the towels were really crappy and that our bathroom door was hard to close or that the coffee maker was broken - the part that makes me feel so angry and disgusted is that they were rude and invaded one of my family member's privacy.
These owners need to go.
DO NOT STAY HERE.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank 701Anonymous
SKBURMAN, Manager at Country Hearth Inn and Suites Lomira, responded to this review, 30 July 2012
The hotel management wants to make sure that sleeping guests are not disturbed in the night.
We try our best to keep things under control. The above mentioned comments from a guest are uncalled for. This guest was ignorant of all other guests who had paid to come and sleep in the hotel. He was slamming doors back and forth in the middle of night. There was too much noise coming from his room with doors left open. We tried to verbally calm them down. We were nice enough that we did not call 911 to kick them out. When things cross the line, we do step in to help them as well as other guests sleeping in the hotel.

Its hotel policy to not call on reservations made on declinded cards. We cannot guarantee reservations when a credit card is declined specially when the hotel is busy.

In reference to the coffee machine, the coffee machines used are the new sets which are single cup coffee machines with disposable brewing baskets!
Lansing, Illinois
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Upon reading some of the previous reviews, we were a little apprehensive in making our reservations for a family reunion weekend, but the location was perfect for all, so we decided to try it. We could not have been happier! Every person we met from the time we walked in the door was most pleasant, helpful, and accomodating to our entire party! On the first night, we kind of "took over" the lobby area as our personal gathering spot and the next night, enjoyed visiting on the outdoor patio. We are very happy that we chose this Inn and would not hesitate to stay again. Suri and his whole staff are to be commended!
The rooms were clean, neat and a nice size for the price.
Thank you all!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank linlansingil
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lomira
The Audubon Inn
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Waupun
Days Inn Fond du Lac
Days Inn Fond du Lac
#6 of 14 in Fond du Lac

Been to Country Hearth Inn and Suites Lomira? Share your experiences!