“A hidden treasure!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lyndon Station
River Bay Campground & Marina
Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

We made a last-minute decision to get a cabin for a night. After confirming our reservation we read some reviews that were concerning. We were more than pleased with our visit. Our adventure on the Princess Kay was the highlight of our visit. After that, we had dinner at the bar and grill onsite. The food was good and the staff was extremely friendly. After dinner we purchased firewood at the convenience store and enjoyed a fire. We didn't bring kids on this visit, but for the most part it seemed family friendly. We could hear the music at the bar from outside our cabin, but once inside we couldn't hear it at all. The cabin was modest but cute. The showers were fine and the water was warm enough. You got about 3-4 minutes for a quarter. Would have liked to be able to swim in the river onsite, but otherwise it was a great trip. Don't let the negative reviews scare you away!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank EmilyQuinny

Reviewed 24 August 2013

We arrived here at River Bay and the staff was just the best. Gave us information on different things to do in the area. We walked down by the river to take in the beauty of the river. The packers played and we went to the bar to watch. The staff was so friendly. Zack was a great bartender! Very fun!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2013

"Deluxe" cabins are very over-priced. "Deluxe"??!?!.....the bathrooms don't even have a sink!! They were VERY dirty with cobwebs, dust, dust bunnies and grime everywhere The silverware was dirty and sticky. The kids parks were littered with garbage and broken beer bottles. I had to complain TWICE before an attendant came to clean it up. The golf cart rentals are ridiculous! Kids ride them around all hours of the night. They are VERY disturbing! The dumpsters overflowed with garbage and it was everywhere. I've never seen that at any other campground. River Bay is AWFUL!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Jennifer S
Reviewed 13 July 2013

We locked in a last minute reservation at River Bay Campground, not having visited the Dells in over 10 years. The campground is located about 10-15 min from the Dells' downtown and is about 5 minutes further to the Chula Vista Waterpark (which was included with our 7-day stay). We arrived just before the 4th of July crowd and left a day after the crowd was gone.

Our kids (3, 9 & 11) enjoyed the refreshing pool and playground. With our camper trailer, we were fortunate to be located close to the campground and pool (and office) and far away from the bar & grill onsite. It seemed to play pretty loud music at night although we weren't bothered by it. And we didn't see any drunks (as some previous reviews mentioned) so that was a real plus!

We purchased our discounted Princess Kay Paddleboat tickets when making our reservations. We were under the impression that dinner was included but later found out that it was a "Cocktail Cruise" with ala carte items such as beverages, hotdogs, brats, pretzels and ice cream sundaes. There was karaoke, too, but I would've brought some games along to play with the kids or, perhaps, not gone on it at all. We were all pretty bored.

We used our 30 minutes of free Wi-Fi before purchasing a weeks' worth at $15. It stopped working the next day and we didn't get a receipt from internet company so we weren't sure who to contact. Frustrating...

We took advantage of our Chula Vista Waterpark passes several times. It was a pretty nice place, always crowded but with plenty of staff to keep an eye on everyone.

We loved the campground's Saturday night fireworks display! It kept going and going, so if you LOVE fireworks you'll love their show. Plus, everyone had the best seats in the house because it was right there in the campground.

I think the campground staff was helpful and being one of their busiest holidays, the staff took good care of us. They mentioned kicking some folks out for lighting fireworks off in the campground, too. The shower and bathrooms looked well kept.

We will probably stay at Mount Olympus next year as we envied their wave pool and tremendous waterpark, plus they had a nice fireworks display on the 4th as well. Overall, I think River Bay was a nice place to stay with a camper trailer.

Room Tip: Request a spot away from the bar & grill if you're tenting it. Music might be too loud into...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank PamelaStorySaver
Reviewed 20 September 2012

We stayed for 3 nights over Labor Day weekend. This is not a family campground. The campground has a Bar which DOES NOT abide by the quiet times as they have Bands. If you into partying all night this is the place for you.

As for our stay, I was woken up each night by partying into 4 am as were other campers around us. We/I did advise the front desk and they said they would look into it. It kept going on to the point where I went to the site of the party and they ingored me indicating that they paid for the site. Another neighboring campsite complained to them also (2 adults-2 kids) and 2 of them went to there site and started SCREAMIN at her at 3am.

I have asked numerous times for Rhonda to call me back - she has not called as of today. I don't think she exists. I am calling Chula Vista today to complain to them as they promote there waterpark. This is TOTALLY UNEXCEPTABLE. I am also calling the local Chamber of Commerce to voice my concerns as it may be a dangerous place to camp!!! with all the drunk folks.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank tzaak
Reviewed 6 September 2012

We spent labor day at the Campground in one of the rental units.
In the beginning when I made an online reservation for a less expensive rental unit, the email said my reservation was confirmed and someone would be contacting me. I didn't hear so I called. I was told "oh no, that unit was rented months ago" I then HAD to get a more expensive unit. Which was fine except the plastic on all the mattress's. I put a deposit down on the weekend and was told I could call and pay the balance at any time or it would be CASH upon arrival. I called the day before and the woman on the phone was so rude.. "No you can't do that, I am too busy you will have to pay cash." Ok, I understand she was busy. But then at check in it was the same person who didn't look you in the face, never smiled. The 25 cent showers were cold and weak. $2.50 for a 2 lb ice bag. The same unfriendly service upon check out, They couldn't care a less about our stay. In general very expensive and not worth the stay. Good thing the river was so beautiful. I believe We have stayed across the the river at another campground for half the price, more room and much friendlier service and where they don't demand cash. Shame on you River Bay.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Deb G
Reviewed 23 July 2012

I contacted Rhonda back in March of this year to talk about planning a sort of "rally" for our club of jet ski enthusiasts. At that time, I figured on 20 or 30 people attending. By the time of our event, which was held June 1-3, it had grown to about 85 people, but Rhonda and her staff handled it perfectly. We were all well-fed, food was GREAT, and she made sure that all of our needs were taken care of. We even held a charity raffle, and the folks at River Bay made sure to have lots of tables set up. Overall, we couldn't have been happier, as this was our first time for such an event, and we are already making plans to return in 2013, except with even more people. Rhonda really went out of her way to ask questions and to suggest things to make our event as fun and successful as possible. She even surprised us with a cake on Saturday night. I should also say that we had lots of disucssions in advance, so Rhonda made sure we all knew how the cash/credit card thing worked with them - so there were no surprises. From reading some of the other reviews, I can see why some people didn't maybe get what they expected, but this campground served our needs very well. This is a great campground if you want CLOSE and EASY access to a boat launch (yes, it's $5 to launch, which is no big deal compared to what it costs to use a boat these days), but the launch is RIGHT THERE. Also, the bar is RIGHT THERE, and Karaoke is big there, so expect some noise. This isn't a "buried in the middle of nowhere" camping deal. It's much more of a boating/eating/drinking kinda fun place, and everything is close - so you don't have to walk far to get to anything - but you're gonna hear things going on. If that's your cup of tea, book a vacation here, and have a blast. If it's not, you won't be as please as our group was. We WILL be back next year, and for years to come...

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Poolside1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lyndon Station
Best Western Ambassador Inn & Suites
Best Western Ambassador Inn & Su...
#4 of 75 in Wisconsin Dells
#2 of 23 in Wisconsin Dells
Yukon Trails RV & Camping Resort
Yukon Trails RV & Camping Resort
#1 of 4 in Lyndon Station

Been to River Bay Campground & Marina? Share your experiences!