“Never go Back”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lyndon Station
River Bay Campground & Marina
Reviewed 14 August 2009

Our site was right next to the Marina - People who going to dock their boat was very inconsiderate to the campers by parking on the side of the road on our campsite/VERY LOUD @ 5am ... Quiet time is suppose to be inforced till 8am . They woke the kids up with the loud trucks and boats and VERY LOUD TALKING!!! Dogs wasn't on leases /Showers was dirty----- We will never go back

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank outdoorscouple

Reviewed 16 July 2009

My family had reservations to camp at this resort for the 4th of July weekend and all I can say is don't make the same mistake we did. We ended up not staying at this campground and going to another campground in the Dells area. Where do I start. . . I made this reservation in May and we had never camped here before but the website made the campground look very nice. People do your research before you stay some place you have never been to before. We learned this the hard way. I should have known when I made the reservation that this was going to be a bad experience. The lady on the phone was very, very rude. They wanted the first nights rate down for deposit which was fine but she kept saying when you get here you owe us the rest and it needs to be in cash only. No checks, credit cards, or debit cards. Cash only. She promised me that because we have never camped there before I would get a really nice site near the pool. So I was really excited about our camping trip but when we arrived at the campground it was another story. I went into the office to check in and was turned off by how filthy the office and the general entrance to the campground was. Once again the lady at the counter was rude and made it very clear to me again they will only take cash. Against my better judgement I paid our balance and she told me what site we where at and than goes on to tell me that someone will escort us to our site so we make sure we are at the correct site. We camp a lot and never had to be escorted to our campsite. After waiting about 10 minutes for someone to take us to our site they stop at this tiny little site right between 2 tents on both sides of us. We camp in a pop up camper and there was no way there was enough space for our camper not to mention the fact our neighbors where right on top of us. We went back to the office and asked for another site they said all they had was primitive non electric and no water sites left and we could use one of those. We had already paid CASH for our water electric site. We drove through the campground once again and noticed several water/electric sites still vacant. They told us other campers where coming in and those where taken. My problem with this is they refuse to tell you what site you are at until you get to the campground so how would anyone know they gave us a different site. By this time almost a hour had passed and we had had enough. We told them to give us our money back and they refused saying no refunds unless they can rerent our site out to someone else. They told us to call the next day and they would let us know if they got the site rented out. We ended up leaving and staying at a awesome campground called Arrowhead campground and resort just down the road. The next morning we decided to drive back to River Bay to see for ourselves if they rented out our site and sure enough they did to another tenter. When my husband went back into the office they still would only give us back part of our money. The real kicker was that a couple of the water/electric sites that they said we could not use because other campers where coming in the night before where still sitting empty. Do yourself a favor and stay sway from this campground. It's filthy, the people are rude, and it's really not worth the trouble.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank momof2boys_7

Been to River Bay Campground & Marina? Share your experiences!