“Bakery to die for!!!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Seating
Kenosha, WI
“Bakery to die for!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2012

The first time we got bakery to go. Had a Cherry Cheese Danish, Cinnamon Roll, Blueberry Danish and a Magic Cookie Bar to share. Everything was so fresh.
The next time we ate there. There was 3 of us and we had a Mexican Skillet, Veg. Skillet (there was a name, I can't remember) and Steak and Eggs. It was good, nothing real special about it. I would go back and try the Corn Beef Hash (homemade)

Visited August 2012

Wisconsin
“Great Breakfasts”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2012

Wonderful breakfast place. The Mediterranean Omelet is excellent and the hash browns are very good. Worth stopping.

Memphis, Tennessee
“yum yum”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2012

super breakfast. Omlettes are huge- go ahead & share if you arent starving or a really big eater. The homemade baked goods are sooooo good & fresh. Love dropping in here when I am up for a good breakfast hospitable people & to chat with some of the regulars.Definately try the bueberry muffins & cranberry coffee cake

Visited July 2012
Rhinelander, Wisconsin
“OMG!!!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2011

Didn't really want to stop because we had already passed the big city of Minocqua & on trips past we had already been there when it was Michaels Parlor and it was absolutely horrible and overpriced. It was absolutely awesome this time as Sissy Loo's; total turn-around. We got to meet the new owners, very witty and charming, and had a blast with the waitress, even though they were extremely busy. Found out that they kept the same baker that has been through three of the former owner; didn't even know there had been more than one or two former owners. Needless to say that the pie we took home with us was fabulous. One thing I must say is that it did take a bit of time to get our food, but this was true even on previous trips too. They were busy on the day that we dined and people were waiting for tables. I had the Sissy Loo omellett and it was fantastic. Other people in my party had the pancakes, which were the bomb, and the bacon was to die for. Excellent coffee too. Well worth waiting for. Thank God someone saved Michaels Parlor!!

• Visited September 2011
4 Thank connie b
cincinnati, ohio
“The Only Game in Town - Almost”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2011

There are only three places to get breakfast in this wide spot in Hwy 51 North, 30 miles south of the Michigan-Wisconsin border, and the other 2 are limited. Formerly known as Michael's Parlor, the new owners, the Boss' started operation this year and websites are limited for information. He seems to work the kitchen and she the front room.
Location: East side of Hwy 51 just north of Townline Road alongside Up North gift shop, a pricey but nice place for souvenirs (see Google Maps, Manitowish Waters, as Michael's Parlor, its former name) on the south side of the bridge(the delineator) over the 10 lake chain that draws tourism here.
Hours: 6A M to 2 P.M.
Facility: A nice dining room with counter in the modern rustic manner. It also has a large screened in porch for dining outside which creates a nice ambiance. They market the porch for summer ice creme and drinks.
Food: Had a standard breakfast, portion good, taste good.
Bakery: Muffins, danish, don't remember seeing bread. Items appeared appetizing but were not sampled.
Price: As with everything in the area, prices were a dollar or two higher than expected per plate, yet, everything is above average here because: 1) everything has to be shipped in so higher cost, and 2) tourist based economy is always more expensive for owners to make a living.
Service: My waitress was a doll but should be in Texas now since her husband finally got a real job (good for them). The owner, however, offended my "customer sensiblity" when I tried to engage her in brief conversation to find out about the place, how they were doing, what they planned on doing with it - and got blown off big time with a smartaleck remark for my trouble. If this is how she plans on serving customers interested in the betterment of her enterprizes, I can spend my money elsewhere.
Overload: I went in for breakfast the day after Labor Day Monday - the place was packed.
Waitress said it was all the summer home owners who didn't want to fight the traffic jam on southbound 51 the previous day. Went in a couple days later for breakfast and the place was dead. I suspect that getting a seat during peak times is going to be problematic.

• Visited September 2011