“Comfy and worth paying a little more”

Holiday Inn Manitowoc
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Manitowoc
Reviewed 23 July 2008

We booked a different hotel and were dissapointed. The room smelled aweful and it was tiny. So we called Holiday inn which was a little more and they got us in. The room was nice and clean and smelled clean. Everything was comfortable and the staff was nice. We ate breakfast (kids ate free!!!) and the waitress was super nice and the food was good. We'd definately stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2008

Reviewed 22 July 2008

We were stopping for the evening with our 15 month old and needed a clean room for the evening. We got one. We even called ahead (at 1030p), and asked for a crib to be put in our room. They were so ready for us that we were able to get our son out of the car, up to our room, and into the crib in about 5 minutes and he didnt wake a bit.

The blackout curtains allowed all of us to sleep in, which was great for us parents.

There are plenty of breakfast options nearby, though the in-house coffee shop looked limited.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 May 2008

I don't know when I've had such a pleasant stay in a hotel. The staff was personable, yet extremely efficient. The rooms were well kept. If I were going to be in the area again, I would stay there without question. I would gladly suggest it to my friends.

Stayed: May 2008
Reviewed 12 October 2007

I travel about 50% for business. Booking this online, looked okay.

Rate for a "king suite" (I presumed with a microwave and fridge), 145.00 for a weeknight.

Requested non-smoking.

When walking up to my room my eyes watered from the strong smoke smell throughout the hotel. As I entered my room, smoke smell was gone, but it smelled moldy, like there was water damage or something.

If you are a non-smoker, you will notice the film in the non-smoking room I had from years of smokers. It is stil lthere, on the ceiling tiles, everything! Gross.

Since it was late at night at checkin I decided to stay rather than go from hotel to hotel looking for a better room.

Luckily the windows opened up (35 degress out), so I opened them up all night to get fresh air, and replace the nasty mold smell.

I had room service, food was good.

Sofa in room is something left over from a college dorm room. And is a twin size pullout.

No water in the vending areas

No breakfast included, must go to their rest. if you would like to eat breakfast there.

Wireless internet service has good signal, but data flow is intermittent.

Total bill for this room with breakfast will be about 165.00, definately not worth it. It should be priced more like a super 8 or something. More like a 69.00 room.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 September 2007

Very mediocre at best, for such an expensive/overpriced property. Our room was always half cleaned, trash that fell short of the waste can would not be picked up or swept, and I had to call and request clean towels and glasses several days in a row. Finally I complained bitterly to the manager, and we received fresh towels and glasses. Dirty, empty glasse were left in plain sight. The hotel was noisy, and for the price in such a small town, VERY overpriced and over rated. We shall not return. To be avoided!

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 July 2007

My room was clean, updated and quiet. Since I am a woman traveling alone. I felt safe which is important to me. There is a restaurant in the hotel but I walked to the Perkins next door so you do have food options without having to get in the car and drive. The internet access was good. The only drawback is that they did not provide any type of breakfast in the rate which is normal for Holiday Inn vs. Holiday Inn Express but as a Gold member I often get a coupon for breakfast which this hotel did not offer. Overall though I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 9 November 2005

My husband and I stayed in this hotel on a Saturday night before a Packers game, and there happened to be a wedding reception going on in the inner atrium of the hotel with a very loud band that played until 11:00 pm at night. The hotel gave us an interior-facing room right above where the band was playing (although you would think those rooms would have been filled with wedding guests). They had no other (external) rooms available, and they refused to give us a discount on rate of $147 per night, saying that "noise issues were out of their control."

Other than that, the hotel room itself was fine. I just objected to the fact the hotel refused to give us a discount, and would not recommend it on that basis - particularly on a Saturday night with a wedding reception going on.

• Stayed: October 2005
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manitowoc
Baymont Inn & Suites Manitowoc Lakefront
GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel - Sheboygan
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#6 of 6 in Manitowoc

Been to Holiday Inn Manitowoc? Share your experiences!