“Tired Property, excellent staff!”

Baymont Inn & Suites Manitowoc Lakefront
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Manitowoc
Reviewed 6 June 2013

My wife and I stayed for a night at the property and were really impressed with two front office staff. We arrived at a ridiculously late time of 3.30am in the morning due to a horribly delayed flight into O'Hare. The night receptionist was so helpful, she ensured we had an automatic late check out and gave us water. The morning receptionist was equally kind and helpful. The property is located at an excellent location on the shores of Lake Michigan. There is a large park nearby and plenty of excellent walks by the shore. The hotel is full of memorabilia relating to the history of Wisconsin and its relationship with the Lake. There is good sized swimming pool with a sooth hot tub. The hotel seems really family friendly so a good choice during school holidays.
The buildings and decor are tired and worn but the two staff really made our stay worthwhile. I would definitely stay here on a return visit.

Room Tip: Look for a room facing the Lake!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Mike S, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Manitowoc Lakefront, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2013

Thank you for your positive comments on our hotel and staff. We pride ourselves on customer service and I'm proud to be surrounded by such a committed staff. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again.

There are newer reviews for Baymont Inn & Suites Manitowoc Lakefront

Reviewed 9 May 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 27 April 2013

When my boss told me I would be spending a week in Manitowoc, I was a little concerned as I had never heard of the town. I am glad I went. The Best Western was a great host. The king room was very spacious and at a great price. Breakfast was what I am getting used to for a buffett style, complimentary breakfast. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The views of the lake are an added bonus. The hotel is within walking distance to some great resturaunts. Well done BW!

Room Tip: Bar only serves hot dogs
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your nice comments about our hotel. We are very glad you enjoyed your stay with us and I will personally bring it to the attention of our staff. Thank you for your business.

Reviewed 13 April 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 8 April 2013

We were in town for a wedding and stayed 2 nights at this hotel. We couldn't have been happier with our stay! The staff is truly amazing. We felt so welcomed, and it actually felt like being at home. We stayed in a one bedroom suite, which was huge and had a gorgeous view of the lake. The cleaning staff is top-notch and the beds were very comfortable. The breakfast was good and we were thrilled with the warm water temperature in the pool. My one year old daughter loved it and was able to splash around for much longer than she usually can in hotel pools. We will be back again simply for the hotel! We'll find things to do in Manitowoc in order to have such a fantastic stay again. Thank you, especially to the incredible staff at this hotel!

Room Tip: The one bedroom suites are really worth the additional money if you have a family. They are the big...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Emily A

I would like to say thank you for your kind remarks about our property. I will be sure to share this information with our hotel staff and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 31 March 2013

This was my first stay at this motel, although my wife had stayed here before and felt it was superior to several other local motels we have visited in the past.
Our check-in process was smooth, and we asked for a ground floor pet friendly room near the far outside entrance for ease of walking our pups. The room was clean and included a small fridge, but no microwave. There were two small double beds, but I would imagine there were rooms available with queen and king sized beds had we not been so concerned with puppy convenience.
The room was clean and tidy, and had a unique angled shape that allowed the window to display a great view the waterfront.
The lounge area is nice, the pool appeared to be decent (although we didn't make use of it), and the breakfast was simple but good. As an added bonus, the breakfast dining area offered great views of the harbor and lake.
There is no exercise equipment onsite, but the YMCA is next door and I believe it is available for use by motel patrons.
The housekeeping service was very good, and the staff in general was outstanding.
This is an older building with an interesting floor plan, but it is clean and has enjoyed numerous updates, so we would certainly recommend this property to friends and relatives.

Room Tip: The double beds are rather small, so we will ask for a queen or king room next time.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Mike S, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Manitowoc Lakefront, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2013

Thanks for your complimentary comments concerning your stay with us. Yes...we provide access to the Next Door YMCA at no charge to our guests, in place of a limited on-site workout health facility.

Reviewed 12 March 2013

Great staff handled my reservation very well. The location next to Lake Michigan is beautiful.
I had requested tax exempt rate and staff called me and took care of this need expediently.

I will return

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Mike S, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Manitowoc Lakefront, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2013

I am very pleased the staff took care of your requests during your stay.

Thanks for reminding us of the beauty of Lake Michigan and the Manitowoc area...sometimes we forget how lucky we are to live here.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Manitowoc
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Manitowoc
#6 of 6 in Manitowoc
Harbor Town Inn
Harbor Town Inn
#4 of 6 in Manitowoc

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Manitowoc Lakefront? Share your experiences!