“A Great Deal”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Manitowoc
Reviewed 23 June 2012

We booked our reservation 7 months in advance, and the hotel staff was amazed at the discount we received! Polite staff, comfortable room, LOVE that they allow pets, with a reasonable pet policy!!! Breakfast was great. The only negative I have is that the parking was sparse due to resurfacing (the staff apologized PROFUSELY for that!) and the grass is limited and not especially close. But, still a great stay!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Lori M
There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge

Reviewed 3 June 2012

What started out the be a great night ended up to be a nightmare. We came in from San Diego Me and my fiance are in the military and were visiting out families. We stay at the Econo lodge cause it was cheap and non of our family had extra room. Check in went good. But the place it self was very date from soda machines snack machine and locks on doors. We got ready to go out with some friends that were coming in from out of town. We got back around 230. Our friend had reserved a room there and needed to check in so we went to the front counter and tried to check in. Our friend had been drinking and is a silly drunk. Not rude or mean my any means he was making a few jokes but not loud or anything. The owner was the cashier and had told our friend he was not welcome and he canceled his reservation. He got mad and they exchanged words and he left. We tried to reason with the owner explaining that he had no car and no place to go we could not give him a ride cause we were drinking. the owner told us that we had to leave even thought we were already charged for the room. We told him we were ot leaving not was 300 am and he had our money. There was an air show in town and there were no other reasonable places to stay. He called the cops on us. The cops came and made us leave pack all of our stuff at 300 in the morning. We stood outside for an hour until, we found a friend to pick us up and let us stay the night. If I could give them 0 stars I would. I had to create there business on yelp to write this review. There are a few others places in town that are just as cheap and are a lot nicer. I will be contacting there chain owner and the better business buro

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Steven D
Reviewed 20 July 2011

People need to realize that this is not the Hyatt, that's why they call it EconoLodge. If you want a 5 star hotel you'll need to check in at the aforementioned establishment.
The rates advertise as $60/night but the check in person offered me $50/night, which I thought was really nice.
Yes, there is a topless bar around the corner, in conjuction with a police station even closer, so go figure.
It was pretty hot and humid, and the A/C worked excellent, stayed very nice and cool. Ice machines worked fine, pop and snack machines. Cable tv, internet access worked in a snap, room has microwave, refrigerator, walk-in shower, coffee maker and dryer.
The hotel could do some improvement in cleaning and needs to do some remodeling, this would greatly improve the success of this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for deals
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank traveler122165
Reviewed 12 July 2011

I ended up in Manitowoc that night. Well, there is not so much choice and at least tehy offer free WIFI and the room was more or less clean. Bizarre Motel atmosphere. Hilarious Breakfast. For solo travelers a interesting expereince. Dont go there with your girl friend.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank Holgomat
Reviewed 1 June 2011

I made my reservation on the Morning of Memorial Day Holiday, and was unable to get an accessible room. The Shower did not have any railings to hold on to, and I was afraid of Falling. ALSO the ice machine is on the 2ND FLOOR. The stairs are fairly steep with no extension on the railing to make sure you exited the stairs safely.
AND a very sparse Continental Breakfast. No Pastries, or eggs of any sort. Fruit, cereal and waffles you have to make yourself were the only items available.
Well, those are the negatives. 2 Nights for $100. Can't Beat that.
I found the adjacent Chinese Buffet quite good. The Econo Lodge staff is very friendly. One review said the econo Lodge shares a Parking area with a strip club. That is noty true. The Parking area is clearly marked for Econo Lodge customers only. There is also a fence that separates the Parking lot from other businesses. AND there is a sign that indicates where to turn in off Washington Street for the Econo Lodge. Just off the Parking is a Bar/Restaurant called something like Larry's Legends that has some of the bext Boneless Chicken wings that I have ever tasted.
All in all this a decent, economicakl place to stay in downtown Manitowoc.

Room Tip: If you need an accessible room make sure you get g
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Bobbyc1938
Reviewed 21 February 2011

My boyfriend and I booked a room here after my birthday. The location is kind of sketchy, since it is In the ghetto, and next to a strip club, as well as being connected to a sketchy little Asian buffett. The room was clean, but the bathroom was kind of gross. The bathroom door would stick everytime it would be used, I was scared for my life that I would be trapped!! We had a decent amount of privacy. But our room was on the first floor as well as connected to the natural gas line, so say some drunk was booze cruising and hit that, we would for sure be goners. The staff was a little slow, but otherwise it wasnt too bad for what was paid.

• Stayed: February 2011
2  Thank AS8894
Reviewed 1 September 2010

Do to a reservation mixup, that was probably my doing, I stayed at this hotel during a national golf tournament. Unfortunately, I had no other choice but to stay 4 nights! The hotel is very dirty and not well maintained. The small room for breakfast was not adequate for the number of guests and management was very slow to replenish breakfast items when they ran out. I do not believe that the room was vacuumed my entire stay nor were the sheets replaced. The hotel parking lot is shared with a Gentlemen's Club and if you arrive in the parking lot later at night you can run into some questionable people. Stay somewhere else!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank denles_10
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manitowoc
Baymont Inn & Suites Manitowoc Lakefront
#3 of 6 in Manitowoc
Harbor Town Inn
Harbor Town Inn
#4 of 6 in Manitowoc

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!