“Great staff and clean hotel”

Quality Inn Manitowoc
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Manitowoc
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Great staff and clean hotel”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

When we checked in the front desk lady Danielle was a very nice and greeted us made us feel like we were really welcomed unlike a few places I have stayed. We got our rooms and our air conditioner was not working right and right away they gave us a new room and it was a upgrade. Which was a surprise I just wanted someone to check it for us but she insisted we get a different room. Both rooms were every clean and she even checked on us to make sure we were ok with everything. The breakfast area was very clean the food was the typical hotel Continental food. Over all I will stay the again thank you for making us feel welcome.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Orion, Michigan
Reviewed 2 June 2013

I stayed here for a week while working in the area. First off, this hotel is two stories but has no elevator. If stairs are a problem for you, make sure to request a room on the first floor. The first three days I was there, I would come back to my room to find out that my room key no longer opened the door. My room was just above the center lobby, so it was a walk back to the end of the hotel where the stairways were located and then back to the lobby, wait while they reprogram the key and listen to the clerk tell me that this happens all of the time, and then walk all of the way back upstairs to my room.

The breakfast was mediocre and two of the days, the waffle iron was not working. I ended up going to a restaurant for breakfast several times even though I had a free breakfast at the hotel.

They also charge you $1.50 a day for the room safe, even though it was not large enough to hold a standard 15" laptop and so I never used it.

If you are planning to stay for just one night, this is a good option, but for an extended stay, it is not worth the slight savings over the other hotels in the area.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank OrionTraveler
Wisconsin
Reviewed 28 January 2013

We stayed here for a Family Gathering in Manitowoc. The hotel was under remodelling, but it was kept very clean! The front desk staff, especially Danielle was great. Some checked in late and there was a problem with a smoke detector, they were given a new room immediately. The rooms were very clean and spacious! Breakfast was great! We will definately stay again!

Room Tip: We had room right across from the front door and it was quiet. Any room would be great!
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
River Falls, Wisconsin
Reviewed 4 August 2012

My husband, son, and I wanted a place to just sleep between getting in late on the car ferry and hitting the road the next morning. I had checked out our choices online ahead of time and reserved a room at this hotel. We found the hotel to be very clean and quiet. While the bedding and towels are not of the quality you will find at more expensive hotels, these were adequate--and we willingly sacrifice in this regard for cleanliness and quiet! The room was very stuffy when we arrived, but this was eventually remedied by the A/C. One other complaint is that this hotel automatically adds a $1.50 charge to your bill for an in-room safe. When we checked in the desk clerk said the charge would be waived, but the receipt at our door in the morning showed we were charged for it which necessitated a trip to the desk. A small thing, but very annoying.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank ScrappyWisconsin
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 22 July 2012

I was in town on business for seven days in July. Front desk staff was great, very accommodating. I was in a king room right across from the ice machine. It was a bit loud but not unbearable. Breakfast was reasonable. Room was spotless and cleaned daily. Highly recommend for a budget-conscious stay. Only thing missing is laundry on site.

Room Tip: 115 is right at the vending area and front corridor. A bit noisy.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 29 June 2012

Stayed at this hotel with my dog for a local kennel club event in the area. The ladies at the front desk were really helpful with local directions, restaurant recommendations, etc. My dog even took a particular liking to one of the ladies and looked for her every time we walked past the front desk.

The room was mostly clean, but the furnishings were a bit tired and dated. The fridge worked well and was a good size for all of our items. Beds were comfortable. There was some blackmold on either end of the handle in the tub/shower, which I reported to management in its survey (no response).

Breakfast was good - even offered hot scrambled eggs and sausage. Cookies were offered in the evening.

There was a good bit of greenspace to walk a dog at this hotel or at the Holiday Inn next door. As a side note, the Holiday Inn next door was about $40 more per night than the Comfort Inn at the time I made my reservation.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank georgian08
, General Manager at Quality Inn Manitowoc, responded to this review, 1 July 2012
Hello,

Thank you for your response on trip advisor. We are happy you enjoyed your stay. We wish you all the best, please stop by again soon.

Thank you!
Amy Farr
Manitowoc Comfort Inn
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 15 June 2012

The furniture in the room is looking a bit dated, but everything works fine. And its clean.

Rooms come with a fridge and microwave, coffee pot and hair dryer. Room with 2 beds is a bit tight. $25 one time fee for having a dog.

No laundry room. Workout room had bike, rower, treadmill, some dumbell weights and a weight bench.

Breakfast is great. Flavored Creamer. Hot scrambled egg, sausage, and microwave Bacon. Yogurt, fruit. Hard boiled eggs, toast, English muffins, muffins, bagle, cereal. Cookies at night.

Was cheaper than the holiday inn next door, and has breakfast. Good deal.

• Stayed June 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manitowoc
Baymont Inn & Suites Manitowoc Lakefront
#1 of 4 in Two Rivers
La Quinta Inn Sheboygan
La Quinta Inn Sheboygan
#5 of 11 in Sheboygan

Been to Quality Inn Manitowoc? Share your experiences!