“Decent food, awful beer”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Courthouse Pub

Courthouse Pub
Ranked #1 of 105 Restaurants in Manitowoc
Price range: US$8 - US$36
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Welcome to the Courthouse Pub. Located in Historic Downtown Manitowoc, at the corner of Eighth and Washington across from the Courthouse in City Center, we provide fine dining in a comfortable Pub environment. Open Monday through Saturday from 11:00 AM - 9:00 PM, the Pub offers a selection of hand-crafted appetizers, luncheon salads and sandwiches, and a full dinner menu. Our menus highlight gluten-free items, as well as vegetarian entrees, and sized-right entrees -- a smaller portion at a lower price. Courthouse Pub is also a microbrewery, brewing craft beers each month for your enjoyment. Some are seasonal, some are guest favorites. We also offer some of the finest wines in Wisconsin with a Wine Program recognized since 2002 by Wine Spectator Magazine's Award of Excellence. Whether it's an intimate dinner for two, a celebration with one-hundred friends, the Courthouse Pub's staff is equipped to handle your event with quality service and an attention to detail that has become the hallmark of our restaurant. We believe eating out should be fun and satisfying, and we try our best every day to bring that experience to our guest. We invite you, your friends and family to join us at Courthouse Pub tonight for a one-of-a kind dining experience.
Traverse City, Michigan
“Decent food, awful beer”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

My wife and I stopped in for a late lunch after arriving on the ferry from Ludington.

The food was decent, but not great (except for the poutine--which was very tasty), the beers, well, we had the sample flight which had four house beers, one house root beer, and one "guest brew." The root beer was fine, the guest brew "Java Lava" quite good, but the four house beers were devoid of any real flavor.

Service was overly friendly (the waitress was Disney-perky).

All in all, there's little reason to return, other than, perhaps for the poutine--complete with cheese curds.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank MongoSchwartz

Trussville, Alabama
“Business Trip - Passing Through”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

I had a pasta dish with chicken that was very good, good wine list and some nice micro brews. A traveling companion had the White Fish and loved it. Loved the sides, had a comfortable dining table and the room was good for conversation. We had a larger party sitting next to us and even with a high volume of conversation at their table we weren't annoyed or inconvenienced.

If ever in this area I would go back, that is about the best compliment I can give any restaurant.

• Visited May 2014
Milton, Wisconsin
“My Dad's 80th Birthday Lunch!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

I had made reservations & asked for a cake to celebrate! We were pleasantly surprised that desert is "free" on Wednesdays! I called the day of our reservation & told them we were running late...we had driven up from Janesville that morning & Milwaukee traffic was challanging... "no problem" they said. OUr waitress was very attentive & gave very good service. They do have the gluten free options marked with a special emblem, so thank you for being aware of gluten free & willing to adapt menu items. My Udi's hamburger bun seemed a little tough, so not sure if it was defrosted that day or just a little "old", but ended up not eating it....Everyone else enjoyed their meals! The staff came over & sang "Happy Birthday" to my dad & put a candle in his cupcake! It was a fun lunch & all of us enjoyed it! We look forward to our next visit!

• Visited April 2014
Manitowoc, Wisconsin
“Never disappointed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

One of my favorite to go places in Manitowoc! I always get the salmon and a cup of their chicken chili, it's some of the best around and my husband loves their burgers.....drinks are alway good but can be a wallet buster. The staff is always pleasant and more often than not you will be enlightened with a visit from the owner John. When my husband says he's taking me to the "Pub" I never turn down that offer.

• Visited February 2014
Manitowoc, Wisconsin
“Nice but price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

Nice apecial occasion place, lunch menu is resonably priced. Dinner is a little expensive for the size of entrees

• Visited February 2014