“Authentic Mexican Flavors!”

La Carreta Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #28 of 108 Restaurants in Manitowoc
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 16 July 2014

This is one of our favorite restaurants in town (we're even going for dinner tonight!). The flavors are bold, the portions are huge, and the prices are reasonable! The margaritas are good, but they are pre-mixed so they are a little syrupy; still, that's never stopped me from ordering one!

1  Thank Kim_Plautz
There are newer reviews for La Carreta Mexican Restaurant

Reviewed 6 July 2014

My husband & I visited here in a Sunday afternoon. Our server was friendly & attentive. The food was tasty, although not the freshest Mexican cuisine I've ever had. The atmosphere was festive and appeared clean. Prices were a little steep, but not unreasonable.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

The food tastes a bit on the bland side. All it would take is a bit of salt.
Now to the value. My wife and I each ordered a 4 enchilada dinner. They were tasty but as thin as paper. Not much filling at all. And for a 10 dollar price tag per dinner it was so not worth it. We both left hungry and went to a drive through.

1  Thank BobReagan
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

My second favorite Mexican place is in a suburb of Chicago (and has been run by a family from Mexico for 40 years). My absolute favorite place for Mexican food is La Caretta. And to discover it in Manitiwoc, WI ( of all places ) just makes it that much better. Again, I read a few negative reviews and I have to wonder since, in my experience, visiting a couple of times a month, this place has been 100% GREAT every time! And that includes them being willing to create custom dishes for me. Fast, large, tasty and at a good price: seriously, who could possibly ask for more? And in MANITOWOC, for crying-out-loud!

The place is great (I wish I could go more often!) Ignore the naysayers, this place is OUTSTANDING!

2  Thank GoneOffTheGrid
Reviewed 11 January 2014

We dine here fairly often and to be honest, I cannot think of a time when we had a bad experience.

The ambience is festive with colorful pennant strings hanging from the ceiling, a lit fireplace, and of course, Mexican music.

The menu is wide and varied; the staff nice and friendly; and the food is delicious. Upon seating you are given a basket of warm tortilla chips with salsa that seems freshly made.

Another plus is they that participate in restaurant.com coupons, a value indeed.