“Best value in Manitowoc”

WestPort Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Manitowoc B&B and Inns
Bloomington, Illinois
“Best value in Manitowoc”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Our stay at the Westport B&B was fabulous. If you enjoy a quiet setting, a comfortable bed and an amazing breakfast, all at a reasonable price, this place is for you. The location is within walking distance to the lakeside bike trail, the farmers market, the Maritime Museum and several downtown restaurants. The rooms have air conditioners but they are not needed when there is a good breeze coming off the lake. We will be back.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tony C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We were able to relax and enjoy some quiet time in a house that reminds you of grandma's. The breakfast was more than we expected. A fellow guest that we met at breakfast said that on her first day she ate the fruit that was brought to her and went back to her room. The owner then told her that her breakfast was ready, the fruit plate seemed like enough, then the pancakes with berries, bacon and sausage were served. Besides the breakfast there are snacks and drinks in the mini fridge in the room that are complimentary. If we are in the area again, we would welcome the opportunity to stay at the Westport again.

Room Tip: They all look good, pick the one that has the features that you want. We choose Bess's because...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Yardley, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 31 May 2014

The Westport B & B offers a wonderful stay. The innkeepers Jan and Paul provided so much more than I expected. As I entered, the soft piano music was soothing and the coffee, tea and cookies provided immediate pleasure. Each room. (I took peeks at the empty rooms.) is uniquely and tastefully decorated. Some of the items are for sale; I bought a hat that has brought me the most compliments in years.
AND BREAKFAST!!! It was elegant, scrumptious and so plentiful it filled me up till dinner.
My stay was like the best visits to my grandmother as a child; full of warmth, comfort, delicious special meals - a place where I always felt welcomed.
I will return!!
Mary Lou

Room Tip: Their website provides accurate pictures and descriptions Also, peruse their specials for some tips...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Sheboygan, United States
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We spent two nights at West Port as a quick getaway ... from the kids! We live just 15 minutes away and wanted somewhere nearby so I found West Port online -- far enough to distance us from our familiar town, but close enough to not be an obnoxious drive.

From our room, to the plentiful breakfasts, to the piano music, to the comfortable parlor, to the coffee and cookies available 24/7 -- West Port Bed and Breakfast was the most "complete" inn in which we have ever stayed.

As someone else had written previously, I too had a difficult time tolerating the strong scent throughout the building. It definitely smelled good, but since I suffer from several chronic respiratory problems I found it to be overwhelming and challenging for me.

That being said, we will definitely be looking forward to another quick getaway weekend at West Port (I'll just bring an inhaler next time!).

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mollie M
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I stayed at the WestPort B&B nearly 6 months ago on my honeymoon. It was such a wonderful stay and quite often when I long to get away from the stress of everyday life and relax with my husband my mind is brought back to the beautifully peaceful stay we had here. I will be returning as soon and as often as possible!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Grandma's Suite which was fantastic and spacious but we're looking forward...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Samantha J
Pen Argyl, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 November 2013

My husband and I travel through Manitowoc rather often--usually with kids in tow. Recently, we came to town without our children and discovered WestPort. We had been driving all day and were delighted to settle in and relax. Paul was helpful and accommodating, and we enjoyed our chats with him. His perfect suggestion for dinner--The Courthouse Pub--was an easy walk and a lot of fun. The only thing that I would mention--and this was just me, did not affect my husband--is the strong fragrance that permeates the atmosphere. I am just particularly sensitive to scent, so that minor piece was a challenge. Even so, we look forward to spending more time at WestPort in the coming years.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank anniebetty
Brooklyn, New York, United States
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We stayed for one night and were very pleased with our stay. Our room (Grandma's) was spacious and well decorated. The house was beautiful and it was clear that there was a lot of care taken in maintaining it. Breakfast was delicious. Delicious, complimentary snacks and drinks were available in our room, which was a nice touch as well. Highly recommend if you are in the area.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Erich B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manitowoc
Baymont Inn & Suites Manitowoc Lakefront
#6 of 6 in Manitowoc
Holiday Inn Manitowoc
Holiday Inn Manitowoc
#3 of 6 in Manitowoc

Been to WestPort Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!