“Unexpected Pleasant Surprise”

Baymont Inn & Suites Marinette
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Marinette
Reviewed 25 September 2013

After spending over 8 hours in the car we made an unexpected stop in Marinette to spend the night. First tried to stay at a nearby hotel, but they were booked. After contemplating another 3 hours in the car, we decided to stay here. From the friendly front desk clerk who went out of her way to accommodate us, to the comfortable, clean room, to the free breakfast, we were pleasantly surprised. The beds were firm but comfortable. We had a room on the parking lot side, and did not hear the train. When we are back in this area, I will not stop at the nearby hotel, but will choose to stay here instead.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Judy G
Karla M, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Marinette, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

Dear Faith,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out our online survey with Trip Advisor , and with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

Room smelled like wet dog. Sheets were stained with hair and crumbs all over them. Looks like were never cleaned. Upon checking out they gave us $10 off our room and made it seem like it was our fault the room was gross. Don't stay here unless last option possible. One word= Terrible.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Grace A
Karla M, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Marinette, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Trip Advisor Review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Please feel free to call me directly to address the situation at hand. I would like to ensure you that your opinion matters and I would like to hear more regarding the incident.

I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with superior experience.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

We stayed at the Comfort Inn while in vacation to visit family in the area. Overall the hotel is not bad but definitely has its areas that need improving. The free breakfast that they serve there was not along the lines that I have received at some of the other Comfort Inns that i have stayed at. It was very generic and of the three nights that we stayed there we only had it the first morning. The room was spacious but the room, along with the bathroom had this unusual odor. It was faint and it couldn't be smelled all the time but it was there. It seems that everyone has forgotten to mention the train that goes by the hotel two tot three times a night. Like I said, overall its not thats bad but I can safely say that when I stay in town again it will not be at this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Karla M, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Marinette, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Dear Anthony,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor Review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

Stayed midweek one night while on the road. Price was a little higher than I wanted to pay for a night on the road, but it looked cleaner than other places in area. Room was recently remodeled and furnished nicely. I needed to sleep in and so I did not eat the breakfast. When I arrived and walked in for a room, I was greeted by a friendly desk person and a trail mix bar and bottle of water for being a rewards member. She also called the room half an hour after my arrival to make sure all was well. Train tracks are nearby but I am used to that at home, so the noise didn't bother me. The hotel interior seems average, but the rooms are surprisingly very good. Comfortable bed, clean facilities.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Karla M, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Marinette, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete a trip advisor review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

We stayed here on short notice and took the room due to lack of rooms elsewhere. We didn't expect much, but were pleased that it exceeded our expectations. The hotel is not much as far as esthetics go and the location is okay but not great. There's a railroad track next to it and the area is safe enough, but just not much 'pizazz'. There are several places to eat nearby and the free breakfast at the hotel suited our needs just fine.

The room was clean and the bed (a king size) was comfy, although the hallways had an odor that was not pleasant (thankfully the room smelled fine). Front desk personnel were very helpful and the morning breakfast staff was courteous and helpful. Parking was limited, but well lit. The hotel is very convenient to the highway and easy to find.

We would stay here again.

Room Tip: There's a great Italian restaurant down the road called 'Three Brothers'. The pizza was...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Larry D
Karla M, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Marinette, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a trip advisor review with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 15 August 2013

This hotel is adequate....nothing special, but nothing wrong. Room was clean, breakfast was decent and I'd select it again if traveling in this area. I've stayed here on two occasions. It's located just off highway 41, so the location is easily reached.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Holldoll
Karla M, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Marinette, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete the Trip Advisor Review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

Was on the way to the UP and booked a room here to split the driving. It was $59 mid-week with AAA. Not the Hilton but clean, comfortable, and continental breakfast. Was actually quiet for being right on the highway.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Karla M, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Marinette, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2013

Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Marinette
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Marinette, WI
#2 of 2 in Crivitz
Marinette Inn
Marinette Inn
#5 of 7 in Marinette

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Marinette? Share your experiences!