“Baymont stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Marinette
Marinette
“Baymont stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

The hotel was clean and gad a good breakfast. The bad was its location being right next to a freight train track.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Marinette
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Room was nice. The bed was comfortable,good pillows.The only problem was the noise from the traffic outside.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

We were traveling through and needed a quick stay before continuing on to our destination. The rate was decent and room just fine. No complaints. The free breakfast was really good with several options. The staff were very friendly, the evening receptionist recommended a nice local restaurant and the morning receptionist chatted with us as we ate breakfast.

The only item is the location, while convenient to the mall and easily found from the highway is right along a rail road line. I do not recall being awaken in the early morning- so no distraction.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Anoka, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

Stayed here on a Sunday night. Front desk staff was friendly and helpful. Room was clean and comfortable. Good value for price. Free breakfast had cereal, muffins, waffles, eggs, sausage patties, etc. In the morning, I couldn't get on the free Internet (due to storm). I called the front desk and the man answering the phone didn't seem to know what to do. However, within 5-10 minutes, he called my room to tell me the Internet was working again. When I have had issues before at other hotels with things that don't work, sometimes hotel staff shrug their shoulders and do nothing. Not here. This hotel staff genuinely were interested in making my stay comfortable. I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

I used to stay here all the time, when in town to visit family. Kim (who was at the desk) took care of everything! After last stay, never again! It appears to be under new management. First I went through HELL because that told me BOTH credit cards I tried to use were declined. This was a holiday so of course, no one at my bank could confirm even though I KNEW the account had more than enough funds.
The guy who took care of us could have cared less! The whole time, he was busy on this cell phone talking in a foreign language while we "bothered" him. Finally they gave us the room and determine they would try the card later. So, after spending a half hour waiting..we finally go the room. The place smelled like cooking (curry??) An old man and lady were going down the hall to clean (new manager mom & pop)? The feel of the place was a bit creepy!
They did not give us our AAA discount or our AARP discount!! Last time there. We found a much nicer place down the road at the same price. Now, when I go home, at least I can stay at a place that values its customers.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Marinette hotels

Hurley, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

I would assume this property was once a Comfort Inn because the room guide that was placed in my room said, "Comfort Inn" on the cover. The plastic room entry keys also said Comfort Inn. I am not sure if that is anything but just poor planning by the ownership. It really did not bother me and I probably would not have noticed but I did a double take when I checked into my room and saw the Comfort Inn room guide.

Here is what means the most to me... I walked through the front door and I was met with a smile. Check in took less than a minute and the front desk attend was very friendly. Next, I go down the room and it is clean. There is a big screen/flat screen TV, a very large bathroom, five pillows, a business desk for me to work at, plenty of outlets, and the decor was professional. This is what means the most to me. It is like working and sleeping at home and this is so important to a business traveler.

I was happy that the internet worked well, there was an exercise room, and the hallways were clean. I travel a great deal and small things like I just mentioned mean so much. This property did a great job of meeting my needs. I read some of the other reviews prior to making my reservation and the only thing that I can say is that if you want a Ritz, stay at one. If you want a decent place to stay that is clean and affordable, I would not have a problem staying here.

There is actually a rail road track next to the property and I did not hear anything. I read this in another review. I am not sure how often the train come by or how loud it is but I had nothing to complain about during my stay. To sum things up, I would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: If you are a business person, you may want to ask for a first floor room that is close to an exit...