“Victorian w/Funk!”

Lauerman Guest House Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Marinette
Lauerman Guest House Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Marinette B&B and Inns
Davenport, Iowa
“Victorian w/Funk!”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

What a relief - a beautifully restored Victorian mansion that isn't all flowers and lace. This place is CLEAN, filled with period antiques, original woodwork and windows, well kept yard and porches, antique fixtures but jazzed up with art deco-style pieces, rugs and lamps, splashes of color! Heidi, the innkeeper was energetic and enthusiastic, warmly greeting us, giving us helpful ideas on where to eat and bike. She provided us with all the information we needed to be responsible guests. We totally enjoyed our stay and highly recommend it to anyone in the area, actually, we'd say "Go out of your way to stay there" it's that nice!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Fort Worth, TX
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I stayed at the inn the last two nights on business. I have had TERRIBLE experiences at every chain hotel in this area in the past year and was anxious to arrive somewhere decent. I was not disappointed. The staff member made a point to make a fire for me prior to leaving for the evening (both evenings) and took me on a tour of the home. It was decorated beautifully for Christmas and was a peaceful place to return to after the business day. My room was nice, however, I was the only guest for my two evenings. I think I may have felt a tad more comfortable having someone else there (a guest or the proprietor). Other than that, I will be back! I loved my stay so much, my trip was extended and I am staying at the sister property.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Bokeelia, Florida
Reviewed 4 August 2013

This guesthouse is actually one of two that the owner, Jean, has. We made the mistake of taking a room at her other property in Marinette. I say mistake because while it is a couple of blocks to downtown there is mostly just closed business's downtown. In addition, the area is not a place I would feel safe walking around after dark.
We arrive at the B & B and no one was around ---- had to call and wait for someone to check us in. If we had not prepaid the night months in advance we would have left. The curb appeal of the B & B leaves a lot to be desired ---- not well kept at all--- needs lots of TLC.
Luckily, the interior was better. The main problems were : The room itself needed a good cleaning --- dusty. The bathroom had a dirty mat ----- and the toilet had a dark ring. Someone hit the high spots but the space needs much more. The worse part of the bathroom were the drains by the time I finished my shower I was standing in 6 inches of water ---- no staff ---- who's going to take care of the problem.
The B & B had a martini lounge on the first floor but the lady who checked us in told us that we wouldn't be bothered by the music. I can tell she has never stayed overnight. The music was very loud ---- they did turn it down one time. Then it kept getting louder and louder along with the people in the lounge until 2am. Unless you want to stay up and party this is not the place to be.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Diane N
Rockford, Illinois
Reviewed 9 January 2013

We were told of what was going on for New Year and decided to return. They had a dinner that was second to none. Being we drove the 260 miles that day, we stayed there overnight. As in the last post, it was so nice to be back that soon. There are two B&B's that Jean owns and I can't say enough about them. For something off the beaten path, I would say try this one sometime.

Room Tip: If winter, the room with the fireplace?
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 7 November 2012

We were on our way to Green Bay for a football game, and decided to stay north of the city instead of down south in Appleton. We are glad that we did. The Lauerman is a great old building with wonderfull staff and Jean is a delightfull host. We were lucky enought to be there on the night of the staff Halloween party...Jean makes a very sexy Little Bo Peep!!! We were meet at the door by Madame Madussa....Fortunately no one turned to stone!!! The only draw back is the train tracks that go by the side of the property....One train around Midnite and then another at about 6am.....But aside from that well worth the price and the restaurant is first class all the way....

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Newport, Oregon
Reviewed 1 October 2012

I've stayed at The Lauerman House several times over the past year when traveling to Marinette for business. The staff has always been pleasant and the restaurant has always served outstanding dinners. Breakfasts are good, though sometimes are obviously reheated from an earlier day. As a semi-regular guest, I don't need the personal attention of a host on duty, but I could see that being annoying to a new visitor. I'm happy to just know where my room key is and let myself in. The rooms are all unique and comfortable, with some quirky decor and color schemes. Overall, always an enjoyable stay and worth the few extra dollars to avoid staying at a drab chain hotel down the street.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Mount Horeb, Wisconsin
Reviewed 13 September 2012

We never met Jean Moore, never felt "welcomed" (as we have with the many B & B's we've experienced), and would never classify the house as "charming" for it has an eclectic sampling of contemporary furniture that doesn't fit at all into the majestic building. We were not told when we made the reservation that a wedding rehearsal dinner would be held in the restaurant -- had we known that, we probably would've opted to travel on and return at a different time. It was a boisterous crowd and we had no way to leave except to walk through the wedding guests (!) so we stayed in our room. After 45 minutes, we called to complain and the woman in charge was indignant, defensive and not at all apologetic. We should have left -- and now that we've experienced this situation, that IS what we would do. We weren't welcomed at all, or shown the house, or offered any type of friendly conversation that one usually finds at such a gorgeous home. We definitely felt we were given a room because she was interested in the $130 -- end of story. Fortunately another woman appeared at the door trying to make amends w/ wine and a
15% discount. It's a very poor example of Wisconsin hospitality and it certainly spoiled our travels.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask if they are serving a large party in their restaurant -- the noise wafts upstairs...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank ALD1947
Lauerman I, Manager at Lauerman Guest House Inn, responded to this review, 18 September 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience with us at The Lauerman House Inn. We are sorry that you were disappointed with your stay.

Our inn does offer a full service restaurant and private dining for catered events. On the eve of your stay, we did host a wedding rehearsal dinner at The Lauerman House Restaurant, located on the lobby level of the inn. The guests did gather for cocktails in the foyer, yet concluded their dinner in the secluded dining room, reserved for the event. We are sorry the noise generated by the event and the restaurant affected your initial impressions of our establishment.

Also, we are sorry your expectations of our establishment’s décor and warmth of atmosphere were not met. We do advertise our inn as “eclectic,” wherein “modern and lively” décor is found inside the historical frame of our inn. Also, tours are not offered to guests or visitors, as the entire lobby level is open to the public and we encourage guests and visitors to walk and lounge freely.

We do value and appreciate the feedback you have provided. We are sorry you had a poor experience with us, as that does not match the experiences of other guests. We did speak to you, at length, about your initial impressions with the establishment and made genuine attempts to rectify the situation.

Thank you, again, for the feedback. We will use the information provided to aid in improving our inn and customer service.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marinette
Best Western Riverfront Inn
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Marinette
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Menominee
Econo Lodge On the Bay
Econo Lodge On the Bay
#2 of 2 in Menominee
Quality Inn & Suites Marinette
Baymont Inn & Suites Marinette

Been to Lauerman Guest House Inn? Share your experiences!