“It's a holiday inn and Marshfield WI, adjust your expectations”

Holiday Inn Conference Center Marshfield
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Marshfield
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Since I'm a club member, I was entitled to a free beverage, free appetizer or free breakfast, as offered by the front desk, took the breakfast. Got to my room and remembered, my rate included breakfast, so back downstairs to swap it out. Then the bartender decided it was time to go home at 11pm, with people there and closed out the bar. Next morning - cold shower. They knew they were busy, and front desk admitted they forgot to turn on extra water heater/boiler. Room, 2nd floor suite was a sweat box. Had A/C running and window open until 430am, when I finally got cold. This is late March in Wisconsin. Left a/c on, maid decided to turn it off, came back that night to another sweat box. Propped door open for a bit, a/c back on and window open this time all night. Then a warm shower, perhaps still boiler problems. Kid enjoyed pool. Room was spacious and basic. Food at restaurant was fair. TV reception wasn't so good either and could have been bigger given size of room.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
MarshfieldHolidayInn, General Manager at Holiday Inn Conference Center Marshfield, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

abmilw,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience. Our guest's comfort is extremely important to us and I apologize that we did not make you as comfortable as you should have been. The experiences that you had have been addressed the proper departments. I wanted to take a moment though to let you know that we do not have "an extra water heater/boiler". We did have maintenance working around clock to fix the hot water levels. This was a challenge but the problem has been fixed. Our front desk associate is very new and must have misunderstood what had been explained to her. We hope to have a chance to make you comfortable next time you are in town. If you would prefer, please give me a call so we can discuss this further.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

We arrived at the Holiday Inn on 3/22. We were quickly checked into our room by the friendly & helpful front desk staff without any issues. We put our bags in the room and then left for a tournament in Stratford, WI. We returned to the hotel later that evening to change into swimming clothes and upon entering the bathroom we noticed blood on the door. Housekeeping arrived within a few minutes of our call and cleaned the blood. We arrived at the pool which was very warm and large amounts of chlorine - I understand chlorine fights bacteria, but being frequent visitors to Wisconsin Dells, I've never dealt with this before. We went to the small game room and the change machine took my $5 bill and continued making noise without dispensing my money. The front desk clerk refunded my money and shut the machine down. Arriving back to our room, we showered and went to bed. When we were preparing to pack our bags and make coffee this morning, we noticed more dry blood on the bed comforter which made us believe our comforter was not washed after the latest guests departed. On the floor we noticed what seemed to be more blood drips. We opened the microwave and noticed food splattered inside - we had not used the microwave. Below the microwave was a thick layer of dust and a dark substance spilled on the cabinet (coffee? soda?). Disgusted, we packed our bags and went for breakfast. Upon checking out at the front desk, the clerk apologized and offered us one free breakfast in which we declined as we had already eaten. I don't expect much of a $100 hotel room, but I do expect a clean room for my family. I now understand why this was one of the only hotels with rooms available.

Room Tip: We were in room 215, over looking parking lot
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Marek54732
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Conference Center Marshfield, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Dear Marek54732,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. We truly regret to see the cleanliness of the room prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 3 March 2014

The rooms are clean and the staff helpful although for such a big Hotel I felt it was possibly a little understaffed. Just be prepared to wait a bit at the front desk, sometimes business needs to be taken care of at another part of the building. When that happens they put up a sign saying, they will return soon. Still the staff is so helpful and friendly, I left my favorite water bottle in the refrigerator and called after checking out to ask if it had been found, they had bagged and identified it, as to my room and the date, and I still have it. There is no free breakfast but they do have an attached restaurant, however I did not try it. The work out room has treadmill and elliptical but no weights. This is a Holiday Inn that one would expect, with one big difference, it has a large pool area. There is a fairly substantial water slide (11 seconds from top to bottom) and a kiddie pool (with a water feature), in addition to a regular pool and a large hot tub. Even though I was sharing the hot tub with others it didn't feel crowded. If you have children or enjoy water yourself, this is the place to go. As I sat in the pool area and looked out the window at the huge piles of snow and cold temperatures I felt very comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Gordon L
MarshfieldHolidayInn, General Manager at Holiday Inn Conference Center Marshfield, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Gordon L,

It sounds like the kids enjoyed themselves. Thank you for taking the time to tell us about it. I will say the pool is the place to be this time of year; everyone seems to have cabin fever!

We look forward to your return visit,

Reviewed 28 February 2014

I stayed at the Holiday Inn off and on for 2 weeks while my father was in the hospital. The hotel is a 5 minute drive to St. Joe's and offers discounted hospital rates. The staff was friendly and the hotel is nice, comfortable, clean, and quiet. There is a very nice pool area for swimming/relaxing, and complimentry coffee in the lobby with the USA Today. If you are a rewards member you are also offered a coupon choice of a free drink in the bar, free breakfast, or a free snack. Good to note - if the hotel is crowded, parking in the front can be a challenge, but there is plenty of parking in the back with easy access to the lobby. This is a good place to stay for business, families, and for access the medical services. Personally I would skip the restaurant for dinner. Breakfast was OK, but dinner wasn't very good and the service was extremely slow (I think we were down for dinner almost 2 hours). I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. It was a good experience.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 13CMR

13CMR,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience here at Holiday Inn!! I have informed the Food and Beverage of your experience in the restaurant; this is something that he is training people about so your comments are very helpful.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

We just purchased property in the area and it filled all our requirements.The rooms were clean, rooms were of a nice size, beds were comfortable, the desk clerk was friendly but not fake friendly, reasonable rates and location is good. Would definitely come back again. we didn't get a chance to check out the spa or restaurant but maybe on our next visit.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kim R
MarshfieldHolidayInn, General Manager at Holiday Inn Conference Center Marshfield, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Kim R,

We can't wait to have come back to visit!! We hope everything works out with your property and we thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Good Luck,

Reviewed 11 January 2014

Weather you are in town on business or vacation everything you need is here! You will find the staff very helpful and outgoing! At the hotel they have all the services you could possibly need without leaving the building! Located in the perfect place to get anywhere is a huge plus! The best kept secret is the location is also quiet where relaxation can be accomplished!
When you travel it goes without saying you expcet a great stay but when you find the staff takes it to the highest level you want to return!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

genoinwi,

Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to share your experience with us. We are always happy to have you visit and enjoy the fact that you feel comfortable enough to relax. Have fun in your travels.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

We recently bought property in the area and until we have accommodations of our own to stay in we choose to stay here - it is clean and location in Marshfield is perfect. The only thing that would be nice would be a better restaurant attached for breakfast. The Gondolier does not add to this property at least for breakfast. As a honors member I get free breakfast but did not use that option as it is not worth the wait or time. The hotel is always clean and people and friendly! Beds are very comfortable. We will stay here again just not use the restaurant attached.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
MarshfieldHolidayInn, Manager at Holiday Inn Conference Center Marshfield, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Thank you TessMIltonWI for letting us know about your stay. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. I would love it if next time you are in town you stop at the desk to see me. I apologize that the restaurant has not lived up to your expectations and would like to discuss this further with you when you are in.

Wendy

Also consider these accommodations in or near Marshfield
Hotel Marshfield, BW Premier Collection
Super 8 Neillsville WI
Super 8 Neillsville WI
#1 of 2 in Neillsville
Comfort Inn & Suites Black River Falls
Comfort Inn & Suites Black River...
#2 of 6 in Black River Falls
Cranberry Country Lodge

Been to Holiday Inn Conference Center Marshfield? Share your experiences!