Holiday Inn Conference Center Marshfield
US$85
TripAdvisor
Home Motel(Abbotsford)(Great Value!)
US$49
Super 8 Neillsville WI(Neillsville)(Great Value!)
US$78
US$76
All reviewsregular poolrestaurant attachedroom was cleankiddie poolhot tubquiet at nightrefrigerator and microwavefamily weddingmarshfield clinicfront desk staffwould stay againwater parkwicouponmotelgamefireplace
Reviewed 28 May 2014

As an IHG Gold Elite member, I was a little disappointed in my check-in. This was a business stay for 1 night that was pre-paid for by my company. Upon check-in I handed the clerk my Gold Elite card and was told, since I was not paying for the stay, I would earn no points for the night. I had never had this happen to me in the past and asked if this was a new policy. The clerk stated no and that if it was done in the past it because they were being friendly to me. The clerk could have communicated this to me in a friendlier way. Despite not being able to use my points, I was not offered a bottle of water or in anyway treated as a loyal IHG member. It takes a lot of loyalty to the brand to earn the Gold Elite status, it would have been nice to be treated that way.

As far as the room, nice room on an upper floor away from elevator. Room was clean as was the rest of the hotel. Nice stay except for the treatment upon check-in.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Conference Center Marshfield, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Dear Chris F,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review for being a Gold Elite member of our IHG Rewards Club program. I am pleased to know that you were satisfied with the room assigned to you.

We regret any inconvenience you may have experienced with the check in process. We take comments such as these very seriously and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Just spent two days in Marshfield. We stayed at this Holiday Inn one night The room was large, well appointed (I liked the couch), and very clean. The bed was nicely firm; and I slept very well that night. We needed to print a few documents for a presentation. That was no problem as they furnish a printing station. All in all it was a most satisfactory place to stay. Recommendable

Room Tip: Been there twice in the last two years. Both rooms were fine
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
MarshfieldHolidayInn, General Manager at Holiday Inn Conference Center Marshfield, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It is always nice to receive the information on things we can improve on.... It is also wonderful to be able to let our staff know what they are doing right!! Enjoy the rest of your travels and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

We stayed Six nights at this Holiday Inn and generally speaking the accomodations were clean and comfortable. The housekeepng staff were always polite and personable but respectful. Some of the desk staff were friendly and helpful but some were not. My primary concern though is that when using the lobby computer for airline check in, the connection speed was so incredibly slow that it took over twenty minutes for me to check in where it would normally take 3-5 minutes. Very disappointed that in a hotel where so many airline passengers stay, the connection speed on the lobby computer was painfully slow. Not good!

Room Tip: Breakfast is terrible because there is no breakfast unless you eat in the attached restaurant and none of their food is as good (nor inexpensive) as other restaurants in the area.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
MarshfieldHolidayInn, General Manager at Holiday Inn Conference Center Marshfield, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Steven S,

Thank you for taking the time to share the experience you had with us. What a long stay you had with us; you must so happy to be home. Thank you for alerting us to the concerns you had about our lobby computer. We will address this right away. We have also informed the proper departments of your additional comments. Your information is well appreciated and helps us to improve our service to our guests.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Best hotel in Marshfield -- its clean, inexpensive, and located next to a great brewery and restaurant. I have stayed here multiple times, and when I'm visiting Marshfield, there is never a question of where I will be staying.

• Stayed: April 2014

reinman12,

We always enjoy having you here!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and we look forward to your return.

Enjoy Safe Travels,

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Since I'm a club member, I was entitled to a free beverage, free appetizer or free breakfast, as offered by the front desk, took the breakfast. Got to my room and remembered, my rate included breakfast, so back downstairs to swap it out. Then the bartender decided it was time to go home at 11pm, with people there and closed out the bar. Next morning - cold shower. They knew they were busy, and front desk admitted they forgot to turn on extra water heater/boiler. Room, 2nd floor suite was a sweat box. Had A/C running and window open until 430am, when I finally got cold. This is late March in Wisconsin. Left a/c on, maid decided to turn it off, came back that night to another sweat box. Propped door open for a bit, a/c back on and window open this time all night. Then a warm shower, perhaps still boiler problems. Kid enjoyed pool. Room was spacious and basic. Food at restaurant was fair. TV reception wasn't so good either and could have been bigger given size of room.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

abmilw,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience. Our guest's comfort is extremely important to us and I apologize that we did not make you as comfortable as you should have been. The experiences that you had have been addressed the proper departments. I wanted to take a moment though to let you know that we do not have "an extra water heater/boiler". We did have maintenance working around clock to fix the hot water levels. This was a challenge but the problem has been fixed. Our front desk associate is very new and must have misunderstood what had been explained to her. We hope to have a chance to make you comfortable next time you are in town. If you would prefer, please give me a call so we can discuss this further.