“Good as it gets for this genre”
Review of Cinco de Mayo

Cinco de Mayo
Ranked #8 of 22 Restaurants in Mauston
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: This is the best Mexican food I have had in a long time. Everything was fresh and delicious. The service was great. The prices were reasonably. The portions were good. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who enjoys authentic Mexican food served fresh and hot. The fried cheesecake finished off an excellent meal! 5 stars!!!
Reviewed 27 February 2012

We drive through this area a couple times a year to visit family and we were looking for something fast, but not fast food. We stopped based on the other reviews and were not disappointed. We are vegetarian and thought the grilled vegetables on a toasted burrito shell was fantastic. The bean burritos and cheese enchiladas were flavorful and "wet" the way we like them but not too spicy for the kids. Super attentive, fast service, lots of chips and salsa made it a perfect pitstop.

Reviewed 8 January 2012

great service and awesome food! It is a frequent choice for us.

Reviewed 9 June 2011

I live in Mauston, WI and we have very few restaurants outside of the regular bar and grill food. I was excited when Cinco de Mayo (cheesy name, I know) opened sometime last year. My husband (picky eater) and I have eaten here several times and the food is excellent and is fairly inexpensive - especially considering the portions. The menu is huge and the only way I can describe it is it is not your typical restuarant chain Americanized version of Mexican food.

Although it has been a couple months since I have been here, each time the food has been very good and the service really quick. As typical you get chips and salsa and their happy hour includes $1.99 margaritas (although they are small, can't beat the price). I have attached the URL for the restaurant to the review, so you can check out prices for food and drinks.

For those of you who may camp or have cabins in the area but stick to the lake bars, this restuarant is worth a short trip into town. Easiest directions - Cinco de Mayo is right across the street from the grocery store (Festival Foods) in a small strip mall. Seriously, disregard the cheesy name and the fact it is in a strip mall in town and give this place a try. You will not be sorry!

5  Thank MyDogRudy

Been to Cinco de Mayo? Share your experiences!