“Great hotel right off highway!”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Mauston
Reviewed 3 December 2012

I saw the sign that said Managers special for a great room rate - and I wondered what will I get? Well, I got a great hotel! The gentleman at the front desk was super nice. It smelled really nice when I entered the hotel as well! The room was small, but had everything I needed. And it was clean! The bed was super comfortable and my wake up call arrived on time! It's the little things that count. I can tell the Manager takes a lot of pride in the hotel. Definitley stay here!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 4 November 2012

Arriving later in the evening we were pleasantly surprise to find chips, cheese and salsa sitting on the front desk. We enjoyed talking to the young man who checked us in a snacking. Wanted a first floor room and that was no problem. Beds were very comfortable and room was very clean! Next morning in our rush to leave in the rain I forgot my pillow. Have to learn to travel with a pillowcase that is not white! Just didn't catch my attention. That evening when I was preparing to go to bed at home I realized what I had done. Called late in the evening and the female voice answering the phone was very nice, but said she couldn't do anything for me at that late hour. Next day I called and ended up talking to Randy O'Brien, General Manager. He asked for a description of my pillowcase, indicated he had it, said he'd send it right off. I expected it would be a couple of days, but it arrived in one days time. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Staff is pleasant and helpful. We would stay here again if in the area. Marge Penning, Janesville, WI

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 October 2012

My 10 year old son and I stopped for the night on our way to MN. It was a short distance from Wisconsin Dells, but the price was great.

Pros:
Clean room (hotel was oder)
Microwave/ fridge in room
pool was not cold - but jacuzzi was great!
sink was outside the bathroom
Staff was friendly! even after we locked ourselves out immediatelly :)
Bed was comfortable
breakfast was the normal waffle maker, ceral and bread items - but well stocked and find for a quck breakfast before hitting the road
free wifi in room

Con's;
Our room was right by the freeway onramp, so head traffic all night
bathroom was so small my 10 yr old couldn't change clothes in there
sink didn't drain
had to actully check out in the morning at the front desk

Over all - I'd say here again! The price was great and the hotel was fine for a small family.

Room Tip: ask for a room not on the freeway onramp side
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 October 2012

Our family attended a funeral in Barron WI, We decided to stay on the way up for rest. On the way back we decided to stay at the same place. Courteous staff, excellant clean rooms, and comfy beds. We actually got into the hot tub and made us relax even more! Sufficient breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 September 2012

This hotel was very clean. We stayed in the king suite with big screen tv and jacuzzi. Very spacious!! The breakfast was great. Staff was super. The bed was new, firm, and "just right"! Located just 20 minutes from Wisconsin Dells.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2012

We visit family in Minnesota several times a year. We like to maximize family time by staying late and then starting back to Chicago in the evening. Mauston is a couple of hours down the road and a convenient place to overnight,

Unfortunately, the motel situation is not so hot. We used to stay at the Best Western Park Oasis, but there's a lot of "deferred (forever) maintenance" there. Last time the air conditioner didn't work and the clerk offered a $10 discount for the inconvenience of a sleepless night. (To their credit, management rectified that.)

This time we opted for a change - and regretted.

The Quality Inn isn't awful. It's just working its way there. Directed to the back parking lot as the closest to our room, we discovered it is not handicapped friendly. There is no handicapped parking near the door and the entryway has no ramp. The parking lot desperately needs resurfacing. It was too late and we were too tired to go back to the front.

Our room was good-sized and appeared clean, but dowdy. The knob to control the air conditioner temperature was broken. Nice guy at the desk said he would bring a replacement. He didn't.

Nicely sized dining room height work table - and a ratty chair with no height adjustment. The fabric was worn or ripped and the stuffing was coming out.

They must have a terrific clientele, since they tell you that all items in the room are inventoried daily. Those things do not include a do not disturb sign.

The television is an older, very heavy tube model without a swivel base. Not a whole lot of fun to turn it.

Their breakfast is served until 9 AM on weekdays, 9:30 AM on weekends. Late sleepers need not apply. There is a McDonald's down the road, though. If you want a late-night cup of coffee, the Quality Inn stops its brewing at 10 PM.

WiFi is below average with lots of disconnects.

No computers available for guest use - and they charge for local calls.

Overall, this is a downscale property, sliding fast, with middle market or above prices. Though it is clean and the front desk staff was friendly, if ultimately unhelpful, this place will not see a second voluntary visit from us.

Room Tip: No elevators at this two story property, so if you have problems with stairs, make it clear that you...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2012

Stayed one night in June 2012, room 106. Room was the average size, bedding was fine, bed was older, hard. Flat screen tv, good ac, was clean. Free nachos 6-8pm was a big hit with my family. Pool and hot tub was very nice. Nice area for parents to sit and watch the kids. Free wifi. The reason this review does not get a great or better status is due to the overwhelming smells of mildew and mold. We first smelled this in the hallway going to our room. When we opened the door to our room it nearly took your breath away. The bathroom was so strong of mold that you quickly did your business in there and got out. I did not complain cause I hoped that when the room got some air it would be fine. We then went to dinner leaving the ac on full. When we got back the room temp was nice and cold like we like but the smell was there. By this time I was tired and just wanted to go to bed. So, I am laying in bed, my family is sleeping. But I just could not stand the mildew smell, it was so strong!! So, I took the pods of coffee for the in room coffee pot and but them by my pillow so all I could smell was coffee, I know this sounds crazy but it was late and I just wanted the night over. If the shower curtain got changed, carpets cleaned and bathroom floor beached I bet this problem would be solved. If I knew this problem was solved I would stay here again. The staff was so nice and friendly. In fact the man running the front desk when we checked in was perfect, one of the best! If you stay, maybe try a 2nd floor room farthest from the pool, perhaps this would help?

Room Tip: Try a 2nd floor room farthest from the pool, smell the room before you agree to stay in it.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank mjjmr
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mauston
Best Western Park Oasis Inn
AmericInn Hotel & Suites New Lisbon
Best Western Ambassador Inn & Suites
Best Western Ambassador Inn & Su...
#3 of 75 in Wisconsin Dells
Voyageur Inn and Conference Center
Baymont Inn & Suites Wisconsin Dells
Baymont Inn & Suites Wisconsin D...
#28 of 75 in Wisconsin Dells
Ramada Wisconsin Dells
Ramada Wisconsin Dells
#26 of 75 in Wisconsin Dells

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!