“Good over night stay”
Review of Quality Inn

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Mauston
Reviewed 10 April 2013

We drove over from Michigan to visit with our daughter who drove over from North Dakota and we had requested adjoining rooms- they were right ready as expected which was great as we were all tired. The front desk staff, both at night when we checked in and in the morning at checkout, were friendly and accommodating. When we called at night for a minor problem (we were just letting them know so they could fix it for the next guest) they immediately offered us an other room if we wanted it ( we didn't take it as it wasn't necessary). When I reminded the staff in the morning, they were quick to apologize even though it didn't affect our stay in the least. Staff had salsa and chips out in the evening for guests which was a nice touch as well. Pool area and sauna were clean and in good shape. The kids enjoyed the pool! The only reason I didn't give hotel a "5 star" is the rooms were a bit dated- but most importantly everything was clean. Thanks for a nice stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 2 February 2013

My wife and I were traveling from northern MN to Ohio for the holidays, pulled off the highway about 8:30 at night and saw the manager's special sign for $59.99. We were looking for a place that had a jacuzzi because we had been traveling for over 6 hours. My wife mentioned this to the night manager, Georgia, and we went to our room. We were just settling in and pulling out our swimsuits when the phone rang. It was Georgia, who told us that the jacuzzi by the pool wasn't working and she was upgrading us to the jacuzzi suite for the same price. Excellent room, jacuzzi could easily fit four, king bed, huge flat screen, nice beverage table, granite top, extra sink. Very good shower and water pressure. Plus a free drink coupon at the bar downstairs on the weekends. Good selection of specialty beers, friendly bartender and patrons, even though I was a Vikings fan in Packers territory.

Needless to say, we made it a point to stay here on our way back from Ohio, and paid for the suite. We found out that the property had recently been purchased by local people and they have replaced all the linens, mattresses, pillows, etc. Both of us slept well, and there were more improvements being done. On a Friday night the drywaller was still there. Which tells me that the people who own the place have a plan, and want to get it accomplished.

My wife and I own a small cafe that we started in May of 2009 and this was our first vacation.
When customers walk through our door we do our best to make them feel welcome and provide the best service and food we can.

We were going to visit family, and were just expecting a bed for the night. When you see a manager's special for $59.99, that's exactly what you expect. .

In every way the people at this hotel exceeded our expectations.

By the way,,, if you don't buy some Carr Valley cheese while you're there, you've missed some of the best cheese in the country, if not the world. They have medals to prove it.

Room Tip: Put fitness center as average as there is none, and hated to say anything terrible about the place.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 December 2012

I saw the sign that said Managers special for a great room rate - and I wondered what will I get? Well, I got a great hotel! The gentleman at the front desk was super nice. It smelled really nice when I entered the hotel as well! The room was small, but had everything I needed. And it was clean! The bed was super comfortable and my wake up call arrived on time! It's the little things that count. I can tell the Manager takes a lot of pride in the hotel. Definitley stay here!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 November 2012

Arriving later in the evening we were pleasantly surprise to find chips, cheese and salsa sitting on the front desk. We enjoyed talking to the young man who checked us in a snacking. Wanted a first floor room and that was no problem. Beds were very comfortable and room was very clean! Next morning in our rush to leave in the rain I forgot my pillow. Have to learn to travel with a pillowcase that is not white! Just didn't catch my attention. That evening when I was preparing to go to bed at home I realized what I had done. Called late in the evening and the female voice answering the phone was very nice, but said she couldn't do anything for me at that late hour. Next day I called and ended up talking to Randy O'Brien, General Manager. He asked for a description of my pillowcase, indicated he had it, said he'd send it right off. I expected it would be a couple of days, but it arrived in one days time. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Staff is pleasant and helpful. We would stay here again if in the area. Marge Penning, Janesville, WI

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 October 2012

My 10 year old son and I stopped for the night on our way to MN. It was a short distance from Wisconsin Dells, but the price was great.

Pros:
Clean room (hotel was oder)
Microwave/ fridge in room
pool was not cold - but jacuzzi was great!
sink was outside the bathroom
Staff was friendly! even after we locked ourselves out immediatelly :)
Bed was comfortable
breakfast was the normal waffle maker, ceral and bread items - but well stocked and find for a quck breakfast before hitting the road
free wifi in room

Con's;
Our room was right by the freeway onramp, so head traffic all night
bathroom was so small my 10 yr old couldn't change clothes in there
sink didn't drain
had to actully check out in the morning at the front desk

Over all - I'd say here again! The price was great and the hotel was fine for a small family.

Room Tip: ask for a room not on the freeway onramp side
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 October 2012

Our family attended a funeral in Barron WI, We decided to stay on the way up for rest. On the way back we decided to stay at the same place. Courteous staff, excellant clean rooms, and comfy beds. We actually got into the hot tub and made us relax even more! Sufficient breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 September 2012

This hotel was very clean. We stayed in the king suite with big screen tv and jacuzzi. Very spacious!! The breakfast was great. Staff was super. The bed was new, firm, and "just right"! Located just 20 minutes from Wisconsin Dells.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mauston
Best Western Park Oasis Inn
AmericInn Hotel & Suites New Lisbon
Best Western Ambassador Inn & Suites
Best Western Ambassador Inn & Su...
#3 of 75 in Wisconsin Dells
Voyageur Inn and Conference Center
Baymont Inn & Suites Wisconsin Dells
Baymont Inn & Suites Wisconsin D...
#28 of 75 in Wisconsin Dells
#57 of 75 in Wisconsin Dells

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!