“COCKROACHES. RUN.”

Alaskan Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Mauston
“COCKROACHES. RUN.”
Reviewed 18 August 2013

My husband and I got a room here after I mistakenly forgot to book a room for our Saturday night in the Dells.
Every hotel we called or stopped at had no vacancy. Then we found this one. The office stunk as well as the room. There were stains everywhere of who knows what and some shady person hanging outside my door. We went to dinner and came back. We werent looking forward to our stay and I had wished we never booked. My husband
hollered from the bathroom to get my things now we werent staying there. There was a cockroach in the tub. Ew. I should have known. The guy at the desk was like "cockroaches" yep dont act like its a surprise. He refunded and we headed back towards the freeway at 11pm 2 hotels completely booked, last one we checked had a room ready in a half hr. And here I sit writing this review. I can not wait to stay in a nice clean room.
YUCKY.

• Stayed August 2013
4 Thank tzetzebebe

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 26 July 2013

This place was pretty sad. The woman at the desk acted as if I was bothering her in booking a room for two nights. The place wasn't filthy but they didn't even make the bed after the first night. There were several groups of guys hanging out in front of their rooms drinking and partying. Pay a few bucks extra and stay somewhere else, or at least make sure your door is locked.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Tom C

Travellers are raving about these Mauston hotels

Hudson, NY
Reviewed 28 August 2012

The owner of this motel will not spend the money to have wireless internet or any internet at this motel. Place is filthy. Stay somewhere else. This motel is a dump. Owner apparently does not care and does not deserve my or anyone else business

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Donald C
Mitchell, South Dakota
Reviewed 3 March 2012

I am an avid traveler and not a picky one by far. I should have went with my gut and turned around as soon as I opened the door. Had I not been travelling all day I would have. It was dark, dirty and dated. The front desk was a joke. The microwave sounded like someone was talking to us in morse code. We ended up sleeping on top of the blanket for a couple of hours - no one rested well. We didn't even dare take a shower although we all felt like we needed one when we left the room. I think the main reason we didn't is we figured we wouldn't get our money back and we had been in the car for hours. We should have just kept driving - our destination wasn't that far away. NEVER STAY HERE!

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank r_u_dreaming
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 30 May 2011

$39 for a room, I was glad to get a room.

This place isn't the Hilton, so $39 is about right for this place. I've stayed here before, didn't know it was an "America's Best Value Inn." I came in the back way and didn't see the sign, not sure how long they've been with this chain. I know it as the "Alaskan Inn."

Room was clean, warm and quiet. Food (and drinks) in the same parking lot and across the street.

They do use a real key so remember to return it and remember to lock the door behind out, they do not auto lock. I'll let the pictures tell the rest

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Jim-OnTheWayHome
Dallas, TX
Reviewed 25 September 2010

My husband and I reserved this room online for two days to attend a family memorial. Reservation said clean room, continetal breakfest and free paper while there.
Room was not very clean. Found a pair of mens shorts in dresser drawer. Took them to the manager. Got a sorry about that when I told him that was very uncool to find. No maid service. Office was closed in the mornings so no paper, or breakfast.
A letter was sent to the home office. No reply.
We tried three best value inns on our trip. We will not use this chain ever again. Only one was in fairly good shape. Ft Atkinson WI

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lessa37
Tennessee
Reviewed 15 August 2010

Shame on me for not turning around after opening the door to our room. Dirty, cramped, dated, burn holes in carpet, smelly, etc, etc. There is no way that anyone from America's Best Value Inns EVER visited this pit before lending their name to it. Just finished an e-mail to their corporate offices and hope to hear something other than the usual "each property is individually owned and operated" jibberish. Hey!!!! It's YOUR brand name that this lousy place is using!!!!!! Save your trip and just keep moving past this place.......sure wish I had.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank downtheroad735
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mauston
BEST WESTERN Park Oasis Inn
#3 of 4 in Mauston
BEST WESTERN Ambassador Inn & Suites
BEST WESTERN Ambassador Inn & Su...
#6 of 72 in Wisconsin Dells
Polynesian Resort Hotel
Polynesian Resort Hotel
#54 of 72 in Wisconsin Dells
#55 of 72 in Wisconsin Dells
Travelers Inn Convention Ctr

Been to Alaskan Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!