“Stinky, dirty and not worth the $$”

Alaskan Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Mauston
Ham Lake, Minnesota
“Stinky, dirty and not worth the $$”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We also were traveling through, without reservations Saturday night a needed somewhere to stay. We travel / ride motorcycle with friends so enjoy the opportunity to sit outside our room in the evening, enjoy the air and visit. This time we needed the fresh air outside because the rooms stunk! We had three rooms, had to pay $79 plus tax etc for each room. One room smelled like urine and the toilet seal was leaking all over the bathroom floor. The tub was dirty ... maybe left over bug remnants! Another room was so musty it made you choke. Carpets were disgusting ... you couldn't possibly take your shoes off other than to jump into the bed. It was by far the worst room we've ever found. The other two woman slept in thier clothes cause they were terrified of the beds!
Too bad we didn't look on trip advisor before we took the room. We should have drove down the road a little farther. I would not recommend this room to anyone. The gal in the office was pretty scarry too.

Room Tip: We stayed in the drive up rooms; 151, 152 and 153
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank pkliedon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Lino Lakes, Minnesota
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Disgusting! Old, smelly and way overpriced! Slept in my clothes and couldn't wait to get out! Run, fast! Our friends room smelled like urine, and the other two rooms just plain smelled horrible. There were no other options of places to stay, something was going on in the area and they were all booked. We were on our way home from a motorcycle trip and had traveled several miles already and was getting dark.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Susan L

Travellers are raving about these Mauston hotels

Proctorville, Ohio
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed here on a trip to move out west for one night. It was $80 with the pet fee included, and the benefit was that there was plenty of parking for my uhaul. The location is easy to get to off interstate and walking distance to restaurants or gas stations.
The room was so outdated that I just laughed. The lights blinked off and on, the carpet was stained in several spots, and the bedding was outdated. Definitely needs cleaning and updates.

Stayed August 2014
3 Thank skyllo
Reviewed 18 August 2013

My husband and I got a room here after I mistakenly forgot to book a room for our Saturday night in the Dells.
Every hotel we called or stopped at had no vacancy. Then we found this one. The office stunk as well as the room. There were stains everywhere of who knows what and some shady person hanging outside my door. We went to dinner and came back. We werent looking forward to our stay and I had wished we never booked. My husband
hollered from the bathroom to get my things now we werent staying there. There was a cockroach in the tub. Ew. I should have known. The guy at the desk was like "cockroaches" yep dont act like its a surprise. He refunded and we headed back towards the freeway at 11pm 2 hotels completely booked, last one we checked had a room ready in a half hr. And here I sit writing this review. I can not wait to stay in a nice clean room.
YUCKY.

• Stayed August 2013
4 Thank tzetzebebe
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 26 July 2013

This place was pretty sad. The woman at the desk acted as if I was bothering her in booking a room for two nights. The place wasn't filthy but they didn't even make the bed after the first night. There were several groups of guys hanging out in front of their rooms drinking and partying. Pay a few bucks extra and stay somewhere else, or at least make sure your door is locked.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Tom C
Hudson, NY
Reviewed 28 August 2012

The owner of this motel will not spend the money to have wireless internet or any internet at this motel. Place is filthy. Stay somewhere else. This motel is a dump. Owner apparently does not care and does not deserve my or anyone else business

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Donald C
Mitchell, South Dakota
Reviewed 3 March 2012

I am an avid traveler and not a picky one by far. I should have went with my gut and turned around as soon as I opened the door. Had I not been travelling all day I would have. It was dark, dirty and dated. The front desk was a joke. The microwave sounded like someone was talking to us in morse code. We ended up sleeping on top of the blanket for a couple of hours - no one rested well. We didn't even dare take a shower although we all felt like we needed one when we left the room. I think the main reason we didn't is we figured we wouldn't get our money back and we had been in the car for hours. We should have just kept driving - our destination wasn't that far away. NEVER STAY HERE!

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank r_u_dreaming
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mauston
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#3 of 4 in Mauston
Best Western Park Oasis Inn
AmericInn Hotel & Suites New Lisbon
Hilton Garden Inn Wisconsin Dells
Best Western Ambassador Inn & Suites
Best Western Ambassador Inn & Su...
#4 of 74 in Wisconsin Dells
Super 8 Mauston
Super 8 Mauston
#2 of 4 in Mauston

Been to Alaskan Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!