“4 year and counting”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mauston
Woodside Ranch Resort
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Our 4th year at Woodside Ranch and had another great family trip.
Brian, Mary Ann and Adam always do a great job with our kids and the horse rides. Clean Rustic cabins and 3 meals a day with no dishes to do. Great family vacation. Will see you all next year.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Deanna O

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I can go on and on about how wonderful Woodside is. Woodside has so much to offer for people of all ages and is the perfect vacation n get-away.

The staff
The staff and I mean EVERYBODY is wonderful. They are friendly, welcoming, and helpful. The are really wonderful people to get to know.

The food
Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are served family style. The food was great! Not a single complaint. The breakfast rides in the morning are my favorite. Nothing beats ridding a horse out the breakfast, and eating pancakes and bacon.

Activities
There is always something to do. Horse backriding, swimming, fishing, hiking, archery, and so many more.

My family and I stayed for four days and we didn't want to leave. Woodside kept us busy but provided us an environment were we could truly relax and enjoy the family. We will definitely be going back next year.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Sarah D
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This was our fourth visit to Woodside. My daughter and friends always enjoy the many activities such has horseback riding, swimming, bingo, water sliding, archery to name a few. The cabins are quaint and the whole experience is rustic, but wholesome family fun. Even a bar area for the parents!

If you are looking for a fun family experience, this is a great place to go.

Room Tip: We stayed in a cabin. Just be prepared that this is like a 50's, 60's type vacation with fe...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Bearbrooke17
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We went to Woodside Ranch for a short getaway during spring break (although it still felt like winter!). We had tons of fun during our stay. The staff bent over backwards to make our stay wonderful. Brianna, one of the "activities girls," was especially wonderful with my kids. The home-cooked meals were incredible. And all the wranglers made horse riding run, even in the rain. We stayed in a 3-bedroom cabin, and it was quite comfortable. We spent an afternoon in the Dells to experience some of the touristy stuff there, and then we came right back to the "Wild West." We will definitely go again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank kristintokyo
Reviewed 4 February 2014

This place is amazing! I've been here twice and I can't begin to describe the awesome time I had here. It's like going to the old west with great friendly staff that make your stay very confortable. I live in the city and going to a cabin style accomodations was a very nice experience. You feel like you are in another era and all the burdens of city life have been lifted.

I had never been on a horse before and the wranglers were very friendly and made my daily trips a wonderful experience. The morning ride and breakfast in the open air were my favorite.

They also have modern amenities like a pool, theater and a bar just in case you miss the city. I can't wait to go back again!

Room Tip: Get mosquito repelant and ask for a mini fridge to keep your beverages cold.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Enjoyed this ranch experience with a group. The staff were welcoming, friendly, and accommodating to all. Cabin style accommodations enhanced the experience. Horse wranglers were friendly and knowledgeable and horses were well cared for. This is a great experience, especially for children and families.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 29 October 2013

This is the letter I wrote for the Woodside Staff after this years trip:I wanted to send a quick note of thanks for the wonderful vacation we had this summer. My family has been going to woodside for about 2o years now. When my sisters were younger my folks would take them, and now that I have children we have taken them twice as well. I had written when we booked the days that my sons had chosen Woodside over a Disney vacation, much to my happiness. And sitting at dinner the other day our 12 year old said he really hoped we could go again next summer, and that the whole family could be there. That Woodside was the best place to have a reunion. And I agree. They fished, swam, rode horses (especially Pinky, Patrick's favorite), hiked, hung out with family, made some new friends. Hung out in front of campfires and fireplaces. Those are the moments they will carry with them for a lifetime, the stories they will share with their own children, and maybe even bring them to Woodside as well. Three generations stood outside the barn, together, and all agreed that the best place on earth was not a plastic playground in Florida but a dusty trail in Wisconsin. That the smell of horses and fresh bread feeds your soul. So, thank you again, and we hope to see you all again soon.
I really do think that every penny spent on a trip to Woodside will be more than doubled in memories and just the joy of the experience. My siblings and now our children tell Woodside stories, they talk of favorite horses and adventures. They created experiences that will stick with them. I would recommend Woodside, I have recommended it, and we will go every chance we can.

Room Tip: We like the "newer" cabins verses the Lincoln style ones, but that is our family. They are...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank EJLitton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mauston
Quality Inn
Best Western Park Oasis Inn
Woodside Old Towne Hotel
Woodside Old Towne Hotel
#1 of 1 in Mauston

Been to Woodside Ranch Resort? Share your experiences!