“Awesome”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
“Awesome”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We arrived at an odd hour between lunch and dinner when they generally don't serve, but we were encouraged to stay but the most awesome server. The setting is great, the food was awesome, but the best was how comfortable we were made to feel.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank tromt

Medford, Wisconsin
“AMAZING FOOD”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Met for business at the Old Feed Mill for lunch. I just picked them off of the computer and it was absolutely not a disappointment. Service was extremely friendly and my fish sandwich was served on a homemade bun was one of the best I have ever had! The restaurant is adorable and not too hard to find. Prices were reasonable and they gave you more than enough food. I would love to go back again!

• Visited May 2014
Barneveld, Wisconsin
“Finally, a great cut of Prime Rib”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Went to the Old Feed Mill using a Groupon with my wife for dinner. Even though we're in our early 30's we went at the "old folks" time of 6pm for dinner. The dining room was already about 3/4 full, and our very pleasant server greeted us quickly to take our drink order. Drinks were brought out quickly and we ordered. I usually don't get prime rib on Saturdays because I've been disappointed so many times, from dive bars offering prime rib sandwiches to $50+ cuts at the Copper Oak at Ho Chunk Casino, but I was craving red meat. I got the king cut and ordered it rare, usually because most kitchens don't know what "rare" means and it comes out at least medium-rare, usually more done that that. My wife ordered the mac and cheese (as always). Salads and a cutting board with bread were brought out almost immediately, and we had barely finished with them by the time the dinners came out. And I finally got a perfect, RARE cut of prime rib. I'm thinking that going at an early hour helped and the kitchen could give me a center cut. It was fatty in places but come on people, it's prime rib. It's going to be fatty. Overall though the meat was excellently seasoned on the edges and super tender in the center. My wife's mac and cheese was also perfect. It was also far more than she could eat, so it also made a nice lunch for me the next day.

• Visited March 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Fine food, but service too fast”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Good food and good setting, but I had to put my coat on as the restaurant was too cold. The service was too fast, like they were trying to rush me out to make room for the next people, but there were several empty tables already when we left.

Visited October 2013
Wisconsin
“Good Food, Ambience, Friendly Staff”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Authentic décor that is intriguing, both in the bar and dining room areas. In fact, the entire downtown of Mazomanie is right out of a history book. They have done a great job of preservation.
Our group of 7 was pleased with their selections of: Sirloin Steak, Deep fried Cod, Mango/Chili Mahi-mahi and Baked Cod.
Service was prompt and friendly. Our waitperson kept bringing us fresh baked, small loaves of bread that not only smelled amazing, but vanished quickly.
This is a place to return to.

• Visited September 2013