“Good food, good service, pricey.. three meals/$45”
Review of Los Jarochos - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Los Jarochos
Cuisines: Mexican
Anamosa, Iowa
“Good food, good service, pricey.. three meals/$45”
Reviewed 16 June 2013

We did enjoy our food, but don't know if we will go back due to the cost. We had three pops and three meals (one was two tacos..no meal, just tacos) and it was $45.00.

Service was good and the place is clean.

Happy eating!

Visited June 2013

wi
“Room for improvement”
Reviewed 8 January 2012

This small restaurant located in a local strip mall on Hwy.51 has an extensive menu which you can get lost inside of. Restaurant was clean, but lacked atmosphere. The tv tuned to a Hispanic channel was a central part of the decor.

Homemade chips and salsa were brought right away to our table.
The food was ok but with so many great Mexican restaurants in the Madison area, I'd hoped for more from this local eatery.
Language barrier complicated getting our questions answered about dishes on the menu, so just ordered enchilada's and quesadilla.
We were served an additional dish after one member asked for soft shell taco shells be used for their dish.
Milk was served in a jumbo size plastic cup.

Besides one or two other families, we were the only diners present the evening we stopped by for dinner.

• Visited December 2011
Orlando, Florida
“The Good, the Bad and the Ugly”
Reviewed 6 September 2011

My family enjoyed a sizzling platter of chicken, pork, beef and chorizo which is served with corn or flour tortillas and sides of rice and beans/guacamole. I believe it is their only menu item with says' "Serves 4".
The GOOD: The flavors were delicious and there was plenty for my crew. I appreciate the addition of Mexican flavors in McFarland. I enjoyed the spicy guacamole.
The BAD: Didn't receive our waters till the meal came so my son went out to the car to get his water bottle. Also, we were done eating for some time and had to wait around for our bill. The main gentleman serving/greeting kept attending to new people coming in and seemed to not notice us anymore. Also, the atmosphere is so-so. They had a large flat screen playing Mexican tabloid TV...kinda loud. The tables and chairs were cafeteria style.
The UGLY: I ordered a few sides immediately with our main entree. Sour cream, cilantro, and 2 sides of pico de gallo. ( I had been there one time previously and did not care for the watery style salsa.) The menu clearly stated that pico was 65 cents each. When he brought it out to the table, he said "two....dollar fifty...OK?" Since there was a language barrier, I tried to repeat what he was trying to say to me. I said , "two for $1.50?". He said yes and said "bigger". So I said Ok thinking so I am paying 20 cents more...big deal. Let me first say this dish was maybe 2 inches across and an inch high and was't even filled all the way. The pico, although flavorful, had alot of liquid as well. Second, their menu never said anything about two different sizes of pico de gallo. If they have a larger size, it should be listed in their menu WITH the price. No confusion that way, right? And they certainly should not just bring it out if they can't clearly tell me what they are doing. When I finally got my check, we were charged $1.50 for each tiny dish. I had to ask what was the original or small size, and he pointed out the small dish that our guacamole came in. Let me say that they were close to the same size. I could have ordered two "smalls" and received more pico and paid less.
Overall, I would definately come back but I will be a little more cautious about agreeing to changes in my order. The food was more authentic Mexican and the value was decent for the price we paid. Without beverages (only water), we ended up averaging $7-$8 a person.

• Visited September 2011
Madison, Wisconsin
“Take the drive to Madison for Mexican food”
Reviewed 5 September 2011

Have to say tonight was my 3rd time back, I have been with other friends and family and all had the same thing, chips are greasy and salsa is hot liquid everyone says whats up with that ??
Skimpy on amts. and refried blackbeans were runny and about a tablespoon worth looked like loose stools, And skip the rice its like prepackaged rice no flavor. Had the tamale which i found about a teaspoon of pork on top of it ???
I had to give it 3 times and have to say make to drive into MADISON this place is not worth the $$$ and you will be hungry when you leave.

• Visited September 2011