“Classic Wisconsin Lake Place”
Review of Beach House Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Beach House Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 January 2014

This is a no nonsense, come as you are kinda place. While I have only been to this place this once, a few days ago, I've been to these kinds of places in Wisconsin my whole life.

We found the Beach house from Groupon or Living Social, and the offer was for steak and lobster, with 2 drinks, and appetizer. We ordered the calamari as a starter, my husband ordered a gin & tonic, and I ordered some "boat drink", I can't remember what it was called, but the waitress recommended it to me.

The drinks and calamari were perfect, and set the stage for a great meal. Our entree's came and were also excellent! My ice cold salad came at the same time, which is not my preference, but it was delicious. I was a bit surprised to be offered a wine list in this kind of place, but I ordered a nice glass to enjoy with my steak and lobster. We were "Thanksgiving Full" when we left, and promised ourselves to return this summer.

I love these kinds of places. The Beach House is exactly what you should be looking for if you want a classic Wisconsin experience. One step into the place and it's clear that this is a boating destination. It isn't fancy. It isn't expensive. The drinks are great. The staff are friendly. The decor is casual, unpretentious, and welcoming. You come to these kinds of places for the drinks, food, and hospitality.

So if you want a place where you can relax and enjoy very good food without the fuss, then this is a great place to try.

1  Thank 4tickets2travel
There are newer reviews for Beach House Restaurant

Reviewed 28 December 2013

My husband and I consider ourselves serious foodies. We found this place on a groupon deal and were excited to try it. It was a Friday night fish fry and the dining area was not very busy. should have been our first clue! We ordered an appetizer that was undercooked, and luke warm. The bloody Mary's were nothing to write home about, BLAH is the word that comes to mind. Our steak & lobster arrived and the lobster was clearly undercooked, close to raw. we both sent ours back to be warmed, but they came back still undercooked. The steak was good tho, no complaints. We took our undercooked food "to go" and decided never to return or recommend this place to anyone. sorry

Reviewed 27 December 2013

The Beach House has a wide selection on the menu which will please everyones taste. We had prompt and friendly service from Dee Dee. We ordered steak and chicken which were both great and very reasonably priced. Our two meals and app was $35! I would highly recommend, especially in the summer months. They have a nice outdoor area for summer nights!

Reviewed 19 October 2013

We've been to the Beach House a handful of times in the last couple years. We've always had a nice time with great service and good food. Last night we had a Groupon so my husband and I took our son and his girlfriend. I like the atmosphere. Nothing fancy. It's on the lake so its nice in summer. But last night was underwhelming.

While the service was again excellent, the food left something to be desired. My perch was good, but the side dishes were pretty awful. I had the American fries and steamed vegetables. The American fries were room temperature and very dry. The steamed veggies were laughable. It was like someone took 6 baby carrots and two pieces of broccoli, put them in a small dish, microwaved them for perhaps 10 seconds and served them. They were still hard and barely warm.

Luckily the two Old Fashioned's I had were still delicious.

I will go back because we have had better experiences here than last night, but it was very disappointing.

1  Thank plehn03
Reviewed 21 July 2013

TRY THE SOUP!! OMg homemade!! Great views very relaxing and food was made with care and attention felt like begin at home.

1  Thank laurachorba