“Loved it.”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Loved it.”
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Food was quite good. Not gormet dining but that would not be expected. This is a dupper club. They did cook the wrong kind of fish for my husband but immediately offered to bring the right item. When he said he was ok eating what they brought they said they would not charge him for his meal. All staff we interacted with were very nice. Prices very reasonable.The view is wonderful, esp. at sunset! We will go there again.

Madison, Wisconsin
“so-so”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We were hoping to sit outside for lunch on a beautiful spring day, so we chose to try the Beach House because of its outdoor seating area. We ended up inside because of smokers in this area though. Even though it was well after 1pm, we were unable to order lunch and had to order from the breakfast menu! The food was rather tasteless and undercooked ( hashbrowns soggy and broccoli in the omelette hard). Our waitress was friendly and prices not high, but cannot recommend this beyond that

• Visited May 2014
Madison, Wisconsin
“Classic Wisconsin Lake Place”
Reviewed 9 January 2014

This is a no nonsense, come as you are kinda place. While I have only been to this place this once, a few days ago, I've been to these kinds of places in Wisconsin my whole life.

We found the Beach house from Groupon or Living Social, and the offer was for steak and lobster, with 2 drinks, and appetizer. We ordered the calamari as a starter, my husband ordered a gin & tonic, and I ordered some "boat drink", I can't remember what it was called, but the waitress recommended it to me.

The drinks and calamari were perfect, and set the stage for a great meal. Our entree's came and were also excellent! My ice cold salad came at the same time, which is not my preference, but it was delicious. I was a bit surprised to be offered a wine list in this kind of place, but I ordered a nice glass to enjoy with my steak and lobster. We were "Thanksgiving Full" when we left, and promised ourselves to return this summer.

I love these kinds of places. The Beach House is exactly what you should be looking for if you want a classic Wisconsin experience. One step into the place and it's clear that this is a boating destination. It isn't fancy. It isn't expensive. The drinks are great. The staff are friendly. The decor is casual, unpretentious, and welcoming. You come to these kinds of places for the drinks, food, and hospitality.

So if you want a place where you can relax and enjoy very good food without the fuss, then this is a great place to try.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank 4tickets2travel
“Serious foodies”
Reviewed 28 December 2013

My husband and I consider ourselves serious foodies. We found this place on a groupon deal and were excited to try it. It was a Friday night fish fry and the dining area was not very busy. should have been our first clue! We ordered an appetizer that was undercooked, and luke warm. The bloody Mary's were nothing to write home about, BLAH is the word that comes to mind. Our steak & lobster arrived and the lobster was clearly undercooked, close to raw. we both sent ours back to be warmed, but they came back still undercooked. The steak was good tho, no complaints. We took our undercooked food "to go" and decided never to return or recommend this place to anyone. sorry

• Visited December 2013
Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin
“Wonderful dining!”
Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

The Beach House has a wide selection on the menu which will please everyones taste. We had prompt and friendly service from Dee Dee. We ordered steak and chicken which were both great and very reasonably priced. Our two meals and app was $35! I would highly recommend, especially in the summer months. They have a nice outdoor area for summer nights!

Visited December 2013