“Nightmare in Menomonie”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Menomonie
Sartell
“Nightmare in Menomonie”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Oh NO! This was in the King Jacuzzi suite, Memoninie WI, Room 219 on 5/9 and 5/10 2014.

When we got there, my wife noticed a greasy spooge looking stain on the bedspread. We called down and the clerk was there quickly with a replacement. While she was there I reported to her that the recliner I was sitting in didn't recline, because the legs were broken off and the mechanism was sitting on the floor.

When we were getting ready for bed, my wife noticed drippings down the picture over the bed, God knows what it was. She cleaned the pictures off and placed the facecloth she used in the hall.

I placed a wake up call for 7am for my daughters graduation, good thing my wife woke up at 7:25 or we would have missed it. The wake up call never came. I called down to the front desk and thanked them for their irresponsibility.

We placed our suit case in the Jacuzzi tub to keep crawly things out of it, only to find the next morning the tub faucet leaked and the drin had closed causing our clothes and suit case to get wet.

Oh no, we were paying $137 per night for the King Suite. It was disgusting, if it had not been graduation weekend we would have move right after we got there.

We have stayed in other AmercInn in Sartell, MN and we figured we would experience the same quality... NOT!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

2 Thank Lawrence W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We stayed this past weekend and were extremely disappointed. Arrived to an empty front desk and rang the bell 3 times before front desk clerk appeared. Turns out he was out smoking, and the entire front lobby was immediately filled with the smell of smoke when he arrived. Room was small and dirty, beds were not queen sized as we reserved. Hotel was not that busy but we were given a room right outside the ice machine, which ran noisily all night. Internet service was inadequate to be able to relax in the room and get work done online. Breakfast was just ok - nothing spectacular. We have stayed at AmericInn locations before and have not been disappointed, but we will not go back to this one. Location is convenient, right off the highway but that's about the only plus we found with this facility.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Menomonie hotels

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Compared to other options, this place is a nice place to stay in Menomonie. It is tucked away but it's not hard to find. It is right off the 94 exit, take a right by the Holiday gas station and drive behind the Econo Lodge. The rooms are fine with a coffee maker, microwave, and fridge. I always bring my own pillow to hotels because they are never just right. The beds could have used some thicker, cozier blankets considering it is Wisconsin. The staff was friendly, the breakfast was a nice plus. I couldn't find out how to turn up the heat and the phone wasn't working?? It was quiet and we got a good nights sleep and woke up to a hot breakfast so that being said, it was a good stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Indianapolis< IN
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Kind of hard to find. Had to "Google" it to see it was behind the EconoLodge.

My room was a good size. It came with a couch, coffee table and another table I used as a desk. The room was clean and comfortable as was the bed. I was a little worried that I might have an issue with kids running up and down the hall upstairs but once I got in the room I no longer heard the footsteps. Everything was warm and cozy. The pool area was very busy. There is a Denny's and Arby's close by, could have walked but it was very cold. I would stay here next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
New Richmond
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Out our window was a winter wonderland with fresh snow and trees. The breakfast in the morning was awesome! I've never seen such a nice breakfast in a hotel. Homemade waffles, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, toast, muffins, juice etc. It was great! We were stuffed! The reception area was nice and welcoming with a tv and chairs. It was right off the freeway so great to get to.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Kathy R
Waterford
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Our stay at this hotel was very nice. The only thing that bothered me was that we were in the first room #101 next to the hotel lobby and the door into the office/check-in desk kept slamming loudly. The staff apologized and said that they would try to fix the problem. They were very friendly and helpful. I think next time we stay there, I'll request a room away from the lobby/front desk area.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Lenox, Missouri
Reviewed 11 December 2013

It was a little difficult to find but I wouldn't have trouble finding my way back. The staff was warm and welcoming. My company set up the reservation for Me and after reading some reviews of the place I was worried about what i was in for. When I got there I was happily surprised with a great experience. This was my first time staying at an AmericInn but it wont be my last. The building is older and it's seems due for an update but from what I can tell it looks like they are making some changes. The bed was comfortable and my room was clean. It was a home away from home for me.

• Stayed November 2013
AmericINN M, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Menomonie, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. We work hard to ensure that our guests have a pleasant stay and want to return again. We are working on updating the hotel and are looking forward to our guests being able to see the changes that we have planned. I do understand that our location is a little difficult to find and we are working on ways that we can improve this. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to serve you and we look forward to your next visit.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Menomonie
BEST WESTERN Plus Menomonie Inn & Suites
The Lismore Hotel Eau Claire - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
Hampton Inn Eau Claire
Hampton Inn Eau Claire
#5 of 25 in Eau Claire

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Menomonie? Share your experiences!