“Clean, inexpensive, some noise/smell disturbances during night”
Review of Motel 6 Menomonie

Motel 6 Menomonie
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Menomonie
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Clean, inexpensive, some noise/smell disturbances during night”
Reviewed 3 September 2012

The motel staff were all kind and friendly, the rooms were clean. As another reviewer noted, there is nothing luxurious about the chain, but it is inexpensive. Our night was disturbed by other patrons who were very loud in the hallway. I believe they were smoking, and they brought in some kind of horrbily burnt food, the smell of which woke us all up in the early hours of the morning. Once they settled down, we were able to rest.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank AnneEKD

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Menomonie, Wisconsin
Reviewed 29 August 2012

I have stayed at many Motel 6's and this is the best Motel 6 that I have ever stayed.
The owner/manager is most likely the nicest owner/manager I have ever met in all my motel stays. I stayed there during a blizzard and he personally plowed the parking lot himself!

Unlike other Motel 6's, which offer a very limited selection of TV channels, this Motel 6 offers full, basic cable TV. There is also free coffee available until about 8 PM. There are many restaraunts and fast-food places within easy walking distance (when there is no blizzard, that is!) A K-Mart sits right next door. The rooms are small but very clean. Most of the rooms have thick walls and you cannot hear your neighbors; although you can occassionally hear people upstairs.

Also, they have the lowest weekly rates for a motel that I have ever seen! If you stay on the weekly rate, you will be charged only $27 a night (tax included!). The daily rate is not shabby either--$42 a night (tax included).

However, this trip did come with an interesting sideshow and Bob (the owner/manager) handled it quite well. There was a strange gentleman knocking on people's doors claiming to be Hotel Security and asking weird questions. When Bob got wind of this, he banned the gentleman for life from his property and was told should he attempt to return, he would be arrested.
I stayed there for weeks at a time; and nothing like that had happened before. That incident was an anomoly. This Motel 6 is normally quite safe.

I would stay here again and again. This is the best motel in Menomonie!

Room Tip: If you can, try to get a room on the top floor. This motel actually has three floors. The third floo...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Pat S
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 25 July 2012

My family and I came into Menomonie WI for a family wedding in July 2012. We'd read the complimentary reviews about Motel 6 and booked 10 rooms. Our stay was very pleasurable-unlike our other relatives whom had chosen to stay at other hotels in Menomonie. Motel 6 in Menomonie is THE hotel for great customer service and cleanliness!

Room Tip: It doesn't matter which room one chooses here-ALL are fantastic!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Tampa FL
Reviewed 25 July 2012

I came into town to visit family for a wedding-I jumped on this website to check out reviews, at my son's suggestion. The reviews were excellent and so was my stay. If I ever came back into town to visit my family again, I will definitely choose the Motel 6!

Room Tip: I got a room right by the front door, due to my disability. It was very convienient and quite comfo...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Prairie Farm WI
Reviewed 25 July 2012

I recently stayed at the Motel 6 in Menomonie WI and found the experience wonderful! The hotel room was very clean and spacious. The hotel staff were kind and helpful-I would highly reccomend staying at this hotel to anybody!

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor and heard no noise from other people.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Grantsburg, Wisconsin
Reviewed 26 June 2012

If you're looking to stay at a great hotel/motel in Menomonie and you're on a budget, Motel 6 is the place to go. We paid $47.99/night (online) for a room with one queen-sized bed. The room was very basic, but super-clean! The friendly staff was an added bonus. I highly recommend it, and I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank MusicTeacher124
La Crosse
Reviewed 19 June 2012

It was clean, comfortable, affordable. This hotel chain says facial tissue is not included, although really good cable TV is! STRANGE!

Room Tip: Stay at a place that provides breakfast. Coffee is thin!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Menomonie
Best Western Plus Menomonie Inn & Suites
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#10 of 25 in Eau Claire
Sleep Inn & Suites Conference Center

Been to Motel 6 Menomonie? Share your experiences!