“Great value”
Review of Motel 6 Menomonie

Motel 6 Menomonie
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Menomonie
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Stayed one night on our way to Minneapolis. The Hotel is clean. the room was immaculate and the staff is very friendly. No frills but a great value for the price. Easy access off of Interstate 94. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Csmith89

Reviewed 1 August 2013

When I first walked in, everything seemed fine. But then we met the clerk. When we requested a room on first floor, we were given response with attitude. I did not like his tone at all. After a long check in process, we went to our rooms only to find out that the rooms smelled, like waste water! The mattresses were hard and lumpy, and had stains on them. It looked like someone wet the bed about fifty times! The air in the rooms seemed very stale, and the air conditioning barely worked. With kids, every time they crawled under the bed, they came out with something new. First a beer can, then a condom (thank GOD it was wrapped). Don't think anyone ever looks under the beds! This hotel is also poorly located and hard to find. Rightfully so. Don't wish it upon anyone to find this place. If you want cheap, this is the place. If you want sleep and piece of mind I would stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Make sure to look at the room before you commit!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Menomonie, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2013

Dear 658SusH - Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We sincerely apologize for the bed conditions, cleanliness, odor and service issues you encountered during your stay; these conditions are certainly not consistent with our quality standards at Motel 6. Please kindly contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

I've often said that I don't need fancy in a hotel, I just need it to be clean and comfortable. Motel 6 is exactly that. This is a no frills property but how can you go wrong when the price is unbelievable and the rooms are clean and quite comfortable. For less than $50 a night I had a room with a fridge and microwave! I have stayed at this property before and all three times the staff has been very nice, the rooms have been spotlessly clean and the beds have been very comfortable. These rooms are small, but fine for one or two people. I have only two suggestions for this hotel; the rooms could use some updating and it would be good to see the staff in a nicer, more professional uniform instead of faded polo shirts and jeans and no nametags.
Overall, I am very happy with this hotel and I will definitely stay here in my trip to Menomonie.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank holly w
Reviewed 23 July 2013

My husband and I booked this hotel at 1am after 10 hours on the road.. Just looking for a bed and a shower- this was the place! The service at front desk was great and the room was clean and comfortable. It was very "no frills" but better than I expected for the price we paid! Ac worked, tv worked, and the water pressure was great in the shower! Definitely a good find for a simple night's sleep!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Lexmarie
Reviewed 26 June 2013 via mobile

Arrived just before midnight. Front desk very pleasant. Location just off interstate with Perkin's and Denny's in vicinity. McDonald's a bit further down road. Room obviously not exceptional but clean. AC worked well. Only complaint is that soundproofing was not a priority in construction. Thought person walking into adjoining room was coming into ours and could hear some talking at other times. Not enough of a nuisance to keep me from sleeping after day on road though.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank valley2012
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We stayed here for 25 days while waiting for our new home to be built in Chippewa Falls. Just thinking before hand of staying in a motel 6 for this amount of time frustrated me. This hotel made a horrible experience of not having a "home" something nice. The staff is excellent, housekeeping is on top of things and they took my cat! The price was right and the hotel and grounds are very clean. It could have been a horrid experience, but we made the best of it and the staff made it nice. I would not hesitate to recommend this motel 6 location. Thanks for putting up with us, we appreciate it very much!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank beckyvan1961
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Stayed 2 nights on work break - great value, clean, friendly, family run, beds and pillows pretty good, close to lots of amenities and lots of large truck parking. 3 floors and has elevator.
Not a newly remodelled Motel 6 but clean and decent size. Sure could use spending few dollars on tvs but they work and lots of channels.
Coffee in morning only, with powder creamer YUK. Have to go out for real stuff. If you order out Pizza - gotta try Jeffs with Jeffs sauce OMG awesome. can't beat the place for the price and feel safe and clean.
NO SMOKING ANYWHERE IN MOTELS IN WI SO NOT JUST HERE..
have picnic tables and nice property for walks, pets, etc..

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Howeller63
Also consider these accommodations in or near Menomonie
Best Western Plus Menomonie Inn & Suites
#22 of 25 in Eau Claire
Super 8 Menomonie WI
Super 8 Menomonie WI
#2 of 7 in Menomonie

Been to Motel 6 Menomonie? Share your experiences!