“Friendly Place (Motel 6 - Menomonie WI)”
Review of Motel 6 Menomonie

Motel 6 Menomonie
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Menomonie
Indianapolis
“Friendly Place (Motel 6 - Menomonie WI)”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Good string of link with motel 6 lately. Another decent property located at exit 41 off I-94 in Wisconsin. They are repaving the parking lots. I was transporting a schoolbus so I parked in the large area anyway. First off, this hotel front desk personnel are amazing. I believe her name was Amber. Amber is genuinely bubbly. Hospitality is real with her. This made the rest of the night go well. Definitely worth staying again. Clean location. A small college town. An hour from the twin cities.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Stratford, Wisconsin
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I had made reservations months in advance at this motel through hotels.com. The trouble started the night of check-in...My husband and I were at a local music festival, so we were going to be checking in quite late (after midnight). Around 11:40 PM, someone from the motel left a message on my phone asking me to call to notify them if I was still planning on checking in that night. Of course I was coming...I had a reservation!!! I called back as soon as I got the message, around 12:10 AM (I didn't have my phone until that time). I explained that yes, I was still checking in, and I'd be there shortly. She proceeded to tell me that she SOLD OUR ROOM TO SOMEONE ELSE because she hadn't heard from me and the motel was sold-out. WHAT??? To complicate things further, she proceeded to tell me that all the motels in Menomonie were sold out for that night as well. I asked her why she would sell our room being that it was booked months in advance and paid for (or so I thought). She said she did so because she had 5 people inquire about rooms that night and when she ran my credit card number it was denied. I thought hotels didn't charge you until the day you checked out??? If for some reason that card really was denied, I would have used a different card. She apologized for the inconvenience and offered to locate a room elsewhere for us. After about 30 minutes, she called back and said she found a hotel with a vacancy...in Minneapolis, MN...over an hour away.

Moral of the story...if you book reservations in advance, don't count on this motel to have a room for you when you arrive!!!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
bwillow, Owner at Motel 6 Menomonie, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
The policy of this hotel, and I believe all in the lodging industry, is that you must have a valid credit card to hold a guaranteed reservation. The reason for this policy is that the guest will be charged for the room if they do not show. The hotel guarantees a room and the guest guarantees payment.

We check the validity of all cards for guaranteed reservation when the guest has not checked in by 11 PM. . The reason for this is as you can imagine we cannot wait until we close the books and then realize we will not receive reimbursements for a no show. This gives the hotel the opportunity to sell the room to someone else. The evening you referred to we had already turned away more than 30 other potential guests. On such a busy night we cannot lose the revenue from a room that most certainly could be sold to another person. When your card was checked it was declined and therefore your room was no longer guaranteed.

We did attempt to reach you on the phone number given before releasing your reservation. After you called, the front desk clerk further spent over an hour attempting to find a room in another hotel for you.

We are sorry for the inconvenience this caused you, but we followed standard hotel practices.

Bob
Owner
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 5 July 2014

As a frequent guest of the motel throughout the past 12 years, I was disappointed in a recent stay during which steep decline in quality was noted. Front desk staff was terrific as always. Problems included the following.

* unleashed dog (pet of motel guests) running through parking lot, around, and on other guests who were attempting to gather luggage and enter motel
* upper level floor on which room was located smelled strongly of boiled cabbage
* housekeeping lacking: hair on and around bathroom counter, dirt and scuff marks on walls, dirty/spotted carpet, dust apparent on all level surfaces, filthy window sills and tracks, grimy doors especially around handles/locks
* drunken guest and friend(s) attempted to enter my locked room for several l-o-n-g minutes - fortunately he eventually located his own room

This location was formerly desirable for its clean and safe environment. My last stay was highly undesirable as it was neither clean nor felt safe. With the large number of motels in this town, it's time to find another.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
bwillow, Owner at Motel 6 Menomonie, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
We apologize for your experience on your last visit. We take your comments very seriously. We will address your complaints with those employees responsible. The behavior of other guests is a tough one for us to fix. However, prompt notice to the front desk is the best way to take immediate care of these situations.

We appreciate your letting us know and will do our best to take appropriate action. Please give us another try.

Bob, Owner
Lake Mills, Wisconsin
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I just needed a place to sleep for one night. That is what I got. Friendly staff greeted me and checked me in quickly and efficiently. Room was spartan as expected but had a comfy bed and a warm shower. It was clean and neat. Granted there is no artwork or much color other than the bedspread, No tissues or shampoo provided but I had my own and liked saving $20 over any other place in town.

Room Tip: I went for 3rd floor away from the elevator to avoid noise from other guests as much as possible.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Taylor, Wisconsin
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Needed a hotel for a couple nights when my daughter got married. No time for a pool, etc. so didn't miss them at this hotel. Room wasn't as large as other hotels I have stayed at but it was a decent size. Room was clean, bathroom was clean and roomy. Probably my biggest complaint about the room was that the tv was best viewed from the bed near the window, and I was in the bed closest to the door. The front desk manager was friendly and our room was quiet. There is not free breakfast here, though there is coffee in the lobby.Someone is needed to remove the large amount of weeds around the shrubs at the front of the building, they detract from the overall first impression of the hotel. For the price this place can't be beat. I would definitely stay here again if I need a hotel room in the area again. A

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Encinitas, California
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I stay in hotels every week of the year. I feel the Motel 6 chain has lost their way. In general I find that they are no longer well-managed nor clean and often they are staffed by completely inept people. As such I usually avoid them. However this place is a gem, and I return whenever I am in the area. The front desk is both very friendly and efficient. My room was sparklingly clean. The hotel has interior corridors with an elevator, and it is located in a safe and quite area off the freeway. The property is in good condition with plenty of parking, and they even have a space for semis and other large vehicles. Their free internet connection worked well for my needs. Plenty of hot water, and good coffee in the morning. The rest of the chain needs to learn from these folks.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank Edward M
Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
Reviewed 28 April 2014

we had 7 girls that stayed here over the weekend of 4/27/14 we had a great time. We knew we were not going to be spending much time in our rooms. we only needed to sleep. the beds were just fine for the 4 hours we were in them. You can't beat the price. The hotel was very clean, the staff was very nice and respectable. After coming in after bar close and having the front desk woman look at us all when we still walked in with booze in our arms she just smiled and said to have fun and she would let us know if we are being a problem. Which I'm guessing we were not because we had no complaints. I would recommend this hotel to anyone passing through. They could update their TV's as they were the old box tubes, but we never even turned on the TV. The coffee in the morning in the lobby was delicious too!

Room Tip: as if any rooms have upgraded TV's, and bring your own shampoo!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank city_hick_chick
Also consider these accommodations in or near Menomonie
Best Western Plus Menomonie Inn & Suites
Motel 6 Eau Claire
#20 of 25 in Eau Claire
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Eau Claire
Sleep Inn & Suites Conference Center

Been to Motel 6 Menomonie? Share your experiences!