Motel 6 Menomonie
Average 3/5
Average 3/5
Very Good 4/5
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsno frillsfront desklow priceroom was cleannice sizebasic lodginggreat value for the pricewould stay here againthe owner managerthree nightsinternet servicegreat customer serviceeau clairein townamenitiespillowsbob
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Our weekend stay at the Menomonie Motel 6 was a very pleasant experience. Every staff member we interacted with was genuinely friendly, professional and accommodating to our needs. The rooms were clean and comfortable; nothing extravagant but definitely adequate. This facility gives every appearance of being one of the best managed motels I have stayed at in a long while.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steve W
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

We needed someplace reasonably priced off the I-94. We found it! $50 per room. Front desk clerk Amanda was super perky, even at our 10pm check in. Listen for her friendly "all-righty!" Clean, quiet No-Frills hotel. We stayed in two rooms with two double beds, though queen rooms were also available. Room was spacious with lots of counter space. Bathroom was newly renovated with a more accessible shower/ tub setup with grab bar, seat and small step to get in. Great for seniors or anybody with mobility issues.
There was free wifi, clean laundry area on the second floor, fresh coffee, ice and vending machines near the front desk/ elevator. TV's are old fashioned, but we weren't there to surf the net or watch TV...we were there to sleep. And sleep we did. Even the early birds of the group slept in! It put us off our schedule, we slept so well. Late checkout at noon allowed this. Beds were comfortable, pillows were soft and mushy, so ask for an extra if you're a side or back sleeper. Thermostat was limited to a range of a few degrees 68-72 F, but 68 was comfortable for us. No breakfast, but Denny's and Perkins are a short walk away. We would stay here again!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Good string of link with motel 6 lately. Another decent property located at exit 41 off I-94 in Wisconsin. They are repaving the parking lots. I was transporting a schoolbus so I parked in the large area anyway. First off, this hotel front desk personnel are amazing. I believe her name was Amber. Amber is genuinely bubbly. Hospitality is real with her. This made the rest of the night go well. Definitely worth staying again. Clean location. A small college town. An hour from the twin cities.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I had made reservations months in advance at this motel through hotels.com. The trouble started the night of check-in...My husband and I were at a local music festival, so we were going to be checking in quite late (after midnight). Around 11:40 PM, someone from the motel left a message on my phone asking me to call to notify them if I was still planning on checking in that night. Of course I was coming...I had a reservation!!! I called back as soon as I got the message, around 12:10 AM (I didn't have my phone until that time). I explained that yes, I was still checking in, and I'd be there shortly. She proceeded to tell me that she SOLD OUR ROOM TO SOMEONE ELSE because she hadn't heard from me and the motel was sold-out. WHAT??? To complicate things further, she proceeded to tell me that all the motels in Menomonie were sold out for that night as well. I asked her why she would sell our room being that it was booked months in advance and paid for (or so I thought). She said she did so because she had 5 people inquire about rooms that night and when she ran my credit card number it was denied. I thought hotels didn't charge you until the day you checked out??? If for some reason that card really was denied, I would have used a different card. She apologized for the inconvenience and offered to locate a room elsewhere for us. After about 30 minutes, she called back and said she found a hotel with a vacancy...in Minneapolis, MN...over an hour away.

Moral of the story...if you book reservations in advance, don't count on this motel to have a room for you when you arrive!!!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
bwillow, Owner at Motel 6 Menomonie, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

The policy of this hotel, and I believe all in the lodging industry, is that you must have a valid credit card to hold a guaranteed reservation. The reason for this policy is that the guest will be charged for the room if they do not show. The hotel guarantees a room and the guest guarantees payment.

We check the validity of all cards for guaranteed reservation when the guest has not checked in by 11 PM. . The reason for this is as you can imagine we cannot wait until we close the books and then realize we will not receive reimbursements for a no show. This gives the hotel the opportunity to sell the room to someone else. The evening you referred to we had already turned away more than 30 other potential guests. On such a busy night we cannot lose the revenue from a room that most certainly could be sold to another person. When your card was checked it was declined and therefore your room was no longer guaranteed.

We did attempt to reach you on the phone number given before releasing your reservation. After you called, the front desk clerk further spent over an hour attempting to find a room in another hotel for you.

We are sorry for the inconvenience this caused you, but we followed standard hotel practices.

Bob
Owner

Reviewed 5 July 2014

As a frequent guest of the motel throughout the past 12 years, I was disappointed in a recent stay during which steep decline in quality was noted. Front desk staff was terrific as always. Problems included the following.

* unleashed dog (pet of motel guests) running through parking lot, around, and on other guests who were attempting to gather luggage and enter motel
* upper level floor on which room was located smelled strongly of boiled cabbage
* housekeeping lacking: hair on and around bathroom counter, dirt and scuff marks on walls, dirty/spotted carpet, dust apparent on all level surfaces, filthy window sills and tracks, grimy doors especially around handles/locks
* drunken guest and friend(s) attempted to enter my locked room for several l-o-n-g minutes - fortunately he eventually located his own room

This location was formerly desirable for its clean and safe environment. My last stay was highly undesirable as it was neither clean nor felt safe. With the large number of motels in this town, it's time to find another.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
bwillow, Owner at Motel 6 Menomonie, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

We apologize for your experience on your last visit. We take your comments very seriously. We will address your complaints with those employees responsible. The behavior of other guests is a tough one for us to fix. However, prompt notice to the front desk is the best way to take immediate care of these situations.

We appreciate your letting us know and will do our best to take appropriate action. Please give us another try.

Bob, Owner