“Very nice Motel 6” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Menomonie
Milwaukee
“Very nice Motel 6”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2010

Motel 6 hotels can be hit or miss - this one was pretty good. Clean room, updated, very nice. They offer free WiFi, and the speed and service is as good as any full scale hotel I have stayed in (be sure to book on line before coming in - can save you a few dollars off the rack rate). Add that to the reasonable price and it is an affordable winner!

I stayed here for two nights due to getting trapped in a blizzard storm (included the freeway being closed). The price was right for an emergency stop - only issue would have been the time it took to plow the parking lot. There were a lot of upset people at the hotel, as check out was at noon - but the lot was't plowed out until after 1:30. There were people stranded at the hotel who were forced to check out - and then couldn't leave the property because it wasn't plowed (and the front desk apparently wasn't about to call the plowing contractor to see when it would be cleared). Another shoker was that I went out to my truck about an hour before check out to get a phone number and clean off the windows. Came back in after 15 minutes to find that even though I hadn't checked out yet, my room had been entered by housekeeping and they stripped down the bed to the mattress and took out all of the towels. I thought that was strange.

Anyhow, as long as it is not blizzard weather, I would advise this as a good and affordable place to stay if you just need a smaller yet clean place to rest the night. I will stay here again if I am ever in the area (during summer!)! :-)

(I travel all over the country with my job, and I contribute on EVERY hotel I stay in. Trip Advisor has been a great tool for me, and I contribute fairly, for both good and bad facilities.)

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank FunnyFisher

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Gillette
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2010

After having stayed at various other motels that charge an arm and a leg for just resting my head and showering after a long drive, I have always had a positive experience staying at Motel 6 locations. This location was extra nice because of it being situated in beautiful northwestern Wisconsin northwoods area. The check-in person was friendly and cordial and made me feel right at home. This area also provides many places to dine with a few within even walking distance if you don't feel like driving, especially after driving a long distance. For the value, I really liked staying at this Motel 6 because you get value for your dollar and a pretty area to view. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank Trainman91
NEENAH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2010

Traveling to and from Minneapolis MN for business and I needed a quite safe place to stay. Tried the Menomonie Motel6 on the trip to Minneapolis and on the way back home I decided not to push my travels into the late night and once again stayed at the Motel6. Very pleased.

I am self employed and very aware of the out of pocket expenses ... Motel6 charged me $46 out the door for a safe, clean environment.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Jeff L
Waldo, Wisconsin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2010

We were either really unlucky or they were having an unfortunate weekend during the time we stayed at this hotel. Reservations and check-in were easy and went smoothly, and our room seemed fine-- we dropped off our bags, freshened up a bit and went to meet our daughter at her apartment in town. Other than noticing that there were no facial tissues supplied in the room, things seemed okay-- the room appeared clean and although very basic looked like it would serve the purpose, which was a place to sleep the night before moving our son into his dorm room.

When we returned to our room later that evening, around 8:30, we smelled a very strong stale smoke odor in the hallway outside our room. Much to our dismay, the smell was not confined to the hallway-- it also smelled of stale cigarette smoke in our room. This was confusing because it had seemed fine earlier that day. We should have requested a different room right then, and I regret that I didn't because our entire family had after effects, from headaches to a general feeling of lethargy and not having gotten a good night's sleep-- unrested.

In addition to the offensive odor, we also were treated to A LOT of noise on the floor above us around 2:30 in the morning. At one point it almost sounded like someone had jumped off of something and was going to come crashing through the ceiling right into our room. I understand management cannot control all of the guests actions all of the time, but this problem I attribute more to the construction of the building, as in NO sound-proofing what-so-ever.

Overall I guess you get what you pay for. We paid $50 for a Saturday night, and I realize that is on the inexpensive side, but it would really have been nice to at least have a box of facial tissue provided in the room. There also was no clock, but the free wireless internet seemed to be working which was at least something. If it wouldn't have been for the smoke odor, our stay would have been acceptable, the staff seemed friendly and helpful, but I wouldn't recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2010

Great for one night. Room had 2 beds and was comfortable. It's on the small size, but we were only passing through for the night. It was a bit noisy in the hallway, but didn't last all night. No alarm clock, but they'll wake you if requested. Staff was nice and friendly. You can't beat the price. Breakfast at the Menomenie Family Restaurant was excellent!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PlanetR
Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2010

Stayed here after an all-day drive and we got what we were looking for - a cheap place to get a few hours of sleep before hitting the road again. Our room was clean and the front-desk staff was very friendly. The room was pretty basic - bathroom, one bed, small TV that was on the fritz and no alarm clock. Not bad for $43. Surprisingly it was cleaner and the washroom amenities were more up to date than some hotel rooms that are triple the price. Free high speed Internet. Highly recommended for people who are passing through on a road trip.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kanaduh
Alexandria, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2009

This motel is definitely a good value for the price. It's conveniently located from the interstate and very clean. It may be the smallest motel room I've ever stayed in, and poor soundproofing. I got a lot of hallway noise at all hours of the night as well as noise from the room next door through the wall. The staff was all friendly and made an effort to be helpful, and were quick to find me a thinner pillow when I requested one. Internet service went off several times. It usually came back on in a few minutes, but once I had to call the desk to ask them to reset the connection. All in all, I don't think you could beat the price.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank cjsalexva
Also consider these accommodations in or near Menomonie
BEST WESTERN Plus Menomonie Inn & Suites
#13 of 25 in Eau Claire
Motel 6 Eau Claire
Motel 6 Eau Claire
#20 of 25 in Eau Claire

Been to Motel 6 Menomonie? Share your experiences!