“Something different for a quick meal”
Review of Dickey's Barbecue Pit - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Dickey's Barbecue Pit
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: You have other locations for this chain, but not this one.
Description: You have other locations for this chain, but not this one.
Reviewed 4 June 2013 via mobile

We were looking for a quick meal and didn't want the normal fast food Burger or taco places. The staff welcomed us right away and told us about the daily special. The pulled pork was good. The baked beans were excellent. Slaw was not to my liking. The pickles were great tasting and the free ice cream for desert it was a nice little added bonus.

Reviewed 17 May 2013

The pulled pork sandwiches were excellent. The beef brisket sandwiches were a bit dry. The baked beans were way too smokey tasting.
There were 3 kinds of sauce and all were good. You could have a pickle from the big pickle jar. Free soft serve ice cream. Serve yourself soda.
The guys working there were very friendly and pleasant.

Reviewed 17 May 2013

Picked up my grandson from UWSTOUT and seen this place on way into town and decided to try it. He had only tried it once with no real feeling for the place but knew I do a lot of smoking and BBQ so we tried it.
Very friendly and helpful staff that night. Explained the order process and all the possibilities on how to order. You order at the counter and they individually prepare the food and deliver to your table. You order the items and sides separately. And there is three heated BBQ sauces next to the drink dispenser along with a large jar of dill pickle slices for condiments you serve yourself. They also have a selfserve free ice cream dispenser for desert.
Food was average for BBQ. The brisket had flavor but was rather dry. The pulled pork was bland and not to moist. I prefer using a good dry rub when Qing and then glazing with sauce at the end of the smoke. This franchise didn't use a spicy rub and let's you add the sauce after ordering from the service bar. There are 3 sauces and were adequate. I would prefer the mild sauce be added during cooking and then you could adjust spicing with the service bar. Sides were average, however the beans tasted like they were made with liquid smoke and were to strong.

Would I return? Probably if I couldn't find another BBQ place next time I return to STOUT. I would try some of their other meats, and the soft serve made a good "black cow" drink chaser.

Reviewed 25 October 2012

The overall experience was average. Food was good and plentiful but it was a little pricey. We didn't eat at the restaurant, but took it back to our hotel room. Side dish of Onions were very good, the coleslaw not to my liking. Nothing like the Train Depot in LaCrosse, WI, that's for sure!

Reviewed 6 October 2012

The food was good, service was good, a little pricey for fast food.............9 or 10 dollars for a small plate-but plenty of food.........no corn bread :(... but free ice cream.....:)