“Pecan pie, Salmon Dinner”

Cafe Hollander - Mequon
Ranked #9 of 75 Restaurants in Mequon
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I started the title of the review, with the dessert because it was memorable. Deep dish pecan pie, it really was. The salmon dinner I had was done right with a great sauce. fingerling potatoes, were too few. All in all, would go back again. Many, many beer choices.
Our server seemed like she had too many tables, but she was friendly.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The service is always great, the food is very good and the prices are very reasonable. I have not had anything to say that would keep me from going there as often as I can.

Kevin P, General Manager at Cafe Hollander - Mequon, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Michael. Thanks for the great review. We're glad you enjoy our cafe as much as we do! We'll see you soon!

Reviewed 14 June 2018

I've wanted to try this restaurant for a long time, finally had a chance to, with friends. We were there for lunch, sat inside.They keep all of the windows open and a cold wind was blowing in which made it rather uncomfortable. If there is ever quiche on a menu, I usually order it as I love quiche. This was a disappointment. It's the first time I've ever had quiche with a crust so tough I could not cut it with a knife, literally! It was certainly microwaved. It was served with a small salad that was delicious. Waiter was okay. I really don't care to return to this restaurant.

1  Thank Marilinda69

Hi Marilinda69. I apologize that you had some issues during your experience. We've brought up the concerns to our team and will do our best to make our food better and provide a better atmosphere. If you'd like, you can email me at hollandermequon@lowlandsgroup.com to discuss further. Thanks for the feedback.

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

If you’re a Belgium beer fan then this is your place. Well over thirty on tap and even more in a bottle. If you get confused, start with the Leffe Blonde.

Hi Yogiacomo. Thanks for the great review! We're glad you enjoy our cafe, so we'll see you next time!

Reviewed 6 June 2018

There were 5 people in our party, 4 of us ordered omelets , 1 a quiche. Only the person with the quiche finished the entire portion of quiche; the rest left most of their omelet. untouched.The omelets were disappointing, 1 was undercooked, the rest were bland, overcooked, and apparently pre-mixed. One person asked if sausage could be omitted from the omelet , he was told the server checked with the kitchen and was told everything was premixed so it had to come with sausage . The fingerling potatoes were bland, and just not good. No one ate theirs. The ice tea was from a mix, and tasted like it. One person sent theirs back. I suspect the server was new, she didn't appear to know the menu offerings. When straws were asked for , she brought one at a time, holding the unwrapped straw in her hand. All in all it was a disappointing expensive experience.

Kevin P, General Manager at Cafe Hollander - Mequon, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2018

Hello,

Thanks for the feedback. I'm sorry that you had a poor experience. If you could, please email more details to hollandermequon@lowlandsgroup.com. We can then try to pinpoint who served you and try to remedy the issues that you encountered.

Cafe Hollander