“Excellent Hot Pot Dish” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
milwaukee
“Excellent Hot Pot Dish”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2013

Two months ago, Mequon gained a very good new restaurant, Vietnamese Noodles. We had their Shaking Filet Mignon and the Hot Rice Pot (#50). The hot pot was great! The service was somewhat slow the three times I've been there in two months, however, I get the impression that they are trying hard and just need to learn a bit about timing their food. Ordering appetizers which come out quickly help pass the time.

The restaurant is very clean and staff nice. Hope they stay in business.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Midwest
“Probably wont return”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2013

There is certainly some potential for this new restaurant, but we found our lunch below expectations. Our expectations were for something like what we have had in Chicago or Little Saigon in California. Both chicken and beef Pho dishes were tasteless, while the egg rolls and stir fry dishes were just average. While everything looked spotless in the restaurant, two in our group felt ill later that day

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Missika
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Finally a good Vietnamese restaurant in the Milwaukee area”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2013

My first impression of the new Vietnamese Noodle restaurant in Mequon was upbeat. There is a contemporary, clean airy feel with a lot of thought on decor. Then I received an extensive menu from a very pleasant waitress. A friend and I tried the pork spring rolls and they were textural and tasty....quite delicious. We also split the special noodle combo dish with shrimp and beef and pork and chicken. The sauce was delicious and very flavorful. We also split a number 8, which was the beef pho. That didn't have as much variety or flavor and I would probably not order that again. But the two other items were so good, I would definitely return. One of the owners, a young man, came to our table to converse. He was very pleasant and sincerely welcoming. I told him that I was happy that a restaurant as good as those on Argyle Street in Chicago (a Vietnamese restaurant area) had located in the Milwaukee area. To my surprise, he said he is from the family of one of those restaurants on Argyle and had come here to manage the Milwaukee area. Welcome. I will definitely return to try many of the other choices on the menu.

Sheboygan, Wisconsin
“I finally don't have to get on a plane to get good Vietnamese food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2013

I am Vietnamese and spent most of my life in Philadelphia, within walking distance of at least 5 Pho Restaurants. I normally would have to go back to Philly or to California for good Vietnamese food. Not any longer. This place is as good as Vietnamese food gets (the owner relocated from California.)

Pho is all about the broth and theirs is great. There is nothing like a not bowl of Pho on a cold Wisconsin winter day.
The vermicelli special is also delicious. They also have Bun Bo Hue as a special on the weekend