“Great Margheritas!!”

Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Wisconsin
“Great Margheritas!!”
Reviewed 14 October 2010

They also have a great seafood enchilada! All their food is fabulous. Great atmosphere, and in the warmenr months you can sit outside.

Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
“Highland House Not as Flavorfull as Expected”
Reviewed 9 March 2010

Had lunch there today. Great staff. Great atmosphere. I REALLY wanted to love this place, as they seem to be doing everything right.

Here we go...The no alcohol strawberry margarita had no taste. (I know- that's what I get for ordering it with no alcohol!) It was just that red dyed slushy stuff. It actually stained the table! Taco Bells slushy fruit drinks are actually much better.

My friends soda got refilled without her even asking. My water came with lemon, nor did I have to ask for that either, so that was great.

Nice warm chips brought to the table almost as soon as we sat down. Dusted with some sort of a Mexican Seasoning. The salsa was the consistancy of applesauce and had absolutely no zip. NO flavor. Ate it because it was there and we were starving. If I was blind I would have had no idea what was in the salsa or that it even was salsa.

I had a taste for cashew chicken salad. Got a chintzy scoop on a large bed of gourmet salad greens. Had to pick out 3-5 of the leaves that had gone bad (slimey). Chicken salad was good. Grape tomatoes were sweet and fresh.

I think this place could rate higher if they paid a bit more attention to details as I described above and not rested on their past acomplishments.

I will try again before they get a thumbs down from me. I was just expecting more FLAVOR.

1 Thank mailboxlady
Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Horrible!”
Reviewed 3 March 2010

I advise you NOT to eat here. Last time i did, there was hair in my salsa, and my fajitas were raw. It took 90 minutes for our food to come. It was truly a horrible experience. DO NOT EAT HERE

1 Thank JimBob9898
Chicago, IL
“Consistently great food and fun atmosphere”
Reviewed 26 October 2009

I live in Chicago and travel to Milwaukee frequently. Whenever I get the chance, I dine at the Highland House. The menu is diverse and food excellent. I LOVE Mexican food and the Mexican food at the Highland House is really great, but they also have pasta dishes and fish dishes that are out of this world! If you are near Milwaukee don’t miss a treat by dining at the Highland House!

1 Thank TravelGalChicago39
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“awesome atmosphere, delicious food”
Reviewed 26 September 2009

My boyfriend and I went here after a movie. (Great location, near the theater). Caribbean flair and great atmosphere. There were quite a few people because it was a Saturday night, but we were seated within 10 minutes and sat at the bar for a drink. They have Fat Tire on tap. Awesome. I ordered a dirty martini, but it wasn't made properly -- they didn't put olive juice in it. Still good though. They have fantastic margaritas and delicious food. I had the pineapple chicken stir fry. The ingredients were all fresh and well-seasoned. My boyfriend had the full rack of ribs, garlic smashed potatoes and mixed veggies. The meat fell right off the bone. Very friendly waitstaff. They also have outdoor seating, which would be great for the summer. I'd definitely would go back again.

1 Thank eschulz3