“Wonderful stay”

Chalet Motel Of Mequon
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Mequon
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I spent two weeks at the Chalet in January. Don't believe any negative reviews!!! This was an awesome stay. Staff was amazing, friendly, and housekeeping was impeccable. The rooms were clean, no smell, and the bed was absolutely the most comfortable bed I have slept on in a motel/hotel. Noise was not a problem. There is a small but adequate laundry room (free of charge). The owner/managers gave me tips on where to find the best coffee and places to eat, as well as where the grocery stores were. The mini kitchen really came in handy, I didn't have to go out for breakfast or dinner if I didn't want to. Check in and check out were easy and quick, and there was always enough parking. They have a Mexican restaurant right next door... yummy. I will stay here in the future!

Room Tip: A room upstairs means you don't have to hear people walking above you :)
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 11 January 2013

After recently exploring the fabulous Art Museum of Milwaukee for a long day's visit, we decided to venture north (a short and lovely drive along Lake Michigan) for an overnight stay rather than choose among some pricey options in the downtown. (Also, we wanted to stay north of the downtown as our next day's activity centered on visiting the quaint town of Cedarburg.) The Chalet Motel in Mequon proved to provide excellent value. In addition to its affordability--half the price of one in downtown Milwaukee--the hotel room was large, comfortable, and spotlessly clean. As some reviewers have noted, the hotel is older--but it is very well maintained. Our room had an enormous fully tiled bathroom. The office staff were both inviting and efficient. As we stayed in winter, traffic along Port Washington Road was not busy or noisy, though this might not be the case in other seasons. We definitely would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Wayne P
Reviewed 10 October 2012

This motel was really perfect for us. We were on a girls get away weekend. We were fifteen minutes from Cedarburg, which was our destination. However, we found such great places to eat and drink so close, like Ferrante's and Centennial's! Really wish we'd have had more time to explore that area. We kept getting lost, but that was part of the fun! Locals are so friendly and pointed out short cuts and off the beaten path places. Take the back way to Cedarburg through Theinsville! Nice Harley shop there and a fun place called Remmington's River Inn, didn't have time to eat there but what WONDERFUL bloody mary's! Back to the hotel, yes it's older, that's the interesting part, and SO clean. We will def return for Christmas shopping trip!! I loved the little balcony, would have been relaxing to be able to sit out there.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank plattfamily44
Reviewed 3 October 2012

I had never stayed in a motel before my one-night stay on 9/27/12. The woman checking me in (one of the owners, I presume) was very friendly. My room was clean and comfy and everything was in working order. The only quibble I had was the lack of CNN. Motel sits right along a busy road, so you'll hear the traffic, but it was never loud enough to be distracting.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 September 2012

My husband and I chose the Chalet Motel after reading the reviews and response from the motel. It was nice to see they read reviews and actually respond, but most importantly, take to heart their business and what people are saying.

The motel is made up of 3 different buildings all next to each other. We arrived early and we were able to get in the room right away! Driving up tp the motel, was a nice surprise. We normally stay at chain hotels, but wanted something different. We are so glad we decided to stay here.

We did stay in an executive suite, a little more than the regular room, but worth it and glad we chose this room. It had a nice leather recliner, a work desk and the free wireless internet for sure a plus! The room also had a coffee maker, fridge and microwave. The shampoo and lotion smelled good too. It was nice to see actual windows that opened and let the perfect fall air in the room. The pillows were very comfortable as well as the bed. The bedding was also very soft and warm. Everything was just perfect!! Would recommend this motel to anyone.

Room Tip: I always like to be on the highest floor
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank wisnoopy7
Reviewed 22 September 2012

My wife and I spent one night here while checking out Cedarburg. We normally stay at Holiday Inns, Marriotts or similar, but on this trip we wanted a different experience. So we found The Chalet and we were very pleasantly surprised! We stayed in the executive suite. It was very nice, had a leather recliner, a desk and a nice king bed. The room was very clean! If you a looking for a totally modern room with all the amenities, breakfast and jet tub, look elsewhere. But if you are looking for a very nice place to stay in a really nice town then definitely reserve a room at The Chalet!

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2012

I found the Chalet by accident after trying to find a hotel for the Milwaukee Marathon. It is wonderful! The rooms are quiet and the beds and bedding are so comfortable. The staff was so friendly and helpful, and it was half the price of the Best Western across the street. I have booked another stay there for our next trip. I wish I would have found it sooner - we stay in Mequon several times a year.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mequon
Baymont Inn & Suites Mequon Milwaukee Area
Hampton Inn & Suites Grafton
Radisson Hotel Menomonee Falls
Radisson Hotel Menomonee Falls
#1 of 2 in Menomonee Falls

Been to Chalet Motel Of Mequon? Share your experiences!