“Clean and cozy”

Chalet Motel Of Mequon
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Mequon
“Clean and cozy”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The property has a great location. It's clean and a relative value ( rooms are in short supply).
It's privately owned and very well managed..

It's half the price of the newer chain hotels nearby.

So do not expect all New everything at the Chalet just clean,safe and simple.

We are 70 years old and visited Grandkids. Stayed 4 nights and were happy.

Thanks Trip Advisor

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Paul T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Copperas Cove, Texas
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We accidently found this motel at Christmas time 4 years ago and have stayed there every trip through the area ever since. The rooms are large and very clean, the beds are comfortable, the people are nice and helpful and it's truly a great place to stay. Yes, the rooms are a bit dated, but I love it to the point that we plan our driving trip to my wife's mother around getting to stay there at least one night. In fact, we stopped there on July 2 and though the area had been hit by storms and much of the area was trying to recover, the Chalet was comfortable and welcoming.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jamie76522
Glen Ellyn, IL
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Looks a little rough on the outside. The décor isn't Pottery Barn...it's 1980s, but it is clean. The bed was comfortable and it was quieter than I thought. They had some continental breakfast food in the morning and some fresh fruit in the office. We appreciated the coffee maker, microwave, and frig in the room for our cooler. WiFi worked fine. Not bad for a quick overnight.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ILJilly
TA
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I stayed in the Chalet because I like to support local non-chain businesses. However, the room I stayed in had several issues. For the first night there was no hot water, only luke-warm. I attributed it to the fact that the place was full. However, the second night I had the same problem. When I complained, they did send someone up to check immediately. That night I did get hot water but only for a few minutes. In mid-shower it turned lukewarm. In addition, the last night of our stay was warm and we were unable to get the air conditioner to turn on. We were very tired and didn't feel comfortable having someone come up to our room at the late hour and thought we'd manage, but it was very hot and uncomfortable. My friend's mattress was ok but mine was lumpy and crooked. These problems should not have occurred. I will say that the motel was very clean.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank pc i
robert b, Owner at Chalet Motel Of Mequon, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
I'm sorry that your stay was not as comfortable as it should have been. I will personally investigate the hot water and air conditioner issues. I find that mattresses can be a matter of personal preference. We purchase very high quality mattresses and receive many compliments on them. The room you stayed in has pillow top mattresses that were purchased a little over 1 year ago. We rotate all our mattresses for longer life, per manufacturers specifications.

We appreciate the high marks for cleanliness! I would also like to thank you for supporting a local, non-chain business. I hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Thank you for taking the time to critique our property. We appreciate all reviews.

Robert Briese
Painesville, Ohio
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My husband and I were extremely impressed with this hotel. From the parking lot (no divets or holes, extremely clean, no trash or cigarette butts, beautiful landscaping, free and ample parking) to the walkways to our room (very clean, trash cans available at the stairways, outdoor chairs set right outside each room and a door mat at our door) to the inside of the room. The inside was very clean and spacious. We had a double queen room. A table and chairs for dining or computer work, 2 extremely comfortable beds, alarm clock, cable tv set inside a beautiful cabinet. The bathroom was very clean and spacious. The shower also clean and fresh. I asked the front desk for a recommendation on breakfast and they directed me to a nearby small restaurant that was extremely crowded (good sign that its good food). We took our order to go and had breakfast at our table in the room and showered then left for a funeral. We were only gone a short while but during that time our room was attended to and fresh towels were set. Extremely pleased with this location. Even my relatives that lived nearby were happy we (blindly) chose this motel because of its local reputation.

Room Tip: We were in a double queen in room 210. LOVED IT !!! All rooms face the street, so there are not any...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Debbie G
Thank you for the very positive review. We do appreciate our guests taking the time to let us know how we are doing. Some are very flattering while others challenge us to be better at serving you. We are a small independent property and this is the only business we have.
We welcome the feedback!
Thanks again and we hope to see you on a return visit.

David Dordel, GM
Bob Briese & Linda Walsh, Owners
Carbondale, Illinois
Reviewed 15 April 2014

My sister was in the Columbia St. Mary's Hospital in Mequon and we needed a place to stay for several days. This is straight south of the hospital. Very convenient with grocery stores and restaurants in between. When I called for our reservation they didn't have rooms next to each other but they said they'd see what they could work out. When we got there, they gave my parents an accessible room and my room was right next door. The cleaning staff was excellent! It was a very comfortable stay at a good price. Definitely staying here next time we're in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Barb1117
Angers, France
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I was in room 103 in January 2014, in the middle of a spell of arctic-cold weather. I found my room spacious and warm. By warm, I mean welcoming, nicely decorated and very well heated! It looked like it had been freshly remodeled, with a large bed, thick, plush mattress, good pillows, beautiful design sheets and bed cover. Phone and radio-alarm clock on bedside table, Desk with notepad and local sightseeing guide, leather recliner, two-door fridge and small microwave oven. Bathroom had clean shower, window with a view of snowy fields. Cable TV with HBO, and free secure WiFi internet access from the room.

Staff, owner/manager friendly and attentive to your needs. They seem to be keen on providing excellent service to the greater satisfaction of their guests. They also seem to be very attentive to the maintenance of the property.
The motel is nicely located on Port Washington Road, not far from an access to I.43, just under 18 miles North of downtown Milwaukee, on the way to pretty Cedarburg, Port Washington, and the Door County peninsula farther North. Close-by (almost within walking distance), there is a huge strip-mall with some major stores (large Les Moïse sports shop, Bed Bath & Beyond, etc.), a Sendik's quality grocery store, various kinds of boutiques, small restaurants and breakfast places, and the Chancery pub among other things.
Attached to the motel is a pleasant Mexican-style restaurant where the food is fresh and abundant, and very inexpensive. Besides, you will get a 15% discount coupon from the motel reception desk, valid on your total dinner bill. I appreciated the fresh, plentiful green salad they serve. Try also their Franziskaner beer on tap.

Room Tip: I believe some rooms in the northern "wing" of the motel have been more recently remodeled...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mequon
Baymont Inn & Suites Mequon Milwaukee Area
Comfort Inn & Suites. Grafton-Milwaukee
Four Points by Sheraton Milwaukee North Shore
Hampton Inn & Suites Grafton
Courtyard Milwaukee North/Brown Deer
Holiday Inn Express Milwaukee N. Brown Deer/Mequon

Been to Chalet Motel Of Mequon? Share your experiences!