“I'd Go Back!”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Merrill
Onalaska, Wisconsin
“I'd Go Back!”
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Golly, my wife and I were so happy with our stay here. We stayed a Friday night into Saturday morning. The place was quite clean, room spacious, towels plush, beds comfy, shower had plenty of hot water and was clean. Staff seemed very friendly and helpful without being overly so...The breakfast on Saturday included hard-boiled eggs, yogurt, fresh banana, the coffee was hot and they even had our favorite, hazelnut. Oh, I forgot, we hit the pool on Friday night. Great area, didn't have the stench of chlorine and both the pool temp and the hot tub were just right (and we had them all to ourselves, although the facility obviously was pretty full judging the number of cars in the nicely lit parking lot. (Mexican Restaurant just a short walk awau, but we had eaten elsewhere.) I complain when things aren't right--no complaints here!

Room Tip: There was probably an elevator, but we took the wide, carpeted stairway to our 2nd floor room and it...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Franksville
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Everything was excellent, clean rooms bed was comfy, nice place.
Staff was nice room was very clean, had the deluxe suite with fire place and hot tub was great. Breakfast had eggs, waffles, sausage ,juice, coffee very good .

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

San Diego, California
Reviewed 23 January 2014

The hotel was very nice overall. The part that stood out for me and why I will return in the future was the conversation. Upon checkout I had a memorable conversation with Russ Grefe. Thank you for everything and I look forward to seeing all of you again in the future. Any hotel that supports the military and its counterparts are great in my book.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

Fresno, California
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I feel this is probably the nicest place to stay in Merrill.... that being said Merrill is really tiny so the options are limited. Wausau, just south, has several more upscale options. This is a very family friendly place... a pool and hot breakfast for FREE every morning. It's not great but pretty good... especially for free. The internet connection is free and pretty fast. I really wish the TV channel selection was better and there was a guide to channels to avoid hitting commercials, bad shows, and the loud "snow screen." I also REALLY wish there was a small fitness room... it was so snowy and cold and just no way I could run outside. But the staff is nice, it's clean and well maintained. Nice place.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Nice hotel very clean well maintained the best place to stay in Merrill the location is easy off highway the staff is friendly the beds are comfortable. Very nice pool the lobby us friendly and inviting I would stay again

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Monroe
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We stay at the AmericInn Merrill, WI everytime we visit family in the area. Centrally located, we'll invited relatives to visit us at the hotel. Merrill property is also conveniently located for us when we go skiing.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Even though it was home-coming weekend & the lodge was full, the staff was always kind and courteous. The room was spotless & well maintained. Breakfast offerings were fresh, hot and plentiful. I returned to Merrill for a funeral, and was in a profound state of grief, but the staff always watched out for me, and made me feel as if I was part of a big family and we'd get through this together. I'm so glad I stayed at this Lodge. Really, really nice people.

Room Tip: Rooms on west side are quiet, and the first floor is not noisy.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Merrill
Econo Lodge
Jefferson Street Inn
Jefferson Street Inn
#1 of 11 in Wausau
Days Inn & Suites Wausau

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Merrill? Share your experiences!