“Pleasant stay at a good price”

Madison Marriott West
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Middleton
Piscataway, New Jersey
“Pleasant stay at a good price”
Reviewed 14 November 2010

This is an older, atrium-style hotel, and a bit out of the way. The room was spacious and comfortable, but we needed to switch because our first room smelt funky. Free laundry machines available. The Wifi is expensive and didn't work in my room. However, at check-out the charges were removed. Courteous and friendly staff. The hotel felt very empty.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed 3 November 2010

I attended a three-day conference at the Marriott Madison West, which is why I stayed at this hotel. I have attended this conference in previous years, and I have stayed at the Marriott as well as other nearby hotels. The convenience of staying in the same hotel where the events are held was my main reason for staying here. The group negotiated a rate of $109 per night.

Like most Marriotts, this property is well suited for the business traveler. The hotel staff is friendly and helpful. The rooms are very clean and up to date. They are also quiet. A group of high school students also had event at the same time, and I was never disturbed by noise at night. There is a bar and restaurant in the main atrium area, which is also convenient. I ate breakfast at the restaurant on the morning I left. The breakfast buffet was very good and reasonably priced at about $12.

Internet access is available for $13 per day. This is overpriced in my opinion, but most business travelers will submit the bill as a travel expense, so most users don't worry about this expense. The access service was ok. It was not the fastest, but I was able to stream a Skype video call with little difficulty.

There are lots of restaurants in the immediate area, so dining outside the hotel is easy. Many are a short walk as well. There is also a Post Office about 1 mile away. The hotel is located right off the highway, so it's easy to access.

I have stayed at this hotel before, and like my previous stays, I still like staying at this hotel. It is ideal for a business function, although it would work well for a social event held at the hotel as well. I would stay here again for an event held at or near the hotel. (CS)

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 27 September 2010

The staff were very helpful and went out of their way to accomodate my requests. The room was very comfortable and quiet. I cannot comment on the restaurant as i did not eat at the hotel (my meals were provided by the conference I attended.) The only issue I had (and its not very big) was that the fitness center was small and became crowded quickly after 6 am. I do think it is ridiculous that a Marriott which charges a nice price such as this one did not provide free internet access in the room. However, the business center had free computers to use and there was never any waiting. Overall a great stay in a nice hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 6 September 2010

We have been very loyal to the Marriott Chain but this property needs to be examined by their Executives.

Check-in was decent but the room had stained walls. The toilet had an issue too.

The fitness center had spoiled bananas sitting in the "fruit basket". One treadmill seemed like it was out of order for a while.

When we checked out, the woman did not say one word, honest! She looked up, we handed her our keys and said we were checking out. She nodded and when back to whatever she was doing on her computer. We were like "OOOhhhh-kay?"

If given a choice, we will not stay at this property until their Trip Advisor reviews start turning around.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Janie C
MadisonMarriott, General Manager at Madison Marriott West, responded to this review, 15 September 2010
Dear Ms. Janie C,

I would like to apologize for the issues that you encountered during your last stay with the Madison Marriott West.

I have sent a seperate e-mail asking for more information on the "Stains and toilet issues" for better clarification. I promise to personally inspect the rooms to insure that we did not miss this upon cleaning of the room.

The treadmill had parts on backorder from our service provider, and it just came in yesterday, and is now repaired. Unfortunately, we repair our equipment as fast as parts are available, but it is not always the next day.

I have spoken to my Front Office Manager regarding the attitude that you also spoke of.

I appreciate your comments, as it allows us to fix any issues that we may have not been aware of.

SIncerely,

Kevin

Travellers are raving about these Middleton hotels

Flordia
Reviewed 17 August 2010

This is a below average Marriott. We had two rooms one was a suite and one was a regualr king. The suite was ok but not what I expect when paying the price for a full service Marriott. The regualr room was very disappointing. This is the first Marriott I have stayed at in years that didnt have the new Marriott bedding, I was very disappointed. Also they have not updated their televisions to flat panel another disappointment. There are plenty of other hotels that provide way more amenties for a much better price in Madison.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Jupiter, Florida
Reviewed 6 August 2010

This looks like it used to be an Embassy Suites and they did a cheap job of turning into a Marriott. They charge like a Marriott but what you get is Holiday Inn with a good bed.

Room- gross tile in the shower that was all patched up versus replacing it. Rusty shower head. No bath mat. Lamps were from the 80's. One was broken. Tub drain was clogged. Old Tube TV. The only thing good I can say is the BED is wonderful. It is noisy in the room, you can hear all the lobby conversation and music from below. Only 2 elevators, there should be more as you always have to wait.

Service- apathetic. The first room they gave me had been smoked in so I asked for a different one and the guy behind the desk in the wrinkled shirt shrugged his shoulders and said it is not a smoking room and that somoene must have smoked - oh well. No apology. Missed wakeup call also, classy......

This hotel should not be a Marriott. It is clearly a franchise and they are running it as cheaply as possible. Other than the bed it has nothing in common with any Marriott I've stayed it. Plus, they charge for internet and the prices were not low. What a joke. Would NOT stay here again.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank TropicalTraveler78
San Diego, California
Reviewed 5 August 2010

This hotel really went out of their way to accommodate me in particular and all of my colleagues and I in general.

The people there are very professional and treated us like family. They offer a breakfast buffet that is just delicious and includes everything you can imagine for a hot, full breakfast, or a quick continental breakfast. The Falling Water Restaurant's chef created some absolutely delicious fare. The third time I stayed there I was recovering from mouth surgery. When I tried to order just some mashed potatoes, he asked why (via the waitress). He created a delicious salmon dish for me with capers and lemon sauce that was very easy for me to eat.

They really go out of their way to assure you are well taken care of. I've gone to vacation spots at high-end hotels and haven't enjoyed them as much as I do this one.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middleton
Hilton Garden Inn Madison West/Middleton
Fairfield Inn & Suites Madison West/Middleton
Courtyard Madison West/Middleton
Comfort Suites Madison West
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison West
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Madison West

Been to Madison Marriott West? Share your experiences!