Madison Marriott West
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsthe concierge loungeembassy suitesmarriott standardsfull servicebit datedbreakfast buffetnice hotelhotel restaurantplenty of parkingconference roombusiness meetingwest sidebed was very comfortableup to dateconventionmadisontaylor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 February 2011

Excellent staff there to help in any way and very friendly. The room is a different matter. The sheets on my king size bed were paper thin and the bath towels must be years old, making it feel like I'm at a motel 6. For business the desk was very nice but only had one power receptacle available that was under the desk and made me choose which device to recharge. For these reasons I would not recommend this hotel. There are many other more modern hotels in the area.

• Stayed: February 2011
Reviewed 23 November 2010

I have never been to a noisier hotel. It was very difficult to sleep at night because the bar/lounge area is in the center of the hotel and the rooms are circled around it. I was here for a class/conference and got very little sleep which left me less than prepared for long days of classwork. If you have to stay here, try requesting a room on one of the higher floors. And the high speed internet cost $10 per day with no free hot zones.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank EatRDTravel
Reviewed 14 November 2010

This is an older, atrium-style hotel, and a bit out of the way. The room was spacious and comfortable, but we needed to switch because our first room smelt funky. Free laundry machines available. The Wifi is expensive and didn't work in my room. However, at check-out the charges were removed. Courteous and friendly staff. The hotel felt very empty.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 November 2010

I attended a three-day conference at the Marriott Madison West, which is why I stayed at this hotel. I have attended this conference in previous years, and I have stayed at the Marriott as well as other nearby hotels. The convenience of staying in the same hotel where the events are held was my main reason for staying here. The group negotiated a rate of $109 per night.

Like most Marriotts, this property is well suited for the business traveler. The hotel staff is friendly and helpful. The rooms are very clean and up to date. They are also quiet. A group of high school students also had event at the same time, and I was never disturbed by noise at night. There is a bar and restaurant in the main atrium area, which is also convenient. I ate breakfast at the restaurant on the morning I left. The breakfast buffet was very good and reasonably priced at about $12.

Internet access is available for $13 per day. This is overpriced in my opinion, but most business travelers will submit the bill as a travel expense, so most users don't worry about this expense. The access service was ok. It was not the fastest, but I was able to stream a Skype video call with little difficulty.

There are lots of restaurants in the immediate area, so dining outside the hotel is easy. Many are a short walk as well. There is also a Post Office about 1 mile away. The hotel is located right off the highway, so it's easy to access.

I have stayed at this hotel before, and like my previous stays, I still like staying at this hotel. It is ideal for a business function, although it would work well for a social event held at the hotel as well. I would stay here again for an event held at or near the hotel. (CS)

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 September 2010

The staff were very helpful and went out of their way to accomodate my requests. The room was very comfortable and quiet. I cannot comment on the restaurant as i did not eat at the hotel (my meals were provided by the conference I attended.) The only issue I had (and its not very big) was that the fitness center was small and became crowded quickly after 6 am. I do think it is ridiculous that a Marriott which charges a nice price such as this one did not provide free internet access in the room. However, the business center had free computers to use and there was never any waiting. Overall a great stay in a nice hotel.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business