“Starting to Show Its Age”

Staybridge Suites Middleton / Madison
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Middleton
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Starting to Show Its Age”
Reviewed 27 March 2014

This hotel has a great location in Middleton. My comments below
• Stains on carpet
• Cracked floor tile in bathroom
• Room was very nice and comfortable
• Great location in Middleton - easy to walk to all the downtown restaurants, etc.
• Very nice small kitchen area
We use this hotel occasionally, but it is not our favorite.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
sbsmiddleton, Manager at Staybridge Suites Middleton / Madison, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Hi Riley73!

Thank you for taking the time to review StayBridge Suites Middleton!

I agree with your review title that the hotel is starting to show it's age, but exciting changes are on the very near horizon! We are slated to begin renovations early April 2014 which will include a fresh, new look for our lobby, Great Room, hallways, guest rooms and more!! We can say good bye to the carpet stains and cracked tiles!

I am hoping we become one of your favorite places to stay in Middleton and look forward to exceeding your expectations on your next stay.

Thank you once again for the review and we look forward to seeing you when your travels bring you back to Middleton!

StayBridge Suites Middleton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Since I am a Gold Club Member in IHG, I chose this hotel from the list of accommodations given for my 5 week business trip to Middleton. The rate given my company was hard to beat but you get what you pay for I guess.
This Staybridge location is fine for a short trip like a week or so, but anything longer there are better places to stay nearby.
Meals provided are basic sustenance of life with little variety...just meh. Rooms are fairly small, the cable TV reception is grainy and poor. The kitchen is too small and poorly equipped to be useful. I asked for a toaster oven during my 3rd week so I could cook some things other than warm up in microwave unhealthy meals and was simply told 'No, but we are beginning a renovation in March". How nice for you...I leave end of February!
Underground parking is the only feature of this hotel that kept me from switching places to stay the very first week. When it's -10 outside...the 60degF parking garage is a nice feature.
The business center is not up to par either. I needed to scan some documents and send via email. Nope...sorry...can't do that.
My other choice was a Residence Inn nearby. So sad really I didn't make that decision. I have been at several Staybridge Suites all over the country...this is the worst. Rating=Average at best. :(

Room Tip: Agree with others that the Elmwood side is best.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
sbsmiddleton, Manager at Staybridge Suites Middleton / Madison, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Hi Mevman,

Thank you for being an IHG Rewards Gold Member, we appreciate your loyalty! Thank you for also taking the time to write a review!

I am sorry to hear you feel your stay with us is not up to par. I would like to address a couple of the items you pointed out in your review so others are not mislead. Our rooms are equipped with microwaves and 2 burners for cooking. We do have toaster ovens available upon request. I am sorry you were told no, as no is not in our vocabulary here at StayBridge Suites. We do our very best to accommodate everyone's needs as we strive to be your "Home Away From Home".

Yes, we are going to be undergoing renovations, but the toaster oven is not related to that exciting venture. You stated our rooms are fairly small. Our standard Studio Suites are 355 Square Feet, which is typically what we offer our business partners for the lowest rate. We do have upgraded One Bedroom Suites that are 555 Square Feet and Two Bedroom Suites at 855 Square Feet that are available. Prices do vary based on length of stay and business affiliation.

I can understand your frustration with breakfast. We do have items in rotation to try and keep it new and exciting and after a few weeks I can see how it would become boring. I would encourage you to ask staff for suggestions on spicing up your breakfast. We get very creative with the food to keep our taste buds happy.

Our business center computers are managed by a third party, so in order to have the scan capabilities with the new multifunction printer we purchased an appointment was needed. In the mean time, staff and management have always offered use of management computers to guests, as we realize it can pose quite the inconvenience. The multifunction printer has been installed and is fully functional in our business center since the review was posted. We are also in the process of upgrading our Television and Internet Service. Unfortunately, being a commercial property it takes a bit longer than residential service.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write a review and I hope we can finish your stay with us on a higher note. If you require any assistance the remainder of your stay, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly.

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I must say Bobby was great, very helpful and willing to assist with anything. I stayed here due to location to the area I had to attend for training and loved the shuttle service provided each day. The shuttle drivers were very nice, had one that was maybe a little too friendly, but I just figure he didn't have a lot of friends. Room was clean, bed comfortable, just a little dated but not terrible. My days there were fine, most of the time the front desk staff was friendly but had a couple that could use a little help in customer relations.
My last day there my flight was leaving very early, too early for the shuttle to run so the hotel was gracious enough to set up a cab for me. When the cab didn't show up at the time it was suppose to I asked the girl at the front desk if she would mind calling them to see if they were on their way. She looked very irritated by my request, looked in the book and said "sorry , i don't know who they called. So.... there is not much i can do for you" She wouldn't even bother to give me the different companies they typically use or anything. So, I started calling all around trying to see if the taxi was on its way. Well, unfortunately the taxi came and left without me as he didn't come to the front of the building, but to the side?! Anyway... I tried to flag him down becuase at this point I was really pushing time to get to the airport. The girl at the front desk was no where to be seen and I was standing there at the front desk and had to loudly ask "excuse me" I begin to tell her what happend and she looked at me like I was some kind of idiot. I asked if there is any other service they could possible call to get out there asap and she was like "uh,.. I guess I could call someone" She did come back and tell me the new cab would be there in 15-30 minutes, and away she went back behind the curtain . One of the sweet shuttle drivers- Bob, saw me sitting there almost in tears and asked me what happened. He was so upset for me he went behind the "curtain" I assume to see if he could just take me since at this point it was only 30 minutes before they begin their shuttle runs and I assume was told no. Again...assuming. He comes back out looks at me sadly and just shakes his head. Clearly the only one who could tell that I was pretty frustrated. I don't blame them for what happened with the taxi, but the fact that I was clearly irritating the front desk person is what bothered me the most. I literally got the the airport at 6:45 for a 7 am departure and Yes, I made it! Due to the attitude by that girl at the front desk... I am very dissapointed.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
sbsmiddleton, Manager at Staybridge Suites Middleton / Madison, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Hi Kgirl2000,

Thank you for taking the time to review the StayBridge Suites Middleton! I'm happy to see you enjoyed your interactions with Bobby and our Shuttle Drivers (Sam, Bob and Alan). They are pretty unique individuals who truly care about our guests and I will pass along the nice sentiments. The hotel rooms are a bit outdated which is why we are scheduled for a renovation in 2014! Exciting things are on the horizon!

I am deeply sorry for the way you were treated the morning of your check out. This is definitely not an acceptable way for you to feel, especially when your stay had started out so great. I have reached out to you privately for a some details on your stay so I may use this as a coaching moment for my staff to ensure this does not happen again.

Again, I am sorry for the way you were treated at the end of your stay and I thank you for taking the time to review us. I hope you give us another try when your travels bring you back to Middleton.

Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Very nice and clean rooms with no noise. We got a good night’s sleep, didn't care for the small pillows though. The breakfast was decent but not overly exciting, fresh fruit / yogurt, toast, bacon, cereal, pre-made omelets and waffle's. Liked the underground heated parking as it was below zero that night.
Did buy the Capital Brewing package, I set up the tour ahead of time with the brewery (they were very accommodating) as you can't make reservations without purchasing the tickets on the brewery website (the brewery is working on that). We did get our glasses when we checked into the suites, there was no mention of free beer. There is however a free tasting at the tour, four 4 oz. tastings and beer to purchase. I enjoyed the "supper club" and my wife the "pumpkinator".

Would stay there again!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
sbsmiddleton, Manager at Staybridge Suites Middleton / Madison, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Hi bba66,

Thank you for taking the time to review the StayBridge Suites in Middleton! I'm glad you were able to take advantage of the Capital Brewery Package we offer since we are within walking distance to such an enjoyable place! Unfortunately, beer is no longer available with the package but just as you stated you do have the opportunity for samples after the tour. I personally enjoy the Supper Club as well! I do agree the pillows have to go, which is why new pillows are included in our renovations plans for 2014! I'm happy you were able to take advantage of our underground parking as well. It definitely is a unique amenity!

Thank You once again for the review and we look forward to seeing you when your travels bring you back to Middleton!

Melissa R Reetz
Austin, TX
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I spent 11 days at the Staybridge Suites over the holidays. After reading some of the reviews here, I was a bit apprehensive. Since we had prepaid for our room, we had little choice but to go forward, and I'm so glad we did.

I stay in Middleton regularly, and my comparison here is based on comparing a similar property, the Comfort Suites about a mile away. We normally stay at the CS, but because their pet cost was 10 bucks a night, we opted to take the $75 per stay option offered on the Staybridge website.

First quality- Social night. We had just gotten off of a 12 hour drive, and freezing rain was on its way, so pulled pork sandwiches with a cold Capital beer seemed like a great option while we settled in.

Second quality- Breakfast. It's a simple breakfast with many options. Lots of fruit, juices, cereals, waffle iron, yogurt and cottage cheese, and a rotating hot option. Better than the CS.

Shuttle service- yes, our car was in the shop about 5 of the days we were there. How nice it was to have the shuttle take us to my father's house, including our dog. No fuss, super nice drivers.

Pool- The pool area was super clean, the hot tub was smoldering, and towels were abundant. We spent lots of time here, and I'd rate the facility equal to the Comfort Suites.

Parking- Heated and underground, this meant no scraping or shoveling, which considering the weather conditions, was the best amenity of all. Beats CS all the way.

Laundry- free (but you buy/bring detergent)- modern washers and dryers, and much nicer and more abundant than my experience at Comfort Suites (although I haven't done laundry there in a couple of years, so they may have modernized)

Location/Staff/Cleanliness- The location to me beats CS because you can walk to restaurants, coffee, etc. If you have a pet, you'll appreciate the access to green space across the street near path to Capital Brewery. Really nice to be able to walk to a number of local venues. The staff is super friendly, helpful, and from what I saw, very accommodating of the guests. Cleanliness was spot on.

Does it need an interior facelift? Yes, some updating would be nice. Of course if you saw how much salt/deicer is in use being tracked in by the guests, you'd agree that the rugs look great considering the abuse. We were very comfortable at this property and will definitely return.

2 items to note- the pillows are cute little squares. This needs to change. Also the pet policy. On the website it says $75 per stay, and we were charged $75 per week (less expensive pet policy was the initial reason we chose this hotel). When we pointed this out, the manager rebated $75, but be aware that the website (at least at this writing) is not accurate.

All in all great stay!

Room Tip: Definitely choose a room that is not on the beltline side of the property. Get one that faces Elmwo...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
sbsmiddleton, Manager at Staybridge Suites Middleton / Madison, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Hi Quilmesgrl!

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of your recent stay with us! I'm so happy you enjoyed your stay over the holidays! I'm also pleased to know we exceeded your expectations and you and your dog were able to take advantage of the complimentary shuttle service. We strive to be a "home away from home" and it appears we achieved that for you!

We are going to begin a renovation early this year (2014), which will include guest rooms, lobby and hallways. Hopefully when you stay with us again, you will be able to enjoy a newly renovated guest room! Also, thank you for pointing out the website error regarding the pet fee, it has been corrected.

Thank you once again for the wonderful review. We look forward to seeing you and your dog on your next visit to Middleton!

Post Falls, Idaho
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Meh. Property is pretty aged and since it is an extended stay people use the kitchen/dining room table. But the dining room table is on carpet so it gets pretty dirty. One burner didn’t work and the television reception was grainy. Don’t get the “Capital Brewing Package” for $5 additional. It promises: beer glasses, a tour, and a six-pack of beer but Capital Brewing apparently doesn’t give the beer away anymore. It’s just not right to promise someone beer and then hand them empty glasses.

Not enough seating at breakfast so folks were sitting in the "Executive Conference Room." Staff was decent and pool and fitness room was clean. We slept well but my overall feeling was "overrated."

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Middleton / Madison, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Dear H0bbits,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving a review. We are glad to see that you left some feedback on what you liked as well as what fell below your expectations. We are deeply sorry for any inconveniences you have experienced due to the room conditions. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve. We are hospitality professionals and strive to be the best. Your comments will be looked into.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I don't like eating out every meal when I'm out of town so the apartment-like setup of their rooms was perfect for me. Some of the public areas of the hotel are worn, but the room itself felt nice and that's what really matters to me. The complimentary breakfast was average at best and definitely felt free. The front desk staff were not overly friendly, but nice enough. Stayed on a frosty night so the heated parking was the best feature of the hotel. Housekeeping did come knocking on my door despite the do not disturb sign, but the absolute worst part of this hotel is the room felt about 5 feet from the highway and there is no quiet at any hour.

Room Tip: Try to get on the side away from the highway
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
sbsmiddleton, Manager at Staybridge Suites Middleton / Madison, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Hi imthedoctor,

Thank you for taking the time to review the StayBridge Suites in Middleton!

I'm sorry to hear the staff was not as friendly as they should have been and for housekeeping knocking on your door even with the Do Not Disturb sign on. We pride ourselves on being your "home away from home" and ensuring everyone feels part of the family. It appears we did not meet this expectation for you. I also want to apologize the breakfast felt average and the noise level was high in your guest suite. We are currently testing new breakfast items for guest satsifaction. We are also researching options for improved soundproofing of the guest rooms since we do have a close proximity to the highway. These options include thicker paned windows, noise reducing drapery and insulation.

I am glad you were able to utilize the climate controlled underground parking. It really is a unique feature of the hotel and definitely makes the colder months more bearable!

StayBridge Suites Middleton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middleton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison West
Fairfield Inn & Suites Madison West/Middleton
Hilton Garden Inn Madison West/Middleton
Courtyard Madison West/Middleton
Residence Inn Madison West/Middleton
Comfort Suites Madison West

Been to Staybridge Suites Middleton / Madison? Share your experiences!