“UW HOSPITAL STAY”

Staybridge Suites Middleton / Madison
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Middleton
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Our son was at UW hospital (5 miles) for a major operation. This hotel is an oasis we will stay at again. The rooms are large and well laid out. The breakfast was very good. The staff was cordial & answered all our questions. The pool & hot tub are excellent. We went to the Thursday night reception and were blown away by it. They grilled out and had a DJ who played soft music! A great buy.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
sbsmiddleton, Manager at Staybridge Suites Middleton / Madison, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

Hi Bill K!

Thank you for taking the time to review StayBridge Suites Middleton/Madison-West!

I am overjoyed to hear you had a great stay with us and will return for your lodging needs. It is wonderful you were able to enjoy one of our grill nights and the DJ entertainment we provide a couple nights each month! I will be sure to pass along your comments to the staff as well!

Thank you again for the glowing review and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Middleton!

Also, I hope your son has recuperated quickly from his surgery.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

This property is a great place to stay in the winter... the underground parking is delightful. The rooms are spacious. Breakfast is ok- bacon was available at least one day on the weekend when we first went, but I haven't seen it in a while. The masses are always pleased with it... You can't go wrong with bacon!
We enjoy the location- it is near some very good Middleton restaurants- Louisianne's is an excellent place for fine dining. Also once we finally went into the Mustard Museum, we were hooked on that- you can taste a variety of mustards- sweet, hot, mild, strong...We have some favorites that we only pick up at the museum. It is a nice get away and a good place to stay for business also.

Room Tip: All rooms we have stayed in were similar. There were no issues noise or comfort.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
sbsmiddleton, Manager at Staybridge Suites Middleton / Madison, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Hi JC1063!

Thank you for taking the time to review the StayBridge Suites Middleton/Madison-West!

I am thrilled to see you enjoy your stay(s) at the hotel and are able to take advantage of the underground parking; it makes these Wisconsin winters a bit more bearable. The Mustard Museum is quite a unique attraction for the area and they do have quite the array of mustard, among other treasures.

Next time you are in the area and decide to stay with us, please reach out to me personally so we can have a plate of bacon ready for you at breakfast!

Thank you again for the review and we hope to see you soon when your travels bring you back to Middleton!

StayBridge Suites Middleton/Madison West

Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

To be honest the basics were okay. Clean room, good temperature control, and an okay night sleep. While the breakfast was good it could have been better. All three days they're having issues with the internet in for a few hours tonight I checked in the TV didn't work.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
sbsmiddleton, Manager at Staybridge Suites Middleton / Madison, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Hi clandauer,

Thank you for taking the time to review StayBridge Suites Middleton/Madison-West. While I am happy to see you were content with your stay, we did not exceed your expectations or "wow" you in anyway and that is truly disappointing. We are currently experimenting with various breakfast food options such as breakfast pizza, french toast sticks, and breakfast burritos to name a few. We are also in the process of trying different egg and meat option to see which one provides the best quality/flavor.

While I am unsure when you stayed, the city of Middleton was experiencing cable and internet outages recently which have since been rectified by the provider.

I sincerely hope you will give us another chance to "WOW" you, especially when our renovations are completed late summer.

Thank you once again for the review and we look forward to seeing you when your travels bring you back to Middleton.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Stayed here for business. Requested a king bed, and to my surprise, was given a king suite. Very spacious room, with small kitchen, living, and seperate bathroom. Everything appeared relatively new and in good clean condition. All the amenities one would expect in a room.

The included breakfast is nice with good quality fruits. I prefer eggs, and these were premade egg patties which unlike some other airline style breakfasts at hotels, was actually quite good. Real ham, bacon, waffles, oatmeal, yogurt, etc.

I would recommend this place to others and is nicely located in Middleton so as to be within walking distance of many good restaurants and bars.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
sbsmiddleton, Manager at Staybridge Suites Middleton / Madison, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Hi Gritz71!

I am happy to see your request for a king bed was met and exceeded! I'm glad you enjoyed breakfast as well; we are always looking for ways to keep breakfast exciting and tasty without sacrificing quality.

We are beginning our renovation April 6, 2014; so even though you enjoyed our guest rooms now, I'm sure they will blow you away in a few weeks!

Thank you once again for the review and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Middleton!

Reviewed 27 March 2014

This hotel has a great location in Middleton. My comments below
• Stains on carpet
• Cracked floor tile in bathroom
• Room was very nice and comfortable
• Great location in Middleton - easy to walk to all the downtown restaurants, etc.
• Very nice small kitchen area
We use this hotel occasionally, but it is not our favorite.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
sbsmiddleton, Manager at Staybridge Suites Middleton / Madison, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Hi Riley73!

Thank you for taking the time to review StayBridge Suites Middleton!

I agree with your review title that the hotel is starting to show it's age, but exciting changes are on the very near horizon! We are slated to begin renovations early April 2014 which will include a fresh, new look for our lobby, Great Room, hallways, guest rooms and more!! We can say good bye to the carpet stains and cracked tiles!

I am hoping we become one of your favorite places to stay in Middleton and look forward to exceeding your expectations on your next stay.

Thank you once again for the review and we look forward to seeing you when your travels bring you back to Middleton!

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Since I am a Gold Club Member in IHG, I chose this hotel from the list of accommodations given for my 5 week business trip to Middleton. The rate given my company was hard to beat but you get what you pay for I guess.
This Staybridge location is fine for a short trip like a week or so, but anything longer there are better places to stay nearby.
Meals provided are basic sustenance of life with little variety...just meh. Rooms are fairly small, the cable TV reception is grainy and poor. The kitchen is too small and poorly equipped to be useful. I asked for a toaster oven during my 3rd week so I could cook some things other than warm up in microwave unhealthy meals and was simply told 'No, but we are beginning a renovation in March". How nice for you...I leave end of February!
Underground parking is the only feature of this hotel that kept me from switching places to stay the very first week. When it's -10 outside...the 60degF parking garage is a nice feature.
The business center is not up to par either. I needed to scan some documents and send via email. Nope...sorry...can't do that.
My other choice was a Residence Inn nearby. So sad really I didn't make that decision. I have been at several Staybridge Suites all over the country...this is the worst. Rating=Average at best. :(

Room Tip: Agree with others that the Elmwood side is best.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
sbsmiddleton, Manager at Staybridge Suites Middleton / Madison, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Hi Mevman,

Thank you for being an IHG Rewards Gold Member, we appreciate your loyalty! Thank you for also taking the time to write a review!

I am sorry to hear you feel your stay with us is not up to par. I would like to address a couple of the items you pointed out in your review so others are not mislead. Our rooms are equipped with microwaves and 2 burners for cooking. We do have toaster ovens available upon request. I am sorry you were told no, as no is not in our vocabulary here at StayBridge Suites. We do our very best to accommodate everyone's needs as we strive to be your "Home Away From Home".

Yes, we are going to be undergoing renovations, but the toaster oven is not related to that exciting venture. You stated our rooms are fairly small. Our standard Studio Suites are 355 Square Feet, which is typically what we offer our business partners for the lowest rate. We do have upgraded One Bedroom Suites that are 555 Square Feet and Two Bedroom Suites at 855 Square Feet that are available. Prices do vary based on length of stay and business affiliation.

I can understand your frustration with breakfast. We do have items in rotation to try and keep it new and exciting and after a few weeks I can see how it would become boring. I would encourage you to ask staff for suggestions on spicing up your breakfast. We get very creative with the food to keep our taste buds happy.

Our business center computers are managed by a third party, so in order to have the scan capabilities with the new multifunction printer we purchased an appointment was needed. In the mean time, staff and management have always offered use of management computers to guests, as we realize it can pose quite the inconvenience. The multifunction printer has been installed and is fully functional in our business center since the review was posted. We are also in the process of upgrading our Television and Internet Service. Unfortunately, being a commercial property it takes a bit longer than residential service.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write a review and I hope we can finish your stay with us on a higher note. If you require any assistance the remainder of your stay, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly.

Reviewed 31 January 2014

I must say Bobby was great, very helpful and willing to assist with anything. I stayed here due to location to the area I had to attend for training and loved the shuttle service provided each day. The shuttle drivers were very nice, had one that was maybe a little too friendly, but I just figure he didn't have a lot of friends. Room was clean, bed comfortable, just a little dated but not terrible. My days there were fine, most of the time the front desk staff was friendly but had a couple that could use a little help in customer relations.
My last day there my flight was leaving very early, too early for the shuttle to run so the hotel was gracious enough to set up a cab for me. When the cab didn't show up at the time it was suppose to I asked the girl at the front desk if she would mind calling them to see if they were on their way. She looked very irritated by my request, looked in the book and said "sorry , i don't know who they called. So.... there is not much i can do for you" She wouldn't even bother to give me the different companies they typically use or anything. So, I started calling all around trying to see if the taxi was on its way. Well, unfortunately the taxi came and left without me as he didn't come to the front of the building, but to the side?! Anyway... I tried to flag him down becuase at this point I was really pushing time to get to the airport. The girl at the front desk was no where to be seen and I was standing there at the front desk and had to loudly ask "excuse me" I begin to tell her what happend and she looked at me like I was some kind of idiot. I asked if there is any other service they could possible call to get out there asap and she was like "uh,.. I guess I could call someone" She did come back and tell me the new cab would be there in 15-30 minutes, and away she went back behind the curtain . One of the sweet shuttle drivers- Bob, saw me sitting there almost in tears and asked me what happened. He was so upset for me he went behind the "curtain" I assume to see if he could just take me since at this point it was only 30 minutes before they begin their shuttle runs and I assume was told no. Again...assuming. He comes back out looks at me sadly and just shakes his head. Clearly the only one who could tell that I was pretty frustrated. I don't blame them for what happened with the taxi, but the fact that I was clearly irritating the front desk person is what bothered me the most. I literally got the the airport at 6:45 for a 7 am departure and Yes, I made it! Due to the attitude by that girl at the front desk... I am very dissapointed.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
sbsmiddleton, Manager at Staybridge Suites Middleton / Madison, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Hi Kgirl2000,

Thank you for taking the time to review the StayBridge Suites Middleton! I'm happy to see you enjoyed your interactions with Bobby and our Shuttle Drivers (Sam, Bob and Alan). They are pretty unique individuals who truly care about our guests and I will pass along the nice sentiments. The hotel rooms are a bit outdated which is why we are scheduled for a renovation in 2014! Exciting things are on the horizon!

I am deeply sorry for the way you were treated the morning of your check out. This is definitely not an acceptable way for you to feel, especially when your stay had started out so great. I have reached out to you privately for a some details on your stay so I may use this as a coaching moment for my staff to ensure this does not happen again.

Again, I am sorry for the way you were treated at the end of your stay and I thank you for taking the time to review us. I hope you give us another try when your travels bring you back to Middleton.

StayBridge Suites Middleton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Middleton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison West
Courtyard Madison West/Middleton
Hilton Garden Inn Madison West/Middleton
Madison Marriott West
Madison Marriott West
#7 of 7 in Middleton
Hampton Inn and Suites Madison West
Residence Inn Madison West/Middleton

Been to Staybridge Suites Middleton / Madison? Share your experiences!